Thursday 11 December 2014

Blogmas Day 11 - Baking Festive Jammie Dodgers



Hello my lovelies, so it's Blogmas Day 11, it's only two weeks until Christmas and I have been baking again. Now I know that on my blog I like to stick to talking about beauty and fashion but seeing as it's blogmas I thought I would make another small exception this week and write another baking post. I personally love baking it's another one of my hobbies and I think my previous baking post seemed to go down well so I thought why not write another. These festive jammie dodgers would make a great gift and I recon people of all ages would enjoy them. These would be great for Christmas parties or an alternative to mince pies for Christmas if they're not your thing. 

Ingredients: (makes 26)
225 butter
100g caster sugar
200g plain flour plus extra for dusting when rolling out the dough
100g ground almonds
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
approximately 100g of strawberry jam

Method:

1) Add the butter, sugar, flour, almonds and cinnamon to a food processor and mix until the mixture forms a ball of dough

2) Chill the dough in the fridge for 1 hour

3) Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/ 160°C fan

4) Divide the dough into two even sized portions

5) Roll out the dough to about 5mm thick, you will need extra flour to dust the work surface and rolling pin first

6) Use a star cutter to cut out the biscuits and place these onto a baking tray

7) Roll out the second batch of dough and repeat the process with the star cutter

8) Once the second batch of stars are on the baking tray, cut out a small circle in the centre of each biscuit. I did this by using the smaller end of a large piping nozzle

9) Bake the biscuits in the oven for 15 - 20 minutes until lightly golden. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool. 

10) Place a small teaspoon of jam onto the centre of each whole star which didn't have the middle cut out. Then spread the jam to cover that biscuit using a knife

11) Place the stars with the centre cut out on top of these and gently push together

And there you go, easy!

If strawberry and cinnamon isn't your thing there are a whole range of combinations you could do such as:

- Raspberry jam and adding almond extract instead of the cinnamon

- Cherry jam and cocoa powder instead of the cinnamon

- Apricot jam and you could add dried fruits for a festive feel

I hope you enjoyed this baking blog post and if baking isn't your thing then don't worry as I have a beauty post for you all tomorrow. Let me know in the comments if you have tried these or if you have any good ideas of festive things to bake this time of year. Thank you for reading my lovelies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...