Tuesday 23 December 2014

Blogmas Day 23 - Christmas Nails



Good evening my lovelies, I can't believe that it's Christmas Eve tomorrow it has come around so quickly. It only seems like yesterday that I started my blogmas posts on the 1st of December. Today I have a nail post for you all. Today was my last day at work before Christmas so I thought what better way to relax then do my Christmas nails. Usually at Christmas I paint my nails a nice rich, bright red colour with some silver glitter. Although this year I remember I was Christmas shopping on black Friday and I saw these beauties and I couldn't say no. There was only one packet left and they were in  a small size so I thought that it would be rude not to.

I have never worn fake nails before. I don't know why but they just haven't appealed to me. Seeing as I own way too many nail polishes for a healthy person and that fact that I actually really enjoy painting my nails as I find it quite therapeutic, I just haven't found a need to by them. Although one thing that I'm not good at when it comes to painting my nails is nail art, all I can do is a block colour and maybe some glitter if I'm feeling spontaneous. When I saw these I just fell in love with them. I have read good reviews about Elegant Touch before so I thought why not give it a whirl. These are priced at £7.95 in the shade Snow Globe of which you get a range of different nails of different sizes, tabs and a nail file. When I applied them I used the tabs. You can also buy a glue which is meant to make the nails last longer but I was just being a cheap skate that day.

I first picked the designs I wanted for each nail and found the ones that fitted. What I love about these nails is that they give you loads of nails of different shapes and sizes so that you can find the perfect fit for each nail. You can also file them down to get them the length that you want. To fix the nails you first place one of the tabs on your nail. You then peel off the plastic on top to reveal the sticky side which will attach to the fake nail. Place the fake nail starting at the cuticle end of your finger and press down to stick the fake nails to your real nails and you're done! I was pleasantly surprised at how quick and easy it was to apply the nails. I will leave an update in the comments as to how long these last and how easy it is to remove the nails. So far I am slightly in love with these. I actually quite like the feel of them on my nails and I love the noise my nails make as I'm typing this blog post out on my laptop.

Let me know in the comments if you have tried these or other good brands to recommend. Elegant Touch do loads of different colours and designs which you should definitely check out. Thank you for reading my lovelies and I'll see you tomorrow for Christmas Eve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...