Friday 1 January 2016

2015 Favourites

Hello my lovelies and a Happy New Year to you all. I cannot believe it is now 2016, it only seems like yesterday I was sat here last year typing away saying exactly the same thing for the start of 2015. A new year and a new start I am really excited for 2016 and hoping it will be a good year. Rather then going out like most 19 year olds, instead this one decided to stay in with a large box of Hotel Chocolate chocolates (white of course), light some candles, pyjamas, have a lush bath bomb and curl up on the sofa her Mum and her cat and watch Home Alone 2. Heaven. Let's just say 19 going on 90 and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Instead of writing a monthly favourites post seeing as it's the New Year I thought I would do the same as last year and write a favourites post for the whole of 2015. Testing my memory I can tell you that now. I've narrowed it down to my top 10 for you all:



The Body Shop Glazed Apple Collection
Christmas 2014 saw the introduction of the Glazed Apple range from the body shop which I was and still very much am obsessed with. I remember my Mum asking me the previous year what I wanted for Christmas and simply replying with just 'Glazed Apple'. I adore the scent of fresh apples combined with sweet sherbet, I think I'm definitely more of a sweet and fruity girl rather then the floral scents. I have loved working my way through endless amounts of products from the Glazed Apple range over 2015 and all of my Christmas's were answered again this year when it returned for 2015. How can it only be limited edition I don't know but a whole lot of bulk buying is definitely required. Yet again the first thing on my Christmas list to my Mum for this year was The Body Shop limited edition Christmas ranges. All three scents were very much suited to me: Glazed apple, frosted cranberry and frosted plum - sweet and fruity all I could ask for. I feel very lucky indeed to have had my supplies stocked up once again after Christmas which I am hugely grateful for. Glazed Apple will always be my favourite scent. I still haven't forgiven The Body Shop for not bringing their limited edition Gingerbread scent back but theres always Christmas 2016 - fingers crossed.



Garnier Ultimate Blends Shampoo And Conditioner 
In 2015 I discovered the Garnier hair care ranges which I fell in love with. Previously I would find it hard to find a shampoo/conditioner and fall in love with it. The only change I incorporate into my hair care routine is which Garnier product to use. My two favourite collections are the Sleek and Strength restorers. The Sleek restorer is great for getting rid of frizz and mad out of control hair which I am a pro at displaying. It leaves my hair feeling really soft and shiny for a long time and I've noticed it doesn't seem to me to get as greasy as quickly. It has an amazing coconut scent which I adore as it is known that I love coconut. I think coconut oil is also meant to be really beneficial and nourishing for your hair as some people put raw coconut oil on their hair. The strength restorer also smells amazing with a sweet honey and vanilla scent. The fact it contains royal jelly and honey is also quite exciting to me. Hair care is very important to me and seeing that I straighten my hair I am always conscious that I am damaging my hair so any product claiming to nourish and restore any dull and damaged locks is a winner in my eyes. Similar to the Sleek restorer my hair always feels really soft after using this range and I do feel that it looks less damaged. After discovering Garnier I wouldn't use any other brand now.



The Body Shop Body Sorbets 
I brought some of these in 2014 yet it was 2015 I become obsessed with these. A Body Sorbet is a lot lighter then a body butter or body lotion. It has a more oily formulation and it is packed full of air bubbles which melt into your skin to restore moisture. I loved using these over the summer almost as an aftersun lotion to prevent my skin from peeling and keeping it well moisturised. I have got through endless tubes of these including: Strawberry, Mango and Virgin Mojito and I am now currently starting on my next tube of Satsuma which sounded very festive to me. Even throughout winter I have continued to use these twice a day. For me they are a cheat's secret weapon to moisturising as they instantly dissolve into your skin so your not left naked unable to move or get dressed for an hour whilst your moisturiser sinks in.



The Body Shop Tea Tree Squeaky-clean Scrub
Let's be honest no one likes having spots and I have found this to be a two in one product for me. It is designed as a facial exfoliator yet the tea tree range is also good at reducing spots and breakouts. I exfoliate my face once a week using these and I love the tea tree scent as it always leaves my skin feeling really fresh and awake after using it. Very similar to that feeling you get after using Aloe Vera products. I try to exfoliate my face every Saturday just so I get into a routine and I don't forget. I also find if I happen to be displaying a few spots after using this they seem to disappear almost the next day and it was originally recommended as a good exfoliator to use if you are prone to spots. I love using this exfoliator and I feel I am really benefiting my skin from using it getting any dirt, dead skin cells and make-up out of my pores. My skin always feels really soft after using it, it seems like a very good way to start the week.



Enhancing Serum Base By Noxidoxi 
I received this product in my July Glossybox and I instantly fell in love with it. I have never used a serum before but now I have started I won't stop. I apply this in the mornings after washing my face with a facial scrub and before applying moisturiser. It always leaves my skin feeling really soft after using it ready to apply my make-up. I think it's also meant to be very beneficial for your skin as it is packed full of anti-oxidants. I'll be honest I'm not 100% sure of the science behind this but what I do know is that after using it once I have used it every day since.



