Wednesday 5 November 2014

Soap And Glory Goodies


I have been so excited to write this blog post for you all, writing review posts on new make-up that I'm trying out is my favourite thing to blog about only because I simply enjoy using make-up. I purchased these about a month ago and before writing blog posts I like to try the products out first so it's a bit more useful then me just saying "this looks really nice, I can't wait to use it". These items were the first make-up items that I have purchased from Soap and Glory, I don't know why it has taken me so long to try their make-up products. It may be because the only way I can think to describe them is a high end high street brand. They are a high street brand yet they are more pricy then other high street brands that are the regulars in Boots and Superdrug. I think when you're starting out with make-up it's good to go for more affordable brands so you can afford to purchase more products so you can work out what does and doesn't work. Although seeing as I've been wearing make-up for a few years now I have an idea in my head of what sort of make-up I like and I seem to be upping my budget and trying more expensive products to see if the quality is so much better that it is worth saving for. Sorry I've realised that I've rambled on a bit now but to sum up this blog post - I have loved using these new make-up items.




My favourite product out of the trio has to be the Solar Powder. I have wanted to try this for so, so long and I absolutely love it. It is really pigmented and it looks very natural on the skin. It blends really nicely leaving your skin looking sun kissed and not fake and orange. It has a really pretty iridescent highlighter on top with two different bronzing shades. This leaves you with the option for contouring but what I like to do is get a bit of a swirl going and mixing the two and using the highlighter on top to contour with. I think that this may be my new favourite bronzer - crazy I know. It is priced at £11.00 so more pricy then other high street bronzers but I would say that it's definitely worth it and I would definitely re-purchase it when it runs out.




The second item I picked up was a blusher/highlighter in Love At First Blush - such a cute name. Again this product is also a really good quality, very pigmented. It comes with four different blush shades which you could use individually but again I like to mix them together. It also comes with a white highlighter which is also very pretty. The shades are more of a cool than warmer shade so perfect for this time of year, if you prefer warmer tones then I would recommend Peach Party instead.  This is also priced at £11.00 and I would defiantly re-purchase this again.




The last product that I picked up was an eyeshadow palette in the shade What's Nude and seeing as it was 3 for 2 well it would be rude not to. This would be the perfect eyeshadow palette for a person who loves wearing neutral and brown shades or if you're starting out with make-up and want a subtle/natural look to start off with. There are another two to chose from and I've got my eye on Smokey Dokey. One of my favourite things about this product is something thats written on the back of the product. It says "we chose not to include a cheap spongy shadow brush, because not only would it drive the price of the palette up, we thought you'd rather opt for a proper one". Now you know you have a good product when it says that. I can't stand the little cheap spongy brushes you get with eyeshadows. I always throw them out as they break, they're difficult to apply make-up with, you can't blend with them and they don't pick up much of the product. Sorry rant over. Again sorry to repeat my self but this is another really pigmented product. I love the formula of these eye shadows, they're really creamy and blend together really nicely. You have three matte shades and one shimmer shade. My favourite two would be Pink T (top right) and Aubersheen (bottom right). This product is priced at £10.00 and I would 100% re-purchase this product also.

I have loved all of these purchases, what a good buy that was and now my bank account will probably suffer as I will want to continue trying more of their products, I just love this brand so much. I think my next purchase may be a Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Stick, or two. Let me know in the comments if you've tried any of these products or have any good recommendations of new products to try. Thank you for reading my lovelies I hope you enjoyed reading this post, I loved writing it.

6 comments:

  1. The Solar Powder looks beautiful. Really want to try it now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so pretty I love it so much it's definitely worth the price :)

      Delete
  2. Great post. I love the What's Nude palette and Solar Powder too!

    vanessaswhimsicalworld.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love soap and glory make up products! I absolutely love their translucent powder! Best I have ever tried!

    www.justanotherstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for saying I haven't tried that yet. Powder wise I always stick to the Rimmel Stay Matte powder but it might be time for me to branch out. Thank you for the comment :) I just looked at your blog and I love it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...