Thursday 4 December 2014

Blogmas Day 4 - Cleaning Make-up Brushes


Good afternoon my lovelies, it's that time of the month again for cleaning make-up brushes. Many people see this as an endless chore and hate it but I don't I find it quite therapeutic and it's quite a satisfying feeling to see them clean again. When I started out with make-up I knew that you had to clean make-up brushes but I wasn't sure how you should so I hope this blog post will help some of you who are starting out with make-up or just want some tips. Make-up brushes that are used regularly should be cleaned about once a month just so you aren't smearing bacteria over your face. Face brushes for example for foundation may need to be cleaned twice a month if they're used regularly and are looking dirty and clogged up. I usually aim to clean my brushes at the start of each month just to make sure I remember to clean them.




It doesn't take long to clean your brushes and it's very quick and easy.

1) Pour a small amount of shampoo into the palm of your hand. Today I used Herbal Essences Dazzling Shine just because it was closest to my hand but it doesn't matter which shampoo you use.

2) Under warmish water, rinse the brush to dampen it but try not to wet the brush too close to the handle as this can weaken the brush causing hairs to fall out but I wouldn't worry about this.

3) Swirl the brush in the palm of your hand to create a foam, mixing the shampoo into the brush. Rinse to remove the shampoo and repeat this process if you need to until the brush is clean.

4) Once I've cleaned my brushes I lay them out on a cloth to dry ready to be used the next day.

It honestly doesn't take long and it is a good job to get done. I love cleaning Real Technique brushes as the hairs have a white tip so it's a satisfying feeling to see the brushes change from brown to white again.

I hope this post will help some of you as it was from reading blog posts years ago that I learned how to clean make-up brushes. I hope you all have a good day my lovelies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...