Monday 1 December 2014

Blogmas Day 1 - November Favourites 2014


Good Morning my Lovelies and welcome to December! I honestly can't believe how quickly this year has gone and it's crazy that it's now December. This month I have decided to take up the challenge of Blogmas where I will upload a post everyday until December the 24th. The posts will mainly be beauty related but they may also have a little bit of my day thrown in as well. Think of it like an advent calendar but with blog posts.

Being the 1st of December means it's time for a monthly favourites post. I have been a bit boring during November where I have stuck to using the same products most days just because I have got into a routine of using them and it's quick and easy.

Starting with hair, this month I discovered the Garnier Ultimate Blends Sleek Perfector Oil. I don't think this is a new product but I honestly think this has helped save my hair. This is a heat protector serum that you can apply to wet or dry hair, I apply it to both. It also helps to control frizz and repairs split ends. I know what you're thinking, this product is claiming to do a lot of things but does it actually do any? The answer is definitely yes! My split ends have appeared reduced and my hair feels healthier and shinier even though I have been straightening my hair more in the past month. After straightening my hair regularly for many years now my ends are very damaged but I think this may save them without having to get my hair cut regularly which is a pain when you're trying to grow it. It has a subtle smell of coconut which I personally love. I would 100% repurchase this product multiple times.

I love pretty much every range that The Body Shop has produced and the Christmas limited edition Glazed Apple collection may just be my new favourite. Bold statement I know. I love the smell of it, it honestly smells incredible it reminds me of sherbet and apples. I think I used to love a sweet when I was younger that has exactly the same smell but I can't remember what it is. This hand cream not only smells incredible but it absorbs into your skin really quickly so you're not left with sticky hands for hours where you can't move or everything you touch gets sticky and slightly greasy. This is a great handbag sized product and one that seems to go everywhere with me.

Moving on to my favourite thing to blog about, make-up. This past month I have been loving a blusher from Sleek in the shade 923 Pomegranate. I have had this blusher for a while now and it's one that I always use over the winter. It's a beautiful dark berry shade that leaves your cheeks looking that natural glowing colour that you get when you've been outside in the cold. Sleek do the best blushers and they're vey affordable too! I think I might do a blog post on these this month as they are amazing. They are so pigmented and will last you for years. This blusher also blends really nicely to your cheeks giving them a very natural warm glow.

I don't tend to use single eyeshadows often and I don't have many in my collection. I usually just use pallets because you've got all the colours you need that blend together nicely and I'm just lazy. Recently I was looking through my collection and I found this little gem in Iced Fudge by Maybelline. What a cute name. Most days I'm in a rush getting ready before work so I have just been applying this shade on it's own rather then contouring. This shade has an amazing shimmer to it so once applied to your eyelids it looks like you have contoured your eye make-up. It is a beautiful brown with a white and golden shimmer which honestly looks beautiful on your eyes. This is definitely a cheats eyeshadow for contouring as it just saves so much time. I might have a nosy and see what other colours Maybelline do in their single eyeshadows.

The last item in my monthly favourites is the Barry M Showgirl Mascara with extra volume. I'll be honest with you that I don't tend to buy mascaras from Barry M, I don't know why but this is the first one that I have tried from them. I usually stick to Maybelline as I personally think that they own it when it comes to mascara. I have been pleasantly surprised by this beauty though and I have used it every day in November. There are many things that I love about this mascara. One - the packaging, I love rose gold it just makes make-up look really special. Two - the size, you get a lot of product with this mascara that will last you a long time. I also love the applicator as it's not too long and the brush is thick making it easy to apply to your eye lashes. Three - the fact that when I brought this I got it for free with a Barry M offer. Four - it looks very natural on your eyelids as it lengthens as well as increasing the volume. You can easily build it up depending on how much mascara you want. This has been my favourite mascara recently and I would re-purchase it. I might have to check out other mascaras that Barry M do in the future after discovering this little fella. I also did a blog post on this in October if you want to see a more in-depth review.

Let me know in the comments what your favourite products were in the past month.
Thank you for reading my lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...