Saturday 20 December 2014

Blogmas Day 20 - My Everyday Winter Make-up Routine 2014


Good Morning my lovelies - only 5 days to go now! So I was looking at my blog the other day and I noticed that my most popular post was My Everyday Autumn Make-up routine which you can read by clicking here. So seeing as it's winter i thought that it would be fitting to write another one for you. A few of the products will be the same but if you've read my previous blog posts you know that if I find a good product I will just stick to it. Today all of my Mum's family are coming round to have a pre-Christmas get together that we call present swap where we exchange presents before Christmas. We do this every year and I love it as it's so nice to see everyone all my aunties, uncles, cousins and grandparents and just have a nice catch-up. The make-up look that I have described for you all today is what I'm wearing most days and now currently today. I hope you all enjoy!

After moisturising the first step is to use primer. I'm using my classic Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Face Primer. Now you all know that I'm a high street girl myself and if I can find an amazing product that's affordable then why splash out the cash all the time for more expensive products. Granted if I'm going out then I will use more expensive products as they do have that something extra in the quality but for just an everyday look then I will stick to mainly highstreet products. This primer just makes my skin feel really smooth and soft and it reduces the appearance of pores. What more could you ask for in a primer? This primer has a slightly oily texture and I think that it's good for my skin type as I have oily skin and they say you can counteract the oil by applying oil to oil if that makes sense. After using this product my make-up will last longer and my skin doesn't appear oily.

The next stage is foundation and another product that's the same is my Maybelline Dream Matte Mouse foundation. I don't think I will ever get bored of this foundation. I won't go on and on about it so you can read a full blog post on it by clicking here. To sum it up this is the perfect foundation for me as I'm yet to find a liquid foundation that doesn't make me look sweaty in seconds. This foundation will last a long time and it will make-up my skin appear smoother and more balanced. I can highly recommend this foundation if you have oily skin.

I will then go over any spots/blemishes and my dark circles using my Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. Unfortunately I am prone to dark circles but this concealer is honestly amazing for my circles. I just apply a small amount under my eye and blend it in using my ring finger. It reduces the darkness and it just brightens my eyes making them appear more awake. It is also really good for reducing the appearance of spots but I personally think that it's best for reducing dark circles.

I will then set my make-up using the Rimmel Stay Matte powder. This is a big favourite amongst the beauty bloggers and I think that it will be something that is raved about for many more years. They have a huge range of shades to suit many skin tonnes. I just apply the powder over my make-up using my Real Techniques powder brush and it just sets my make-up in place so I don't need to worry about touch-ups throughout the day. if anyone would ask me to recommend them a good yet affordable face powder then I would 100% say this one.

I will then start bronzing my face and recently I have loved using my Bourjois Bronzing and Highlighting powder to contour with. Yes it looks like chocolate and yes it smells like chocolate both of which don't really bother me, I love it just because I think that the actual product is really good. I bronze my face using my Body Shop bronzing brush and I just think that this bronzer looks very natural on your skin and it just adds some warmth and shape to my face. It's a matte bronzer which is another plus for me and I think that, that is why it's perfect for a natural everyday look.

Moving onto blusher I love using my Sleek blusher in Pomegranate during the winter. The Sleek blushers are so pigmented and yet very affordable. They have a huge range of colours so you should definitely check them out. Pomegranate is a gorgeous dark berry shade that I think is perfect for winter as it gives your cheeks a natural glowing look as if you've been outside in the cold and just walked into the warm. You can build it up depending on the look you're after but I usually use a small amount for the day time. I apply the blusher to the apples of my cheeks but I don't draw it out to my cheek bones as I feel that I have a round face so by only applying the blusher to your cheeks it will help to make your cheeks appear smaller.

I will then go back to my Bourjois bronzing and highlighter powder to highlight my face. It is a really pretty cool tonne highlighter that has some shimmer in it. I apply the highlighter above my cheek bones, the middle of my forehead, under my eyebrow bone (not sure what that's actually called) and down the bridge of my nose. You basically apply the highlighter to the areas of your face that would naturally catch the light.

Now that I have finished applying powder to my face I will use my eyebrow brush and brush out any powder in my eyebrows to make them stand out more. I naturally have dark eyebrows that are quite filled in so shock horror I don't actually fill in my brows as I just think that if I did they look too harsh and in your face. The brush also helps to shape my eyebrows.

In November I discovered cream eyeshadows and I have fallen in love with them ever since. I don't know why but I just thought that they wouldn't sit well on my oily skin but I just love how quick and easy they are to use. They aren't slimy and they're more of a powder texture then I was expecting. After my discovery next year I might pluck up the courage to try cream blushers but I'm still a bit nervous although I've swatched the Benefit Majorette blusher which is just gorgeous so I definitely have my eye on that for the spring. For winter I have been wearing more berry shades on my eyes as I naturally have green eyes so purples/plums/pinks are meant to contrast from the green and make your eyes stand out more. Most days I have been wearing the Maybelline 24 hour Colour Tattoo in the shade Metallic Pomegranate. This is a gorgeous dark berry shade with brown under tonnes which makes it easy to apply to your eyelids without looking scary. I use this as the main shade of my eye make-up so I apply this as a base all over my eyelids. I then turn to my Soap And Glory palette in What's Nude. I love these eyeshadows as they are really creamy which makes them easy to blend. I use the shade Pink T in the inner corner of my eyelids as a highlighter. This is a pale pink shade which is perfect for brightening your eyes. I then use that matte brown shade in the outer corner of my eyes and the crease to contour with.

I finish my eye make-up by applying the Barry M Showgirl Mascara with extra volume. To be honest with you I'm bored about talking about this on my blog as I've mentioned this so much recently. It's just a great everyday mascara which adds length and definition but especially volume. I think it looks very natural on your lashes and it just makes your eyes look all fluttery.

To finish my make-up look I will apply my Maybelline lipstick in the shade Stellar Pink. Before applying lipstick I always apply lip balm. It helps to help protect my lips from looking dry and it also makes the lipstick apply smoother without creasing. Don't get me wrong in the winter I'm all for my berry shades but for an everyday look I think rosy pink shades look very pretty and natural for the cooler season. I would prefer to wear darker shades for an evening look.

There you go my current everyday winter make-up routine. I hope you enjoyed reading this and let me know in the comments what products you enjoy using in your winter make-up routine.


2 comments:

  1. You would be an amazing youtuber! Do you have a channel? If not you should get one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! I don't have a channel at the moment but I'm tempted to get one

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...