Saturday 13 December 2014

Blogmas Day 13 - Top 5 Winter Perfumes

L - R: French Connection, Dot, Nina, Love ETC, Define 
Hello my lovelies and welcome to Blogmas Day 13, we're now officially over half way to Christmas! I thought I would write a post today on my favourite perfumes for the festive season. Over Winter I tend to go for more musky perfumes where as in the spring/summer I go for lighter and more floral scents. Perfumes make great gifts so it might also give you some inspiration for some Christmas gifts.

French Connection
This isn't really a perfume it's more of a body spray but is there really a difference? This came in a gift set that one of my friends got me for my birthday last year and it came with some nice bath and body products. I love the scent of this to me it smells of vanilla and kind of woody. I don't think that you can buy it individually and I don't think it has a name. Although French Connection do some really nice gift sets that you could check out that would make really nice Christmas presents. Sorry that wasn't much help I'm afraid.

Dot by Marc Jacobs
This was the first perfume that I got from Marc Jacobs and first of all can we just take a minute to appreciate how cute the packaging is. Actually all of the packaging for Marc Jacobs perfumes is just too cute. I am rubbish at describing scents so this probably wasn't the best blog post for me to write today but I personally love perfumes I love it as a gift so I wanted to share some of my winter favourites. Bare with me, but to me this smells musky and fresh at the same time. It doesn't smell floral or spicy though. I would say it smells fruity though it reminds me of berries. This is one of my all time favourites and I would highly recommend it.

Nina by Nina Ricci
This is my all time favourite perfume - there I've said it. I have always lord this perfume, the packaging and the scent - just everything. The packaging is adorable it's so small and dinky, and I love the red bottle. It has a really feminine scent, it doesn't smell of apples despite the shape of the bottle. It's very fresh, light and slightly floral but I just can't express how much I love this perfume. I always save it for special occasions such as birthdays and Christmas. As soon as I get near to finishing the bottle it will be going straight onto my Christmas list. I think I first got this for Christmas many years ago and I have loved it ever since.

Love ETC by The Body Shop
Now I'm afraid that this perfume has been discontinued which saddens me deeply. I remember the craze when this first came out. This is a powerful strong scent that is musky and floral. I think that it is great for the part season although I wouldn't wear it on an everyday basis as it is quite strong it might be a bit too over powering. I wasn't a massive fan of this one when it first came out but over the years I have grown to end up loving it.

Define by Next
This is another winter classic for me. I remember one year when I worse this everyday for months. What I love about this perfume is that it is more wearable then some of the others as it isn't too overpowering so for me it is more of an everyday perfume. Although the packaging is slightly different, Next still stock this which is dead exciting as it was about four years ago when I first discovered this. Again I would describe this one as musky and floral. I know that I've pretty much described them all the same but I did warn you that I am rubbish at describing scents. I like the packaging of this one it's really sleek. This more affordable compared to some of the others if you want a nice fit but you're conscious of your budget. This is a classic for me and I will always bring it out for the winter.

I hope that you enjoyed this post and can I just say I am sorry for how rubbish I am at describing scents - bad blogger. Let me know in the comments what your favourite winter perfumes are. Thank you for reading my lovelies.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...