Tuesday 2 December 2014

Blogmas Day 2 - The Winterlicious Tag

Hello my lovelies and welcome to a slightly different style of blog posts for you all today. This one is going to be a bit more of a chatty one rather then a review or haul. I was tagged by Alisha to do the Winterlicious Tag. I hadn't heard of this before but I'm always up for a challenge and it seemed very festive for blogmas.

Favourite winter candle?
Now don't get me wrong but I love a Yankee Candle - yes I'm slightly obsessed with them although I'm going to throw this out there that I haven't been a massive fan of their Christmas scents this year, I've found them a bit too sweet. Instead this year I have been loving Colony candles, in particular their are three scents. My favourite is Noel - I don't know how to describe it, to me it smells of a combination between Christmas trees and spices - basically the smell of Christmas. The one that I'm currently using is called Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh which is a really nice gentle Christmasy candle which would be good for someone who doesn't like strong smelling candles. Another one that I have been loving is called Festive Cookies which is a sweet scent but it isn't too strong. I'm not usually one for sweet scents but I love this one so much it's a combination of sweet cookies and spices.

Favourite winter nail polish?
During Autumn I'm all for my berries and darker shades but at Christmas I love wearing red nail polish. Now you all know I love Barry M nail polish I've raved about them so many times that I won't repeat myself but in particular this year for winter/Christmas I will be wearing Chilli and Blood Orange. Yes I know that it is bad lighting but it looks festive with the candle. Chilli is a darker red and more subtle to wear on an everyday basis where as Blood Orange is that classic bright pillar box red and I will probably wear it on Christmas with some silver glitter. Just writing this gets me excited for Christmas day.
Chilli and Blood Orange
 Favourite winter lip product?
This was a difficult question for me as along with nail polish, lip products are my favourite things to buy so narrowing it down was difficult. Similar to the nail polish in Autumn I tend to wear more berry shades but in winter/Christmas I go for more reds. I couldn't pick one - failed. On the left is Whimsical by Revlon which appears to be a berry with shimmer. Not something I usually go for but I was pleasantly surprised. I love berry shades but the fact it has glitter in made me nervous. Although on the lips it appears more red and your lips don't look glittery they just have a very natural shine so it was more wearable then I was expecting and great for the festive season. The Kiss Of Life or 111 is from the Kate Moss collection for Rimmel. It's a matte lipstick but if you prefer more of a shine you could easily apply a clear or red lip gloss on top. This is just another classic red that everybody should own and again it is perfect for Christmas. For a matte lipstick it is very moisturising and I would highly recommend both of these products as the pigmentation is amazing and they are both affordable.

Whimsical and Kiss Of Life
Most worn winter clothing piece? 
When it comes to winter there is nothing better then staying indoors with a nice warm jumper and leggings with a candle, Christmas movie and chocolate. Leggings are my favourite thing to wear during the winter, I pretty much wear them most days I just find them more comfy then jeans. Pyjamas are also heaven for me in winter. As soon as I'm back from work I'm into my pyjamas, to be honest I pretty much live in them at the moment. 

Most worn winter accessory?
This definitely has to be scarves, I own way too many and I'm always buying more. At the moment I love wearing a pink and cream tartan scarf from River Island. It's warm and it just goes with most outfits. I love the idea of gloves as I hate having cold hands but I find gloves really difficult I don't think they suit me and I'm really fussy and I've never found that perfect pair. 

Favourite winter beverage?
I don't have a favourite drink in particular but I would recommend Costa. I'm not joking but I could quite happily drink all of their Christmas drinks. I won't list all of them as there are so many but you definitely need to check them out their drinks are amazing. 

Favourite Christmas movie?
This was a difficult question as there are so many great Christmas classics but the one that came to my mind first was Love Actually. This is just a classic and I will watch it every year, multiple times and it will never get boring. It's just a festive, feel good comedy classic. 

Favourite Christmas song?
This was another hard question for me as I love listening to Christmas songs. I've had a Christmas cd playing in the car since November. I always try and hold off until December but it never works. I think my favourite is Merry Christmas Everyone by Shakin Stevensbut there are so many other classics such as I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday and Do They Know It's Christmas?

Favourite Christmas food?
This is easy for me, although I eat chocolate all year round I will eat the most at Christmas but you never feel guilty for eating it at Christmas. There are so many great selection boxes such as Quality Street, Roses, Celebrations or Heroes - just a few of my favourites. I don't like dried fruits so I'm not one for mince pies, Christmas cake or Christmas pudding so I would quite happily make up for those in chocolate. 

Whats at the top of your Christmas list?
This is a question that people have been asking me for a while now and the honest answer is I don't know. I love buying presents for other people. I brought most of them on Black Friday and went a little crazy but I find it difficult to think of things for myself. I guess it would have to be something like a perfume or the Naked 3 pallet but I'm not fussy and I do love a surprise. 

What are your plans for the holidays this year?
Every year I'm very family and friends orientated and I will be spending Christmas day with my Mum and her family and then after Christmas I will spend some time with my Dad. Before Christmas me and my family tend to have a big meet up almost like a pre-Christmas. I will also hopefully visit my friends when they're back from uni and we can have a little reunion. 

I hope that you enjoyed this chatty blog post and let me know in the comments what your answers might be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...