Wednesday 10 December 2014

Blogmas Day 10 - The Secret To A Natural Winter Tan


Good Morning my lovelies and welcome to Blogmas Day 10! Double figures now, how crazy is that? Now I know that it's winter and this is the time no one is going to know how pale I am. But then over Christmas I begin to realise that I have a few events coming up such as Birthdays and Christmas parties. I then remembered that my legs always look paler then the rest of my body I guess naturally over the years they see less sun light. So whenever I see an emergency and need a natural looking tan for the festive season I always turn to this bad boy, the Dove Summer Glow Lotion. In fact whenever I feel pale and want a natural glow I turn to this all year round. I know that this says summer glow but don't be put off by this as I use this all year round.

Naturally I am fairly tanned I wouldn't describe my skin tone as really pale or fair but I just find that this gives my skin a healthy glow and not in a glittery way, it just makes it look brighter and healthier. Fake tan is something that I have always been scared of and avoided as I am always terrified of turning out looking like an orange as I prefer more of a natural look. A few years ago my friend recommend this which I used before my prom at the end of year 11 and I have used it for years ever since. Dove is a really nice brand and their products are very moisturising so it's a double bonus as you get a nice glowing tan and it forces me to moisturise my skin more often which I won't lie I'm not the best at as I usually forget - bad blogger. There are different shades to go for depending on your skin tone. I use the lightest shade but if you wanted a result faster then you could plump for a darker shade. The more that you use this product, more tan will build up so you can use it to achieve the look that you're going for so it gives you a greater variety compared to other self tans. It is super moisturising and it does have a smell which I really like as it's not that strong smell that you can get with other fake tans. One bottle will last me for months in the summer even with me using it on a daily basis so you will definitely get your moneys worth out of it. I will start using this again about a week before my work Christmas party everyday and my legs will be good to go. They won't look orange they will just be slightly darker then what they look like normally in the winter which is pale. I just love how natural your skin looks after using this product. It is priced at £4.99 but it is currently on sale at Superdrug at £2.48 which is even better than half price - bargain!

So if you are feeling conscious about your skin or you want to give it that sun kissed healthy glow for the party season than I would highly recommend this product. I will be stocking up on this at the end of the week if that offer is still going.

I hope this helped my lovelies, thank you for reading and I hope you have a good day. Let me know in the comments which tanning products you enjoy using.

4 comments:

  1. I love Dove self tanner. It's one of the best and doesn't smell nasty either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to try this as I'm the same as you and prefer a more natural look. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing you should definitely check it out!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...