Thursday 18 December 2014

Blogmas Day 18 - The Body Shop Christmas Collection 2014


Good afternoon my lovelies and welcome to Blogmas Day 18 - only a week till Christmas now, eek! Today I thought that I would talk about the Christmas Range from one of my favourite shops. People who know me well will know that I have always loved and been obsessed with The Body Shop since I was about 10. I would always spend all my money in there and buy way too many products. I could't help it though I just love all their products: the body butters, lip balms, soaps, shower gels etc. and don't even get me started on their make-up thats at a whole new level for me. Seeing as it's almost Christmas I thought I would write this post as if your stuck for a present then The Body Shop does some amazing presents and I know I've brought quite a bit from there this year for gifts. Last year they brought out their Cranberry scent - which I think is pretty much a tradition and is brought out every year. The other scent they brought out was a gingerbread one which I was in love with and I still haven't got over the fact that they haven't brought it back this year. I loved it so much it was a really gentle sweet ginger smell and it had the cutest packaging. I remember my Mum brought me a tin which was in the shape of a gingerbread man with all the ginger products inside. This year there are three Christmas scents: Frosted Cranberry, Vanilla Brûlée and Glazed Apple. When I was last in the Body Shop I was lucky enough to be given six samples, two of each type so I thought I would review each scent which might help you with your lats minute Christmas Shopping.

Frosted Cranberry
Like I said previously, Cranberry is a traditional Christmas scent to be brought out by The Body Shop, I get given this scent most years. I think the only different thing about it this year is that it's being called 'Frosted' Cranberry instead of just Cranberry. No surprises but to me it smells like Cranberries but I would say that it is less sweet then the Strawberry scent for example which is very sweet. So if you're a fan of fruity but not too sweet scents then this is one for you. I would say that it's the less sweet out of the three. I love this one as it's very gentle and not overpowering. This one is a pretty pale pink/reddish colour. The Christmas ranges include bath and body products such as soaps and shower gels as well as home fragrance such as reed diffusers. I think that this scent would make the nicest reed diffuser out of the three as it isn't too over powering. If you wanted to by someone a Cranberry gift set then I would recommend The Frosted Cranberry Tubes of Treasure.

Vanilla Brûlée
Vanilla is a Christmas scent that wasn't brought back last year but I know that it has been brought out before as I remember having a Body Butter called Spiced Vanilla which smelt the same as this one. This is the sweetest scent out of the three and the only non-fruity one. This one is a creamy colour with the same variations of products available although there are less products available then the Cranberry one as I think they may have sold out of more. For example the gift sets in Vanilla have sold out but other products that I think would make good gifts are the bath sprinkles, bath jelly and the body sparkler. I think the packaging of these is adorable and they would make lovely gifts.

Glazed Apple
The last scent is my absolute favourite and hold onto your socks kids but I think it may be my favourite scent that The Body Shop have brought out - it's up there along with the Ginger Bread and the Peach one. When ever people ask me what I would like for Christmas I just mention this scent and I'm pretty sure that my Mum will get me a few bits in this scent as she always gets me stuff from The Body Shop for Christmas and I haven't stopped banging on about this one. I love it so much instead of waiting for Christmas I have already brought myself a few bits. From what I've read on blogs and seeing that this is nearly pretty much sold out online I think that this may be the most popular scent and they better bring it back next year. I've always said that The Body Shop should bring out an Apple range and the fact that they finally have makes me so, so happy. It's a pretty pale green which is also very festive. No surprises in the fact that it smells of Apples but I would say it's like a sherbet apple scent rather then fresh apples. It reminds me of a type of sweet I use to have when I was younger but I can't remember what it was. Again when the Christmas range first came out there were all the same variations as the others but I think the majority have gone so if you want to buy some of this then hurry. In the shops they might still have the gift set for this which looked adorable and it was in the shape of an apple.

I hope this post gives you some last minute gift inspiration. Let me know in the comments what your favourite are from the new range. I don't know about you but I really want to try the bath sprinkles and jellies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...