Friday 17 October 2014

My Simple Skin Care Routine





Today's post is a little different, still beauty related but focussing on skin care as supposed to make-up. I don't know much information about skin care but what I do know is that I should probably take better care of mine. What I do know is that I have very sensitive skin which is something I'm conscious of. My skin is a bit of a problem skin in that fact it's oily, blemished, spotty and I suffer from dark circles no matter how much sleep I get. So when it comes to skin care I'm not very adventurous and I tend to mainly stick to Simple as I know that it's designed for sensitive skin and it has been a product that I have been using for years now. There are certain steps you can take to improve the condition of your skin such as drinking more water, consuming a healthy diet and not wearing makeup. The first two I feel I do well and if I'm not going out I won't wear make-up. If I am going out I will still wear make-up as I'm conscious of my blemished skin although it will only get better if I don't wear make-up, it's one of those spiral scenarios. 

In the mornings regardless of if I'm wearing make-up or not I will always wash my face with a flannel to remove any oil, dirt or impurities and just to be hygienic to be honest. I will then apply the Simple Kind To Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser to prevent my skin from drying. I also like the Heavy version but I prefer the light as it absorbs into my skin quicker. You can get this moisturiser with SPF 15 in it although just to warn you I couldn't wear it as it irritated my eyes leaving my eyes red and watery - not the best look. Obviously it is important to wear sun factor if in the sun but I just wouldn't recommend that particular one. I then apply the Soap and Glory Puffy Eye Attack Hydragel that was featured in a previous blog post. My eyes always look tired no matter how much sleep I get and I honestly feel as if this makes a difference by reducing puffiness. It's also meant to reduce dark circles but to be honest with you I'm not sure that it does although I'd recommend it to reduce eye puffiness. I would then go on to apply make-up but if I wasn't that day then that would be me done for the morning. 

In the evening if I've worn make-up I first would use a Simple Cleansing Facial Wipe to remove the make-up. I love these as they feel soft so you're not pulling at your skin and the make-up including waterproof make-up comes off really easily. 

Even if I haven't worn make-up I will still carry out the next step. I then use the Simple Purifying Cleansing Lotion to open up my pores and remove any make-up left inside my pores. This amazed me when I first used this as you think you've removed all the make-up yet there will still be more inside your pores which sounds disgusting to be honest. I remove the lotion using cotton wool until the cotton wool is clear. I then go on to use the Soothing Facial Toner which I think is meant to close your pores after removing the make-up. I simply wipe this all over my face using cotton wool again. Once applied I will lightly dab my face with a tissue to remove any excess moisture. To finish I then apply some more of the Simple moisturiser and finally the Soap and Glory hydra gel. 



Once a week it is important to exfoliate your face and my two favourites are from The Body Shop, I feel that their products are also good for people with sensitive skin as they seem very natural. As my friends and family know I have loved The Body Shop for many years now.

I mainly use the Vitamin E Cream Exfoliator. I just think it feels creamy and smooth and it leaves my skin feeling so smooth afterwards. I would recommend this one to anybody and it claims to be suitable for all skin types. The other one that I tend to use is the Tea Tree Squeaky-Clean Scrub. I would recommend this one if you are prone to spots as it's meant to be good at reducing spots so I tend to use this if I'm spotty or experiencing a bad complexion. The only criticism I have for this one is that I don't use it to often as I find it leaves me with dry skin when I do so I have the whole lot then: dry skin, oily, blemished, spotty and with dark circles. So I wouldn't recommend this to people who experience dry skin. I do love the Tea Tree Range though, it leaves my skin feeling fresh and rejuvenated after I've used it. To exfoliate my skin I simply rub the exfoliator onto my skin avoiding my eyes. I then wash it off using a flannel. I would do this after using a face wipe and then I would finish off with my usual evening skin care routine starting with the cleansing lotion.

So there you have it my skin care routine. I hope this helps for people who are unsure what to do for their skin care or feel they need a change from the products that they're using. Let me know in the comments what products you enjoy using or would recommend. I've also tried the Liz Earle Skin Care products which I would also recommend.

4 comments:

  1. I'm currently using the Nivea Daily Essentials Sensitive Day cream and Night cream and they seem to be doing a great job. If you ever feel like a change from the Simple moisturiser I recommend that you try them out. xx

    Alisha-jade.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I'll definitely have a look at those.
      :) xx

      Delete
  2. I love Simple. I've used them for years and won't stray! You should try the Simple Illuminating Cream though. It's seriously good stuff and gives your skin such as amazing glow!
    Like your blog too :)
    Xx

    thelensaffairs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried that before but I'll defiantly have a look for that it sounds really good.
      Thank you so much for the follow I love your blog too!
      xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...