Cheeky Sweet Spot By Benefit 
I was lucky enough to receive this as a Christmas present in 2014 from my Mum. It was something that I instantly fell in love with and was right up there on my Christmas list. Benefit is one of my all time favourite make-up brands. The majority of their products seem to suit my skin and complexion and I love the fun and quirky packaging. Thinking about it I use at least one of their products every single day. This palette contains my all time favourite bronzer (Benefit Hoola) which is the best bronzer for contouring with. It is accompanied by five gorgeous blushers: Dandelion, Bella Bamba, Sugarbomb, Coralista and Rockateur which are all gorgeous. If I had to pick a favourite it would be Rockateur as I feel the rose gold tones suit my naturally pink cheeks, dark hair and green eyes. Yet it is perfect to have all five for endless looks suiting every season. I also adore the Benefit Watt's Up! highlighter. For me personally Benefit make the best highlighters. Personal favourites are Watt's Up! and Highbeam. Watt's Up! is a gorgeous shimmery champagne gold which looks gorgeous above your cheek bones. I adore this palette and use it everyday that I want to make an effort with my make-up. I wouldn't be without it and it is very suited to me. The cute sweet shop packaging is also adorable. I would say it is very handy for travelling as it contains every thing that you need for your cheek make-up.



Eyeshadow Palette By MUA
I received this quite recently in my last November Glossybox. Although I have never used an MUA eyeshadow palette before I knew I would fall in love with this one and what can I say I did. The palette contains 12 different eyeshadows in a range of matte and shimmer shades which are highly pigmented. The palette is perfect for me as they are all nude shades ranging in browns, golds, pinks and rose gold shades. The only two shadows I wouldn't use are the two blue ones yet that is only because I don't think blue eyeshadows suit my green eyes, I think they leave me looking slightly psychotic. MUA is a really affordable highstreet brand and they produce a massive range of eyeshadow palettes to suit every look and occasion. If you are starting out with make-up then this would be the perfect palette to use as one palette will leave you with endless possibilities of different looks and styles. I have found my self practically using this every day since when I first tried it, especially over this Christmas and New Year.



They're Real Mascara By Benefit
Let me introduce you to the best mascara in the world. I was lucky enough to receive this last Christmas as a gift from my Mum. I have never been a mascara fanatic before as I have found pretty much every mascara to have the same effect on my eye lashes I didn't understand how people got excited by different ones until I tried this one. It's hard to describe or put into words the difference that this mascara makes to my eyes. It instantly lengthens, thickens and volumises my lashes with one stroke yet they still look natural. It has such a dramatic effect on my lashes I barely need to apply any mascara so I think this will last me a hell of a long time. I want to write a separate blog post on this mascara as it is just so good. After using this mascara I won't use any other unless it get's discontinued which it better not or there will be a whole lot of trouble.



The Body Shop Vitamin E Face Mask
This is the last Body Shop product I promise, I realise that I have gone a little Body Shop OTT in this post but what can I say they do produce amazing products.  This is a face mist/spray that I spray onto my face after applying my make-up. I find it helps my make-up last longer and it gives my face a natural shine to it. Not oily just a shine. As I have very oily skin I use a matte foundation and powder so the spray just makes my make-up look more natural and less cakey if that makes any sense. It also contains beneficial vitamins for your skin and restores moisture throughout the day. Another product that I wouldn't be without.



Gelly Nail Polish Range By Barry M - Blood Orange And Coconut 
I have always been a mahoosive fan of the Barry M nail polishes. They do an amazing range of colours more then you could possibly need or dream of. They last a long time and have a great finish to them yet they are cheap and affordable. The dream nail polish. I will chose these over many a high end expensive nail polish. The gelly range is my favourite collection that they produce. They are of a slightly thicker formulation and they have an incredible amount of shine to them. You don't need a top coat with these. My collection is continually growing and I have used a whole range of shades over 2015 it is physically impossible for me to pick just one favourite. So instead I have thought about the ones that I have used the most. Over Summer I defiantly used Coconut the most. It is a gorgeous warm white shade that looks amazing against my skin when it is more tanned. I love pale pastels over the Spring/Summer months. Over Winter and particularly recently I have been wearing a lot of red nail polish. The one that I turn to the most is definitely Blood Orange which is a pillar box red shade from the original collection. Simple yet a classic. I love darker berry shades for Autumn and Winter and red is just such a festive colour. I know I have loved these for years and will continue to into 2016 and years to follow afterwards.

So there you have it my lovelies - my 2015 favourite products. Let me know in the comments what your favourite products were.

A mahoosive Happy New Year to you all my lovelies! Let's hope 2016 is a gooden.

XXX



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...