Sunday 27 March 2016

Lush Easter 2016






Good morning my lovelies and a Happy Easter Sunday to you all. I hope the Easter bunny has been kind to you all. I have a lovely, lovely lovely Lush post for you all today for this lovely Spring day. You all know that I love Lush. I use at least one product from Lush every single day and I am not ashamed to admit that either. I am also a sucker for their seasonal limited edition ranges such as Valentines Day, Easter, Halloween and of course the best of all - Christmas. Feeling very proud my love for Lush is now starting to infiltrate and affect others as I am converting many family members and friends to become firm Lush fans. Maybe it's their way to stop me banging on about Lush, who knows.

Lush always go to town with their collections and they sure did good this Easter. As far as I'm aware there aren't any new products this Easter although I think a couple have been re-vamped and altered a little. I just opened my Lush Easter box where I am storing my Easter products and I was greeted by a sweet toffee and slightly floral scent; definitely more sweet then the Christmas collection that which was more musky and spicy. I know that the perfect end to Easter will be with a pamper night enjoying as many Easter products that I can manage whilst consuming my own body weight in chocolate and entering a chocolate coma. All of these Easter goodies just make me feel all warm and gooey inside like a Cadbury's Carmel Egg, oozing with sugary sweetness. Side note - Cadbury's Carmel eggs are my all time favourite and I always plump for one over a Creme Egg. Fun fact for you all there.

Bath Bombs

Golden Egg


Scent wise this one is a favourite of mine, sweet golden sugary toffee goodness mixed with cocoa. Yum! If you aren't a fan of sweet food scents or glitter then I wouldn't advise going near this one. I am obsessed with caramel, any chocolates caramel related are right up my street. I will admit that I used to be put off by the overly glittery Lush products but I have now embraced them and the glitter doesn't bother me. In fact I love it now. This is a bath bomb although we can call it a hybrid as it is also a bath melt as it contains cocoa butter which will melt into the bath and absorb into your skin leaving your skin feeling super soft afterwards. I honestly mean super soft; it will feel softer then silk. The egg also contains olive oil which is meant to be really beneficial for your skin. I always use olive oil in cooking and on salads as I love the taste. I've heard many people recommending it in baths for your skin but I've never been brave enough to try it. It must also be quite an expensive bath too. I think I might opt for this one tonight and I will leave the bath in a relaxed warming and glowing state smelling of sweet toffee and sparkling with gold glitter. The golden egg is one of the more pricier bath bombs at £3.95 but it is so worth it for the indulgence of the toffee, cocoa butter and gold glitter. One to save for a full on pamper evening. 

Fluffy Egg


I'm a bit of a girly girl and a pink sweet bath bomb are right up my street. Lush have definitely opted for sweet scents this Easter which is totally me. I really struggled to get hold of this beauty; every time I went into my local Lush store it was always sold out. I ended up travelling two and a half hours until I found one. I was actually visiting family at the time I din't drive that far just for a bath bomb that would be a little insane. It is so worth it though and I am so chuffed that I managed to get hold of one. It has the staple sweet scent. Think Rockstar, think Snow Fairy, think Candy Cane Mountain and even think of the Magic Wand and you have a Fluffy Egg. It is a staple Lush scent that is usually limited edition so I am so happy that I can get my holds on the beautiful scent again for Easter. You can pick up your own fluffy egg if you manage to actually find the egg for £2.95. It was like going on my own personal Lush Easter egg hunt.

Humpty Dumpty


What a mahoosive bath bomb. A Lush Easter classic is to include two bath bombs in one. Once Humpty melts and fizzes away you are left with a hidden fried egg bath bomb inside that you can chose to save for another day if you crack his egg shell before the bath; or you can go all out one pamper evening and have both in the same bath. This has a refreshing and fruity scent towards it and less sickly sweet then some of the others. Perfect on a Spring morning perhaps. You can adopt your own Humpty for £6.95. 

Which Came First?


Again, another hefty size bath bomb from Lush and another Easter classic. I think last year you could get this one in different colours but this year all of the colours (pink, yellow and blue) have been combined into one mammoth bomb. This bath bomb is so big I struggled to pop it in the Lush bag. This is the largest bath bomb that Lush produce, it's so big you can potentially get three baths out of it so you definitely get your moneys worth with this one. Similar to humpty you could pre-crack your egg or go all out again on a pamper night. Inside this beautiful Easter Egg is a beautiful little chick - how adorably cute is that? This one also has a beautiful refreshing scent. I think I slightly prefer it to Humpty's - sorry Humpty - as it combines sweet vanilla with fruity and refreshing grapefruit. This is one of the more expensive bath bombs at £6.95 but if you divide that by three it actually makes it really reasonable and cheaper then buying three individual bath bombs. 

Bubble Bars

Bunch Of Carrots 


For me personally the Bunch Of Carrots are the most iconic item from the Easter Collection. Whenever I think of Lush Easter I think of these. The carrots have been a staple for many years now although this year they are slightly different. Usually they are your bog standard orange colour yet this year we have an orange, pink and purple carrot. Is it weird that I find a bunch of carrots so adorably cute? This means you can even chose which colour bath you fancy on the day. I love bubble bars as they create beautiful, mahoosive bubbles whilst changing the water colour and they release a beautiful scent. It is your overall all in one bath product. Not only that but the Bunch Of Carrots are also reusable which means you get even more baths out of these. Instead of crumbling the carrots you just wave a carrot under running water to create your bubbles and then pop it on the side for your next bath. You get even more for your money with these. The carrots have a really refreshing citrus fragrance to them. Perfect for Spring and warmer sunnier days. I recon I will use these for a morning bath, the perfect way to wake up and start the day. The carrots are proved at £6.25 which I think is really good value seeing as you get three carrots and multiple uses out of them. 

As part of the Easter Collection there were a couple of items I didn't pick up as I wasn't 100% sure on them. I guess they weren't my scents. Lush have also produced a Soap called Over The Rainbow which is very pretty alongside an alternative bubble bar called Ultraviolet. The final part of the collection was a shower jelly called Bouncy Bunny but I find the shower jellies a bit awkward to use I always tend to drop them in the shower resulting in the shower getting more of a wash than I do. 

Thank you for reading this post my lovelies. I hope you all have a magical and fun Easter Day with family, friends and loved ones, with many Easter egg hunts and games and eating lot's of yummy Easter foods and treats. If you fancy doing some baking for Easter why not try my recipe for Creme Egg Brownies - scrummy chocolaty Easter goo on a plate. These are delicious and so easy to make. They are also the perfect recipe that the whole family can muck in on together. Best served warm and gooey with a large dollop of vanilla ice cream after your Easter roast.

XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...