Friday 15 May 2015

Naked 3









Good afternoon my lovelies and a happy Friday to you all. I have a special blog post for you all today you're in for a treat I think it's gonna be a gooden. I have been saving this blog post for a while for when I had the time to put a lot of effort into it as I believe a product like this one deserves the time and appreciation. I adore Urban Decay. It is a high end make-up brand so more pricy then your usual high street brands but oh boy is it worth the extra money. For starters can we all just take a minute to appreciate the beautiful packaging of the Naked 3 palette, I mean come on it's summer so who doesn't love a bit of rose gold? I love neutral make-up so the Naked collection from Urban Decay is ideal for me. There are three large eye shadow palettes from the Naked range all featuring 12 shades. Naked is composed of neutral warm tonne shades, Naked 2 is composed of cool tonne neutral shades and Naked 3 my favourite of the bunch has 12 rose gold neutral shades combining a range of pinks and browns. I was lucky enough to receive the Naked 3 palette as a gift at Christmas and I am still in love with it. I love it so much I don't wear it on a day to day basis for work as I feel the shades are too special for that so I save it for weekends or if I'm going out or doing something that day. Does anyone else do that when you have an item/product you particularly love you don't use/wear it as you don't want to ruin it or waste it or is it just me? Urban Decay have also brought out the Naked Basics and Naked 2 Basics palettes which are mini versions of the larger palettes and are composed of 6 shades. You can check out my post on the Naked 2 Basics palette by clicking here. The fact that there isn't a Naked 3 Basics only suggests to me that there will be one soon, well I like to hope so anyway.

The Naked 3 palette is composed of matte, shimmer and metallic shades ranging in tone. It also comes with a duel ended eyeshadow brush fitting in with the gorgeous rose gold packaging. One end is used for applying the eyeshadow and the other end for blending the eyeshadow when contouring. The good think about Urban Decay is that they actually bother to provide a proper brush and not one of these pathetic sponges that you often get in high street products and to be honest they might as well not bother as I only throw them away and use my own, I just can't deal with the sponges they don't 'pick up' the eyeshadow and they are frankly useless to blend with. So my advice kids is ditch the sponge brushes and invest in some proper eyeshadow brushes they will last a lot longer and provide a better result.

Also within this box of dreams are four samples of Urban Decay eye shadow primers. Primers are designed to smooth pores and allow make-up to last for longer. I personally don't bother with eyeshadow primer on a day to day basis but if I was going out in the evening then I would to help stop my eyeshadow smudging, disappearing or creasing.

Original - The classic primer which is invisible

Sin - Adds a shimmering champagne shade, perfect for a night out

Eden - A nude matte shade

Anti-aging - Claims to reduce wrinkles after usage for 8 weeks

Like I mentioned previously I love the rose gold packaging of the Naked 3 palette. I also love the design and the metal palette makes it appear like a paint palette which fills me with excitement. It takes me back to painting in primary school when you would use the water colours in the long palettes. It feels firm in the metal packaging and not flimsy it really annoys me when products are in cardboard it is just a no, no in my eyes. The cardboard only breaks and looks tatty leaving you with bits of product lying around. It also comes with a large mirror which makes it a really useful handbag essential or if you're away and lacking a mirror. You won't be able to miss much with the size of this mirror. Another think which I love about Urban Decay is the fact they name their shadows. I don't know why this matters so much to me but I just think it's the personal touch that counts. But say if you ran out of one shade it's useful knowing the name as you might be able to re-purchase it as a single shade.

Strange - A matte ivory highlighter that you can use in the inner corner of the eye or to highlight the brow bone. I always think a highlighting shade is essential in every palette.

Dust - A metallic baby doll pink shade

Burnout - A warmer tone version of Dust with less shimmer a more wearable everyday baby pink shade.

Limit - A pale matte rose gold shade, this would be perfect as a base all over the lid.

Buzz - Another metallic pink shade although with a warmer tone to Dust, this would look gorgeous for an evening spring make-up look.

Trick - A metallic gold, the only pure gold in the palette which is an essential for me. Although I think of this palette mainly for the Spring/Summer, this would look gorgeous in the Autumn with a dark berry lip, perfect for Bonfire night. This has to be one of my favourites.

Nooner - The final matte shade in the palette, this is another rose gold shade which is the same tone to the outer packaging. It is very wearable and could be used with any shade in the palette.

Liar - Bold statement coming kids but this has to be my favourite shade in the palette, whoa there. It is a gorgeous pink champagne metallic shade which is the true definition of a rose gold eye shadow in my eyes. It could be used day time or evening and still look gorgeous.

Factory - Another firm favourite of mine, this is the only pure brown in the palette so an essential in my eyes. I would describe it best as a shimmery chocolate brown that would be perfect for contouring with in the outer corner of the eye. You could adapt this for any look whether you went with more golden brown eye make-up or a more pinky look it would easily blend with both.

Mugshot - Another favourite for me, this is a gorgeous metallic oyster champagne again similar to Factory it would blend nicely with browns or pinks so very wearable and an essential in this palette. I could think of so many gorgeous combinations you could create using this one. It is so pretty it would also look pretty just applied all over the lid on it's own.

Darkside - I find this shade really hard to describe, it's a dark grey with many undertones including purple and brown. This would be perfect to use for a smokey eye by applying this to the outer corner of the eye and blending it out. You can also use it as an eyeliner.

Blackheart -  It pains me to say this but this is the last shadow in the palette but it's a gooden. It is a gorgeous dark purple with golden shimmer. I probably wouldn't use this during the day but this would look gorgeous for an evening eye make-up look and you could blend it with Trick, Factory or Dark side to emphasise the gold shimmer. Again similar to Darkside it would look good as an eyeliner to define the eye if you wanted a heavier eye make-up look.

I hope you enjoyed reading this post my lovelies, if like me you are a fan of rose gold shades then I would 100% recommend this palette I wouldn't be without it. Having green eyes myself I find rose gold pinks compliment my eyes as they contrast the green which makes my eyes stand out more. But to be honest with you these shades are so gorgeous they would suit every eye colour. My favourite shades would have to be: Trick, Liar, Factory and Mugshot.

Let me know in the comments if you have tried this palette and what you thought of it. I would also love to know which are your favourite products from Urban Decay, enjoy your weekend my lovelies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...