Monday 22 December 2014

Blogmas Day 22 - Red Festive Make-Up


Good evening my lovelies - the Christmas countdown is currently at only 3 days now. I have a little make-up post for you all today. When I think of Christmas I think of quite a few festive colours such as red, gold, silver, white and purple. When it comes to make-up at Christmas and especially this year I love wearing red make-up wether it's a bit of red lippy or red nail varnish so I thought I would share with you a few of my faves. I wouldn't wear these all together as you might look a bit scary but if you wanted to pick up one product for Christmas, here are a few ideas.

Candle - Colony Noel 
This has been the first year that I have been obsessed with candles and I am currently using this one. To me this smells like Christmas in a candle. It is a mixture of fresh Christmas trees and slightly spicy, it just has a very warm feeling to it. This will look amazing lit on Christmas Day.

Nail Varnish - Barry M (Magnetic Red, Chilli and Blood Orange)
I love wearing red nail varnish I could quite happily wear it all year round. If you read my blog posts regularly then you will know how much I love Barry M. They do an amazing range of colours which are also very affordable. They are really glossy and will last a long time before chipping. If you wanted to add that something extra for Christmas day then you could add some glitter - I personally think that a bit of silver or gold glitter would look amazing.

Blusher - Lace by Sleek
I usually think of these blushes to be more for the spring or summer but there are two redder shades in the trio that would give you a naturally warm glow for the festive season. Sleek blushers are really pigmented so it would take you years to work your way through one so you will get your moneys worth. I think that redder blushers are great for winter as they give your cheeks that natural glow that you get when you have been outside in the cold and then go into the warmth.

Eyeshadow - Metallic Pomegranate by Maybelline
When I think of red make-up eyeshadow isn't something that comes to mind in fact I own no red eyeshadows. The closest eye shadow to red is a cream eyeshadow which I featured in my recent post on my everyday winter make-up routine on Blogmas Day 20. I have been converted to cream eyeshadows after using these Maybelline beauties. You can apply a small amount with your finger and blend it out with a fluffy brush. You can either leave it at that or apply powder eyeshadows on top to contour with. I love this very shade especially as I have green eyes so pinks and purples are good for people with green eyes as the colours clash which makes your eyes stand out more.

Lipstick
107, 110 and 111 by Rimmel Kate Moss 
Wild Watermelon and Unapologetic by Revlon 
Hot Date by The Body Shop 
Red Sunrise by Bourjois

I love wearing red lipstick during the festive season and I will be wearing it on Christmas day. I have shown a range of shades as different shades will suit different people. All of these lipsticks are of an amazing quality. The balms and lip butter are a more buttery and sheer consistency and easier to wear if you haven't worn it before of you're a bit nervous. By using these you can layer it up to give you the colour that you're after. The Kate Moss lipsticks are matte although they still are moisturising and you could apply a red or clear lip gloss on top if you wanted to.

I hope you enjoyed this festive make-up blog post my lovelies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...