Wednesday 10 September 2014

My Everyday Autumn Make-up Routine 2014

Another blog post for you all.
I just want to put this out there that I am in no way a professional at doing make-up and I am still learning tips myself but I thought I might do a blog post on what make-up I am and will be wearing on a daily basis for Autumn.


Before applying make-up I use the Simple Hydrating Light Moisturiser as it is important to keep skin hydrated and avoid dry skin. I also feel like it makes make-up apply easier afterwards.

First of all I have been using the Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser that I recently mentioned in my last haul post. I use this around my t-zone and cheeks and so far I have been impressed by it as when I put my foundation on my pores appear reduced and my foundation has a silky feel to it. Is it as good as the Benefit That Gal primer? Probably not but I think you are paying for the quality. Yes they both do the same job at reducing pores although I prefer the feel of the Benefit primer as it has a more moisturising feel towards it where as the Maybelline primer has a more oily texture. Although, this doesn't bother me enough to repurchase the Benefit primer as I would happily use the Maybelline primer for an everyday basis as I definitely prefer the price tag of it and the quality is still really good. I will only use the Benefit primer for a night out maybe when I'm spending longer doing my make-up.

I'm super boring when it comes to foundation as I will always stick to the same one which is the Maybelline Dream Matte Mouse in number 21 Nude which seems to be a popular shade as it always seems to be sold out. I will constantly repurchase this foundation until it becomes discontinued which better never happen - although just in case I will always buy it in batches. I have majorly oily skin which can be quite problematic when it comes to foundation. Every liquid foundation that I have tried  including matte liquid foundations within seconds will leave me looking sweaty and if I've spent the entire day at the gym. I then find myself putting layers and layers of powder on which is not only a waste of money but leaving me with a thick layer of make-up which I am not a fan of. I also find the mouse easier to apply as I don't use a brush so I can get the coverage I want. I also feel like I get a fuller coverage using the mouse compared to a liquid foundation yet I will use less of the mouse. It doesn't feel thick on your face - I can't praise this foundation enough.

I then use the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer in the shade 2 Cool Medium. This is perfect for dark under eye circles which I seem to be prone to, not matter how much sleep I get I will always look tired. I don't find it as good for spots so if I'm looking particularly spotty then I will use the Benefit Bo-ing Concealer.

I will then set my face using the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder, I have three depending on my skin tone. At the moment I am using it in number 5 Silky Beige. I know that I have previously used a matte foundation but I'm very paranoid about my oily skin.

I then use the L'Oreal Glam Bronze in 06 Golden Bronze. It is a matte bronzer with a tiny hint of shimmer which is really pigmented and easy to blend and I have loved using it recently.

Blusher wise I vary but most recently I have been using the Sleek blusher in 933 Coral. Sleek blushers are incredibly pigmented and I really like this shade for Autumn as it is a dark coral shade that appears almost brown but when you apply it to your cheeks it has pink undertones giving you a natural warm glow.

Another Benefit mini for you all - I then use the Girl Meets Pearl Highlighter above my cheek bones but only a very small amount for a small amount of natural shimmer.

I then move on to my eyes and recently I have been using a Bourjois mini eyeshadow pallet in 61 Rose Twiste. It comes with two brown baked eyeshadows with a tiny amount of shimmer. They are both warm colours and so great for Autumn and really easy to blend. When your rushing everyday it is much easier to only use and blend only two eyeshadows but if it was a night out I would spend longer on my eyes and maybe use more colours. It also comes with a brown eyeliner which has never appealed to me before but I think it gives a more natural definition to your eyes and so I was pleasantly surprised.

Mascara wise my favourite everyday mascara is the Maybelline Great Lash mascara in Blackest Black as it is really easy to use and it lengthens your lashes without making them appear fake.

I don't fill in my eyebrows as I have dark hair and quite full eyebrows and so otherwise they would be too overpowering. Instead I just brush out any powder and foundation using an eyebrow brush.

Finally, I finish off with lipstick. Recently I have been loving dark plum/purple tonne colours and I recently picked up the Revlon Colorburst Lacquer Balm in 115 Whimsical. At first I wasn't sure about it as it has glitter in and I'm not usually a fan of glitter lipstick but once you apply it, it doesn't appear over glittery it just gives it a natural shine and I do love a lipstick balm, I have way too many. Another tip would be to apply lip balm a few minutes before lipstick as it leaves your lips softer and so it makes the lipstick easier to apply, I usually use a Carmex lip balm.

I hope you all enjoyed this blog post and if so I could upload more. Below is a picture using this make-up look that I uploaded to instagram @inherownlittleworld last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...