Monday 8 December 2014

Blogmas Day 8 - What's In My Travel Make-up Bag



Welcome to Blogmas Day 8, I can't believe how quickly December is going. I love the build up to Christmas but it always goes so quickly and before you know it it's Boxing Day and then it will be 2015. Recently I have been doing a lot of traveling as many people do this time of year visiting family and friends and doing lots of Christmas shopping. So I thought I would do a current 'Whats in my travel make-up bag post' as this make-up bag is being used every week at the moment. I've had this make-up bag for a few years now and I think that it originally came from Boots. To be honest with you I have quite a few make-up bags lying around that I have collected over the years but I use this one for travelling just because it's a nice good size to fit loads in.


When I go away I usually have 5 make-up brushes in my bag. I have my powder Real Techniques brush which is really good for applying powder as you can get a nice good swirl going. The other brushes that I take with me are a few of my brushes from my Body Shop collection. I have my bronzing, blusher, eyeshadow and eyebrow brushes. I would highly recommend The Body Shop and Real Techniques brushes as they are a really good quality. They are super soft and the hairs don't come out so you won't get hairs stuck to your foundation. They are also really affordable and I would only buy my brushes from these two brands. Theres that classic saying 'if it isn't broke, don't fix it'.


The primer that I am currently using is the Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser, no surprises there then. I have talked about this loads on my blog before but it's just a really good primer. It's cheap and it does the job. I have used this primer on a daily basis for months now and I don't think I will ever get bored of it. Another good primer that I love and would recommend in the Benefit That Gal face primer but mine unfortunately is about to run out so I wouldn't take it with me. Another good thing about the Maybelline primer is that it will last you a heck of a long time.


The foundation that I am taking in my make-up bag and using at home is the Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse, again no surprises. I have done a review on this foundation previously that you can read by clicking here. This is perfect for my oily skin as it stops me looking as if I've been running all day and it just evens out my skin making it look a lot softer. I have used this foundation for years and I will continue to forever unless they discontinue it. I have no idea what I would do if they did that, probably have a breakdown. It's a really good size to fit into your make-up bag as it's compact, highly, highly, highly recommend this foundation.


Concealer wise I am taking the Collection Lasting perfection concealer with me. It's pretty much the only concealer I use just because it's the best concealer ever. I also use the Benefit boo-ing concealers but they are in a pallet which is awkward to take in my make-up bag as it's quite bulky. This concealer is perfect for covering up dark circles of which I'm prone to. It's creamy and really easy to blend. What more could you want in a concealer?


Powder wise, this is a cult classic it's the Rimmel Stay Matte powder which is favourite amongst the beauty bloggers. This powder is amazing it blends nicely into your skin without leaving you looking cakey. They have a wide range of shades to chose from, I think I own three that vary in shade depending on my skin tone for that time of year. Although I use a matte foundation I am super paranoid about my oily skin and with this powder I just feel secure that I will make it through the day without looking sweaty.


I discovered this earlier this year and I have fallen in love with it ever since. I have always resisted using the Bourjois bronzing powder just because I didn't want to smear something that smells of chocolate all over my face. Although I love trying new products and when I saw that this duo came out I picked it up and I have pretty much used it every day ever since. It is half bronzer and half highlighter and really good for contouring. It's good to take in your make-up bag as it saves room as you don't need to take a highlighter separately. Yes it does smell of chocolate and I have actually grown to like the smell and it's not something that I'm bothered with when wearing it. Since using this product I am finding more and more Bourjois products that I love using at the moment.


If you read my previous blog post you will know that I am a little bit obsessed with the Sleek blushers. The one that I am currently using is the shade Pomegranate. It is a dark berry shade that is perfect for winter as it gives your cheeks a natural glow as if you've been in the cold and come into the warmth to give you a healthy glow.


I mentioned this eyeshadow in my Blogmas Day 1 post. It is a single eyeshadow from Maybelline in Iced Fudge. I'm not usually one for single eyeshadows I prefer pallets so that I can do contouring. Although I rediscovered this and I have been using it most days recently for months. The good thing about using a single shadow is that it's a lot quicker. The good thing about this one is that it has a natural shimmer and so when you apply it to your eyes it looks like you have contoured. It's a really pretty nudey brown that just make your eyes stand out and look very pretty. The good thing about it is that it's small and compact so easy to fit into your make-up bag.


Mascara wise I have been using this Barry M one recently, it's the new Showgirl Extra Volume Mascara. I have lost count of how many times I have mentioned this on my blog but if you wanted to read a review of it from when I first brought it you can click here. This is just a really good all rounder as it increases your lashes, adds volume and definition. It's a really good size so you will get your moneys worth. I also love the packaging of it, I love rose gold. You can build it up depending on your look for example if it's an everyday or evening look.

Rio Rush and Stellar Pink
I usually take two lipsticks with me in my make-up bag. On the left is Rio Rush by Revlon which is a bright fuchsia, it's more of a berry colour then bright pink in reality but I found that difficult to demonstrate in the photo. I don't always know my plans when I go away so if I decide to go out then I will use this as an evening lipstick as I think it's great for parties this time of year. The moisture stains came out this year and I instantly fell in love with them. They have an amazing shine and last for a long time. You can also build the colour up depending on how much you want. They are also really easy to use. I also wanted the colour Cannes Crush but I haven't got hold of it yet. The other lipstick is one that has also been featured many times on my blog, its the Maybelline Stellar Pink lipstick. It's a really pretty rosy pink nude colour that is really nice for a subtle cold winters day look. I love the natural shine it gives to your lips with the pearly finish I think it's perfect for this time of year. I prefer darker berry lips in Autumn but for winter I think a rosy pink is perfect.

Thank you for reading my lovelies, let me know in the comments what products you will be taking in your travel make-up bag over Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...