Sunday 20 December 2015

Blogmas Day 20 - All Wrapped And Ready To Go And Gingerbread House Success




5 more sleeps to go, 5 more sleeps till Santa. I've had the Heart FM Christmas jingle in my head all day today that they used to play in the mornings that I would hear on the school bus on the way to school. I can't believe that we are into the twenties now the time is whizzing by and my Thorntons advent calendar is feeling very empty.

I've had such a productive day today I'm currently feeling a great sense of accomplishment. This morning me and my Mum had the mother of all wrapping up sessions. We shut ourselves away in separate rooms and wrapped up each others Christmas presents. This took over 3 hours, yes a whole 3 hours and more of my life dedicated to wrapping up. Heaven! I personally love wrapping up presents. I find it so satisfying seeing all of the presents together and looking at them and thinking yes that was a good buy. I had Christmas music, Christmas lights and a Christmas candle and it was sheer perfection. My Mum handed me a coffee through the door and I covered presents in blankets and bags to let her escape to go to the toilet but we made it work. Smudge loved the whole experience and was running around chatting to himself and stomping over all of the presents.

After lunch we went for another gorgeous walk on the downs, perfect for a Sunday afternoon.

We returned and made the house all Christmasy and cosy; curtains shut, lights on, candle lit and Christmas music playing - boom! We then had a second attempt at our gingerbread house. Praise the Lord our make-shift supports for the roof using moisturiser bottles and tubs worked and the icing had set and the house felt solid and secure. This meant that we could do the fun part of decorating the house. I'm not the most artistic of people yet I really enjoyed releasing my inner creative side. I loved doing this with Mum as we've never made one before. I'm hoping it will turn into a tradition and we'll make one every year. I want to admire it yet at the same time I'm dying to eat it so at least we have the pictures to remember it by.

All I have planned for tonight is another cosy night in watching Christmas TV. The Christmas radio times is highlighted and the TV recorder is programmed so I'm all ready to go. Enjoy your Sunday evening's my lovelies and get ready for that last little push before Christmas. 5 days we can do this.

XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...