Wednesday 17 December 2014

Blogmas Day 17 - Top Tips For Healthy Nails


Good afternoon my lovelies, how are you all? I probably don't have the most exciting blog post for you all today but it seems quite fitting after yesterdays. My post on hair care products seemed to go down well so I thought I would share some tips on keeping your nails healthy over the festive season. Although I wear nail varnish all year round, I probably wear it the most in the winter and especially with the build up to Christmas. Similar to hair, my nails are possibly most damaged in the winter with all the glitter nail polishes and the cold weather. Glitter nail polishes always look so pretty over Christmas yet they are a pain to get off your nails. After wearing nail varnish on a daily basis over the years it has started to take it's toll on my nails. Last year I discovered these nail treatment products from Sally Hansen and I've stuck to them ever since. Last years my nails were in a pretty bad way, they looked split and brittle. Sections of my actual nails would peal off and yes I know that sounds disgusting. Although since including these products in my nail routine they seem to be recovering.

The first product is a nail varnish remover by Sally Hansen. I don't know for sure but I think it might be the nail varnish remover rather then the actual nail varnish that does the main damage to your nails. I found that my nails were in a worse condition just after taking my nail polish off as supposed to when wearing my nails varnish. Sally Hansen do a large range of nail polish removers but I think this one is the best one for my nails. I know that this shouldn't be a factor but I also love the packaging of the lid and the colour of the product, I just think that it looks really cute. Yes I know how weird that sounds calling a nail polish remover bottle cute. The remover is meant to strengthen your nails which I think it does. Since using this product my nails don't feel brittle. Instead they feel stronger, firmer and just generally healthier. If you have to coat your nails in chemicals then you might as well use a product that will do some good and protect them.

The other product that I have discovered and love is the Maximum Strength polish. I use this as base coat, similar to the remover you might as well use something that will do some good for your nails rather then just an average base coat. This product is also meant to make your nails feel stronger and it will also help them to grow faster if they are healthier. This product claims to make your nails stronger after just one week - whether it does or not I don't know but what I do know is that I have used this product for years and ever since my nails have been stronger and healthier. Before using these products I would sometimes leave my nails for a month without polish to try and help them recover although as soon as I wore any polish they would break again. Now that I use this I can paint my nails every week without fear of damaging them. If occasionally my nail does tear then it will grow back really fast and it's just a blip. I have used this for over a year now and I'm not even half way through the bottle. That's pretty good considering I use this at least once a week so you will definitely get your moneys worth out of this one.

I would highly recommend both of these products if you're worried about the health and quality of your nails. As long as you look after your nails then you're good to go and you can paint them however you like without fearing the outcome. Just by swapping these for other products your nails will be healthier without needing any extra time.

I hope that you enjoyed reading this my lovelies. Let me know in the comments if you have any nail care products that you would recommend using. I spent all morning wrapping up presents and I'm only just half way. Also, let me know how what you're doing to get ready for Christmas. I think that wrapping up presents is my favourite part of Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...