Sunday 14 December 2014

Blogmas Day 14 - Winter Nails

Top to bottom: Koala Bear -y, Blood Orange, Diamond Glitter, Undress To Impress, Mini Marshmallows
Hello my lovelies, I hope that you have all had a good day today. I want to take a moment to ask what you're up to and how you're getting ready for Christmas, let me know in the comments. I personally love the build up to Christmas: the Christmas shopping, wrapping presents, the tree, decorating the house and the Christmas music. Today we're back on one of my favourite topic to blog about - nails. You all know that I have a little obsession for nail varnish so I thought that I would treat you all to my favourite winter nail polishes. Now do you say nail polish or nail varnish, I think I say varnish but I don't know which is right.

Koala Bear-y, OPI - £11.95 on Feel Unique
Now this has to be my all time favourite nail polish, what a statement to make on a Sunday. I love my hot pinks, fuchsias and berries on my nails and this is just the perfect shade for me. I tend to wear berry shades on my lips especially at this time of year and I just find that this matches perfectly. I also wear a lot of darker natural shades and having a pop of colour on your nails really adds something to your outfit. I think this shade is perfect for the day and the evening. I really love the formula of the OPI polishes. They are really smooth and thin yet they are very pigmented and glossy and they aren't watery either. I love the shape of the brush, it's really easy to hold which you wouldn't think makes a difference but I just find my nails look neater when I use OPI polishes. The only down side for me is the price. These are a lot expensive compared to other brands but I think if they have a shade that is gorgeous and you love to bits then there is no harm in buying a few as you are paying for the quality. If you can get this on Amazon or Ebay then you can get some of the OPI polishes for a cheaper price. If you can't stretch to this one, a good dupe for it is Pomegranate by Barry M which is £3.99. They are practically identical except Pomegranate is slightly darker. I always save this one for my birthday and special occasions I think it was the first OPI polish that i brought. OPI have so many amazing colours and collections with adorable names, they are definitely a brand to check out.

Blood Orange, Barry M - £3.99
There will be no surprises that this one is on my list. I have talked about this one so much on my blog recently that I'm almost getting bored of repeating myself. This is just a classic pillar box red that is perfect for the festive season. The formula of the gelly nail polishes is incredible so that they set and appear like gel nails and they are super glossy. Barry M do a massive range of colours and they are of an amazing quality yet very affordable. I will probably be wearing this to my work Christmas parties and my family Christmas party that is like a tradition that we have every year to exchange presents before Christmas. If you're looking for a red nail polish then I would 100% recommend this one.

Diamond Glitter, Barry M - £2.99
Now when it comes to Christmas I love wearing glitter on my nails, I just think that it adds that something extra. It leaves your nails all glittery and sparkling for the festive season. The only problem with glitter nail polishes is that they are a pain to get off but I recon that it's worth it for Christmas. I love silver as it's a very neutral shade and it will go with pretty much any nail plush. I especially like wearing this one over darker shades, in particular Blood Orange as the silver and red together look very festive. Another good thing about glitter nail polishes is that a bottle will last you a long time so you will definitely get your moneys worth which is something I like to hear.

Undress To Impress, Maybelline - £3.99
Another glitter of you all and another festive colour. I recon that silver and gold glitters are essential in your nail polish collection. I love the size of the glitter in this one as they are slightly larger and stand out more on your nails. I also think that the packaging is really cute on this one. Again this would look good on darker colours especially reds for the festive season. I also enjoy wearing this one with nude nail varnish. Before I have applied a nude nail polish and I have applied this to the end of my nails similar to the French manicure style. I uploaded a picture of this to Instagram @inherownlittleworld that I will insert below. I think that this looks good for a more subtle and less in your face look yet with that added sparkle for Christmas.


Mini Marshmallows, Tanya Burr - £5.99
As much as I love wearing my darker berry shades in the winter, I also think that a pale baby pink can also look really pretty. I wear this shade for a more natural look and it goes with everything so it won't clash. I'm the same with lip colours in winter, I love my darker shades but for an everyday look I also love wearing a nude pink colour. I love this shade as it's not so pale that it's a pastel pink as it has some warmth to it. Don't get me wrong I love wearing pastel pinks in the Summer, my favourite is Fiji by Essie which is a classic, but in the winter I think a warm toned pink is more flattering. It also has a really adorable name which I love, I would definitely recommend this range of nail polishes.

I hope that you enjoyed this blog post my lovelies and let me know in the comments which nail polishes you love wearing in the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...