Tuesday 16 December 2014

Blogmas Day 16 - Hair Care Treatment Products


Hello my lovelies, less than 10 days till Christmas now. Today we have a post on hair care. I think people including myself usually think of the Summer as when your hair will be most damaged from the heat. Although I think winter is often forgotten about as a bad month for hair with the cold weather and the extra styling for Christmas parties and get togethers. Now I am totally aware that my hair isn't in the best quality or condition right now. I won't lie but years of straightening my hair and trying to grow it at the same time has affected my hair - especially the ends. I have then developed an issue with hairdressers as my previous hairdressers either took too much off my ends or didn't do anything so I haven't had my hair cut for about two years now. This isn't great advice as your hair will be a lot healthier if you get it cut on a regular basis but seeing as I'm trying to grow mine that hasn't been the case for me. This means I am always seeking new products to help save my hair and I thought I would share a few tips and tricks that I have discovered over the years with you all.

Whenever I buy new shampoo I always pick ones up that will say something like 'full restore', 'moisture restore' or 'for dry and damaged hair'. Recently I discovered the Garnier Ultimate Blends Sleek Restorer, which has honestly helped save and restore my hair. I had previously read blog posts on the Serum where bloggers have been claiming that it's amazing. I apply the serum to wet and dry hair and it basically acts as a heat protector as well as reducing frizz and split ends. I also find that it makes my hair look a lot healthier by making it appear smoother and more sleek. So after being pleasantly surprised by the serum I thought why not just try the shampoo and conditioner as well. Since using these products the only way that I can think to describe my hair is healthier. The texture of my hair feels different. It feels less brittle and rough, and it now feels softer and smoother. I also love the smell of the products which smell of coconut - not a sweet coconut but more of a nutty coconut if you know what I mean. I never used to be a fan of the smell of coconut but recently it has just grown on me and I'm quite a big fan of it now. I don't know why but I have never used Garnier products before. For some reason I had it in my head that they were only for coloured or dyed hair but I have been chuffed to bits after discovering these little beauties.

After washing my hair and applying the Garnier serum, I will then apply the Tresemme Platinum Strength hair serum. You may have read from previous blog posts how much I have loved the platinum strength brand and I have lost counts of how many bottles I have got through of the shampoo and conditioner. I always tend to mix my shampoo up after a while as after a while if your hair gets used to the shampoo it doesn't clean as well. I don't know if that's true but I have noticed from my own hair that it does so I'm assuming that it is true. That's another reason for me discovering the Garnier shampoo but when my hair needs a change I will probably go back to the Platinum Strength one. I will still continue to use the serum annually though as I have noticed that when I stop using this serum my hair tends to go brittle and damaged again. I love this product as it's creamy so I feel as if I'm restoring moisture and nourishment to my hair again. A bottle will last you a long time so you also defiantly get your moneys worth out of this one. Thinking about it, Tresemme do a lot of products that I have loved using previously, other good ones to check out are there blue and green ones. I think the blue one restores or maintains moisture and the green one is to help reduce split ends.

I naturally have wavy hair and it was only this Autumn that I have started to embrace my natural waves as previously I would pretty much straighten my hair everyday. Although I'm applying less heat to my hair it's still important to protect it so before applying heat I will spray my hair generously with the John Frieda Frizz Ease Heat Defeat spray. Even if you don't style your hair often it's so important to try and protect it as much as possible. I'll be honest with you here that I don't know if this is the best heat defence spray out there but I've noticed my hair will look more damaged after using other heat defence sprays so I have no complaints with this one, it seems to do the job and as long as it's doing something useful then it's fine by me.

Finally, the last hair care product that I couldn't live without would be the Schwarzkopf Gliss Hair Repair Shine Tonic spray. You apply this product to dry hair once you've finished styling it and I use it as an alternative to hair spray. This has two uses: one - it is meant to help repair damaged hair which is always a plus for me and two - it adds shine to your hair to make it look healthier. I will also use this on days that I don't have time to wash my hair or if it's looking dull as I find it just adds a bit of shine to it to make it appear fresher and cleaner. You leave this spray in and you don't need to wash or brush it out. I just prefer this to hairspray as you might as well treat your hair and do something useful for it rather then just holding it in place.

I hope you enjoyed this post my lovelies and let me know in the comments which hair care products you couldn't live without.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...