Monday 4 January 2016

The Body Shop Christmas Collection 2015



The Body Shop is one of my all time favourite shops, always has been and always will be. It particularly appeals to me around Christmas when they have all of their gorgeous sparkly packaging and luxurious limited edition ranges that leave me feeling like a kid in a sweet shop where I just want to throw caution to the wind and buy everything. When my Mum asked me what I would like for Christmas the main thing I responded with were products from the Christmas range. Feeling very spoilt I was definitely treated this Christmas and I thought I would share some goodies and my favourites from the 2015 Christmas range. Some stores still have a few of the products left but hurry as they are selling fast and soon will be gone.

The Body Shop again produced three festive scents, 2015 featured three fruity scents:

Glazed Apple - My all time favourite scent that they have produced, fresh crisp apples meets sugary sherbet. I am definitely more of one for fruity sweet scents so the whole collection majorly appeals to me. I am praying that this scent returns again next Christmas as it was one originally produced in 2014. I was overly excited to see it's return for 2015 as I still haven't forgiven The Body Shop for not returning the Gingerbread scent from 2013. That was probably my second all time favourite scent and I am still very bitter about the fact it never came back. The Glazed Apple collection is packaged in a gorgeous dark emerald green which feels very luxurious. It reminds me of the musical Wicked which has to be my all time favourite musical so very happy memories for both of these.

Frosted Cranberry - This is a subtle sweet fruity crisp scent with the refreshing smell of cranberries. The cranberry scent is a staple for The Body Shop around Christmas; it always makes an appearance every Christmas. I would describe the scent similar to raspberries. I now associate this scent with Christmas, as soon as I smell the Cranberry products you know that it's Christmas. The dark red packaging of the cranberry range is very festive. Bit random but on a side note I have also discovered eating cranberries this past Christmas, top tip they go particularly well with cheese.

Frosted Plum - Is the new scent that The Body Shop introduced for Christmas 2015. Just look at that rich, royal purple packaging it is so luxurious. Similar to the cranberry scent this is a really sweet and subtle fruity scent. Nice and gentle and not too over powering. I wouldn't be surprised if this makes an appearance next Christmas as it has been so popular. It's a really hard scent to describe or put into words especially as plums don't have a distinctive scent. I would say that it is most similar to the Passion Fruit collection from The Body Shop however maybe more soothing and fruity. I know I'm pants at describing scents. If you can still get hold of it I would highly recommend giving this one a sniff as my description really doesn't do it justice.

Hand creams

The Body Shop hand creams are the perfect handbag essential. They are the perfect size for popping in your handbag so they can accompany you on all of your travels and adventures. I love the formulation of the hand creams as they are more like a lotion so they absorb into your skin instantly. They are less buttery then the body butters and therefore won't leave you with greasy hands afterwards. The hand cream absorbs instantly and you are good to go. Perfect for winter in the colder months when I get drier skin yet these will also be a yearly feature. A hand cream isn't just for Christmas.



Shower Gels 

I love the shower gels that The Body Shop produce. They are really cleansing and fragrant and you can smell them on your skin after using them. One of these bottles will last me ages so they are well worth it. Just look at how luxurious the three colours look together. They are proudly lined up on the bathroom shelf to be admired.


Body Butters

There isn't a day that goes by where I don't turn to a tub of body butter. I use it at least every day just before going to bed if not more often throughout the day. I know I will adore using these. Whenever I buy a new tub it takes a lot of restraint not to poke my finger in the middle as they always look so luxurious and inviting.



Bath Fizzers

Bath bombs are all the rage these days and trust me this is something I know strongly and I am very passionate about. This is a new addition to The Body Shop, as far as I am aware they haven't produced any bath bombs before. You simply place a bath fizzed into your warm bath and watch it fizz and dissolve realising the gorgeous fruity scent. It will be interesting to see if they bring at fizzers for their main collection.


Bath Jelly

The bath jelly is unique to the Glazed Apple scent and this was the same last year. Just look at the tub isn't is so inviting? Use your cute and quirky 'scoop' to dollop some jelly into the bath which will melt releasing the gorgeous glazed apple scent and colour. Heaven. Along with the bath fizzers this feels like a very luxurious product. I love the rich green colour to it. 


I hope you enjoyed reading this post my lovelies. I would love to know in the comments what your favourite scent and product from the Christmas range was. 

XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...