Tuesday 9 December 2014

Blogmas Day 9 - Top 5 Winter Lipsticks

L- R: Kiss Of Life, Whimsical, Stellar Pink, Rio Rush, Hot Date
Hello my lovelies, it's Blogmas Day 9. For today's post I will be blogging about one of my favourite topics, lipstick. Along with nail polish, lip products are my favourite things to buy. So for you lipstick lovers out there a little winter treat for you all today.

Kiss Of Life


Red lipstick is a classic for this time of year and my favourite one is the Kiss Of Life from the Kate Moss collection for Rimmel. It's a matte lipstick but you could add lipgloss if you wanted a shine. Although it's matte it is still very moisturising. It's just that classic red thats perfect for the party season of which I think everybody should own. Out of all of the lipsticks on todays post it lasts the longest as it was the hardest to wipe off after swatting it. I also love the taste of it, it reminds me of cherry which I really like although I could imagine some people not liking. I might do a separate blog post on these Kate Moss lipsticks as I have a growing collection and I would highly recommend them. The matte lipsticks are priced at £5.49. 
Whimsical
The first Revlon lipstick that I'm featuring is one from the new lacquer range. I brought this one for summer and it was a 3 for 2 and I got this one for free. I didn't think that I would like it as it has glitter in and I'm not one for glitter normally but I love it! It's a really pretty berry shade that appears more red on the lips. I think it's perfect for the party season as it is a beautiful colour with an amazing shine. It doesn't look over glittery, I find the glitter just adds a natural shine. I would highly recommend the new lacquer and matte crayons from Revlon they are amazing. They have a great range of colours and I have quite a collection now. These can be purchased for £7.99. 

Stellar Pink

Oh what a surprise, this little beauty is on my blog again. It's the Maybelline Stellar Pink lipstick. It is a gorgeous rosy pink nude lipstick that is perfect for a winter look. I love the natural shine it gives your lips with the pearly finish. I love red and berry lips for this time of year but for an everyday look I love rosy pink lips. I have pretty much worn this lipstick everyday throughout November and December. These lipsticks are priced at £7.19 and I believe that they have increased in price. 
Rio Rush

This lipstick was also featured on my previous blog post and it's another one form Revlon. It's one of their moisture stain lipsticks in the shade Rio Rush. I know the picture doesn't show it I spent ages trying to get the true shade to show up but it's actually more of a berry pink and less of a reddy pink. It's a liquid lipstick that is really easy to use. You can build up the coverage depending on the look that you're after. They last a really long time and have a really nice shine to your lips. This would be perfect for nights out as it's a nice party colour. These are priced at £7.99 and definitely something to check out. 
Hot Date

The last lipstick in my winter favourites is one form The Body Shop in the shade Hot Date. I love the quality of The Body Shop lipsticks, they are really creamy and last a long time and have a gorgeous natural shine. It is a really pretty plum shade that appears more redder on the lips. I think I purchased this nearly a year ago to wear for my 18th. I need to check out more colours from the range as they are an amazing quality and similar to that of high end lipsticks. These are priced at £10 but they are 100% worth the price. 
L - R; Kiss Of Life, Whimsical, Stellar Pink, Rio Rush, Hot Date
Thank you for reading my lovelies, let me know in the comments what your favourite winter lipsticks are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...