Wednesday 3 December 2014

Blogmas Day 3 - Top 5 High Street Mascaras


Hello my lovelies, and welcome to Blogmas Day 3. Back to make-up posts now with my favourite highstreet mascaras. Now mascara isn't something that I tend to get excited about I don't no why although over the years I have discovered a few gems.


The first mascara in my favourites collection is the Avon Super Shock Mascara. It does say this in blue writing on the tube but it's hard to tell. I spent ages trying to get it to show up in the picture but I couldn't get the lighting right. This is a really good all round mascara as it adds length and volume. It's in a large tube so you get lot's of product for your money. The brush is also really easy to apply to your lashes giving you a really good even coverage. You don't need much of the product to get larger looking eyelashes so it will definitely last you a long time. This is currently priced at £8.50.


Now when it comes to mascara, for me personally Maybelline own it, they do the best mascaras which are also affordable. The Rocket Volume Express adds an amazing amount of volume to your eye lashes without using much product. I would use this if I was going out or it was a special occasion. I wouldn't use this on an everyday basis only because I find it adds that little bit extra so I tend to save it otherwise I find it too much for an everyday look as it adds so much volume. I would apply another mascara first and then this on top and it just makes your eyelashes really stand out almost as if you are wearing false eye lashes. I have and will continue to re-purchase this as this is just an essential in my collection. It is priced at £7.99.


Another Maybelline mascara for you now which is just a classic. I guarantee that everybody who is interested in make-up will purchase this at some point. It's called Great Lash mascara and I use this  for an everyday look as it lengthens and defines your lashes without making them look to much for an everyday look. I would recommend this mascara if your in school or college as you could apply a small amount for a subtle look if you're not allowed to wear too much make-up. You can easily build it up depending on the look that you're going for. I've lost count of how many of these I have got through over the years. It's smaller then the Rocket mascara but it will last you a long time even if you are using it on an everyday basis. If I could only own one mascara it would be this one. It is priced at £4.99 so very affordable.


This mascara is the most expensive in my favourites post at £10.00. It is the Define and Lengthen mascara from The Body Shop. It does exactly what it says on the tube, it separates your lashes and lengthens them to make them stand out more although I will say that it doesn't add volume. Although that doesn't matter though as they aren't claiming to. I'm not a massive fan of the plastic wand although the brush is a different shape to the others so when you apply it it increases the lashes at the outside corner of your eye more then the inside. This leaves your lashes looking all fluttery and pretty so I like that affect it gives to them. One thing that annoys me is when you put the wand back into the tube after a while you get mascara building up on the outside of the tube leaving other make-up items in your make-up bag covered in mascara which is a bit annoying. Although there are things I don't like about this mascara I would still re-purchase it as it eaves your lashes looking natural and pretty.


This last mascara won't be a surprise as I have raved about it quite a few times on my blog and I've done a separate blog post on it. It's the Barry M Showgirl Mascara with Extra Volume. This is another great everyday mascara and I would say that it's another all rounder. It's in a large tube so this will last you a long time and the brush is really easy to apply to your lashes. I tend to go for mascras that increase the volume as I naturally have long eyelashes so extra volume is something I look for. I love the packaging, I love the colour rose gold and I love the fact the tube has a metal outside making it seem extra special. It is currently priced at £4.99 and it's bigger then the Great Lash mascara so you get more product for your money with this one. You can see my review of this by clicking here

Let me know in the comments what your favourite mascaras are I'm always excited to try new products. Thank you for reading my lovelies and I hope you have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...