Tuesday 29 December 2015

The Jersey Boys At Christmas



Hello my lovelies and a Happy Tuesday to you all. I can't quite believe it that 2015 is almost over and we are in reach of 2016. I'll be honest 2015 has been a very bumpy ride for me so I'm looking forward to the New Year for a fresh start. What I will say is that I have had a totally magical Christmas just me and Mum with our cat in our new home and it has been total perfection. I thought about continuing my Blogmas posts on Christmas day and after Christmas but Christmas is such a special and magical time I wanted to keep the memories just for us. 

Yesterday I had a very special day and outing which I thought I would share. Months and months ago me and Mum thought we would treat ourselves and had a spontaneous splurge and purchased a couple of tickets to see the Jersey Boys in London Piccadilly Theatre. Going to see a musical has aways been a treat for me and we aim to go once a year although this year I have felt very spoilt and we have gone twice. 

Life is never simple and Southern Rail being the efficient service they are decided that they wanted to do rail servicing over the Christmas period. Brilliant. Polegate trains are never on time yet they were now to be expecting to take two and a half hours with rail changes and a replacement bus service. Eww. Not to be defeated my Mum came up with an alternative getting an Uckfield line which was cheaper, quicker and more direct. The trains were nice and empty and quiet and it's the first train I've been on to play music. Even the tube lines from London Bridge were quiet, clean and spacious it was the most relaxed journey I have had in a long time. We treated ourselves to a coffee and snowy road bites from Costa for the journey and enjoyed the beautiful winter countryside. The toilets were even cheaper in London Bridge; it's the little things in life that count. 




We hopped on the Jubilee line to the Baker Loo line and got off at Regents Park for a gorgeous winter walk in the park where we walked around the gardens. You could feel the warmth of the sun on your back it was gorgeous. The park was so quiet and we saw some gorgeous snow white police horses. I think Regents Park may be one of my favourite London Parks. 

I don't know how it started but it has always been a tradition of ours to go to Pizza Express for Lunch or Dinner before going to the theatre. We found a Pizza Express along Baker Street which was decorated beautifully with Christmas decorations. We had a cheeky glass of Prosecco; well why not it's Christmas. We both had a goats cheese, red onion, black olive and spinach pizza which was heaven. All of my favourite foods on a pizza, boom. They also gave us vouchers and free chocolates at the end and any restaurant that gives you free chocolates is a winner in my eyes. 

Seeing as we had time and we were in Baker Street we thought it would be very fitting to pop along to 221b Baker Street for a cheeky photo. Spontaneous decision or what. 


We were treated to a Nespresso machine for Christmas by my Gran which is incredible as we are both massive coffee lovers so we thought we could proudly return to the Nespresso shop as Nespresso owners. We purchased a couple of the limited edition varieties which included an Amaretti one. We then found an amazing health food shop which we went a little crazy in with the most random purchases from candles to cereal bars, chocolates and a grapefruit. Best not to ask on that one. 

It was then time to head to the Jersey Boys which looked so pretty decorated with the Christmas lights. The performance was incredible. I previously didn't know anything about the Jersey Boys so it was really interesting to learn their stories. The performance was so slick and I was amazed by how many songs I recognised; many I never knew that they were responsible for. We were so lucky with our seats I felt so posh sitting in the centre of the front row of the Grande Circle. Mum even treated us to an ice-cream during the interval I felt so civilised. I had a Strawberry one which was so refreshing and Mum opted for a Stem Ginger one. I can't remember the last time I had ice-cream at the theatre it felt like such a luxury. 


Both buzzing from our day we headed home and curled up on the sofa in our pyjamas and watched Made In Chelsea New Year Special with some marmite on toast. Perfect. 

XXX







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...