Tuesday 1 December 2015

Blogmas Day 1 - November Favourites 2015



Hello my lovelies and welcome to the 1st of December - finally it is here the Christmas countdown can begin. Although talking of Christmas countdowns I have been getting excited since September with the excitement level growing stronger and stronger everyday. I am feeling really organised this year, so far I've got Christmas candles, cards, crackers, paper, ribbon, wreath, a build your own gingerbread house kit, an ickle robbin for my chocolate yule log, christmas nails, gingerbread cutters, advent calendars, we have ordered our duck, sausages and bacon and I have already brought a whole load of Christmas presents. I'm sure theres still more Christmas things achieved that I have forgotten to include in that long list but I am feeling so organised this year it is so satisfying. I couldn't hold off until December for the Christmas music, that has been on full blast in my car for a couple of weeks now accompanied by some dodgy singing and dancing.

Getting a little side tracked but Christmas is honestly my favourite time of year. Most people hate the long old build up but I personally thrive off it. I cannot wait to wrap up presents and get the Christmas tree and house decorated. I love buying presents for others I get a real enjoyment from it I find it hard to restrain myself from spending all my money. Side tracked again - sorry!

Turning to monthly favourites I have a bit of a random list for you all this month.

Lord Of Misrule Shower Cream By Lush
When it comes to Autumn/Winter I am a sucker for Lush. I manage to incorporate a Lush product into my day every single day over the cold months which is something that I am quite proud of. When I had a little Halloween splurge at the Lush store I was so happy to see the return of the Lord of Misrule bath bomb which was my favourite bath bomb from the Halloween collection last year. I was even more pleased to see that it was also accompanied by a shower cream version. Thank you Lush. This means the earthy scent can be continued in the bathroom for a longer period which pleases me immensely. I would describe this as an earthy, woody scent which I would usually avoid yet I personally love this. It is the total opposite to my usual sweet and fruity preferences yet I'm slightly addicted to it. It's a gorgeous emerald green colour which brings back so many happy memories of when I went to see Wicked in London for my 16th. It also leaves my skin feeling really soft afterwards and smelling like a Lush shop so it's a win, win with me.

La Palette Nude Rose Eyeshadow By L'Oreal 

I picked this up from Tunbridge Wells a couple of months ago and I have been a little obsessed with it ever since; I use it practically everyday. There are two palettes in their new range and I picked up the one in 01 Rose which is packed full of 10 nude rose gold eyeshadows. What more could you ask for in an eyeshadow palette? I personally love nude eyeshadows and I am slightly on the nervous side to bold colours. Having green eyes myself I find the rose gold element compliments my eyes as the pink and the green clash which draws attention to your eyes. The palette consists of a golden highlighter, five rose gold nudes, a gold, a grey, a navy and purple. I love all the different ranges as it allows you to create various eyeshadow looks that can be worn with various make-up looks for an everyday or evening look. The list of possibilities is endless. They are really pigmented and blend really nicely together. They also last a long time on your eyelid so you get a good colour pay off. I would recommend this as a good dupe for the Urban Decay Naked 3 eyeshadow palette. I know I will continue to love and use this palette all year round.

Candy Corn Candle By Yankee Candle
I don't think I have included a candle in a monthly favourites post before but this is was in a whole league of it's own it has definitely earn it's place. I am a huge sucker for candles - I buy and own way too many, how I'll ever burn them all I don't know but I'm sure there are worse things that you can be addicted to. I have had a reputation at work for buying too many candles which I'm proud to live up to. I brought this candle from the Ashford Outlet where there is a Yankee Candle store - yes that's right my lovelies a store full of Yankee Candles. Candle Addicts Anonymous anyone? Yankee Candle brought out two scents for Halloween: Candy Corn and I believe the other one was a grey candle called Witches Brew. I was instantly drawn to Candy Corn in the orange glass jar and oh my the smell is incredible. If you love sweet scents then you will have loved this candle. At the time I didn't know what candy corns were but a little trip to Google informed me that they are American Sweets. As I said if you like sweet vanilla scents then this would have been right up your street. I'm not a fan of the vanilla cupcake scent from Yankee Candle it's too overpowering for me yet Candy Corn is more gentle on the nose. If it wasn't for the Halloween jar I wouldn't have known that it was designed to be a Halloween candle as I could quite happily burn the scent all year round. I got so much use out of the candle it has certainly done it's bit. I've kept the jar as I thought I would bring it out again next year and light a tea light inside as it looked so effective on the fireplace. I really hope this scent returns to us next Halloween as it is a new favourite of mine.

Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Daily Scrub By Neutrogena 
This isn't a new product in my skin care routine however, I have found it to be essential over the last couple of weeks. Last week I had my first winter cold of this year which resulted in an outbreak of spots on my chin. This was really frustrating as up till now I have been quite lucky with my skin however I knew my luck would soon run out. I remember one morning coming downstairs and saying I feel 'spotty, snotty and grotty' - gross. Too much information I know. The Neutrogena daily face scrub is designed to clean your skin and remove any dirt and impurities. I use this every morning and it's just a nice way to start the day. Since using it I have also found that my spots tend to clear up a lot quicker which seems to be essential over the winter months when everyone is ill and feeling run down. My favourite scent from the collection is the pink grapefruit one as I just find it feels really refreshing and it's a good way to wake up in the morning I would highly recommend it especially if like me you are prone to or conscious of spots.

Face Masks By Sephora
When I went to Paris in October I discovered Sephora with my Mum and these amazing face masks. They are so easy to use, they are basically a cloth face mask that you stick to your face, put your feet up and have a giggle at how ridiculous you look for 15 minutes then whip off the mask and feel the benefits soaking into your skin. You apply these to a pre-cleansed face and once you have removed the mask all you have to do is massage in the remaining moisture, tone and moisturise your face. These were really cheap and there are so many to chose from that all benefit your skin in different ways. It's so hard to chose I would personally recommend buying one of each but that's probably not the most economical thing to do. Whilst in Paris on the Saturday night we tried the honey mask and it was honestly incredible. Afterwards our skin felt smooth, glowing, healthy and nourished. It even felt smoother then that amazing feeling you get from using a face scrub to exfoliate your skin. I think these masks are packed full of goodness. These are perfect for giving your skin that added boost over the colder months for healthy, glowing and clear skin over Christmas. Unfortunately we don't have a Sephora store in the UK so we stocked up in Paris. Since returning we have worked our way through a batch of the honey masks. We now only have two masks left which saddens me deeply. The last two masks consist of the pink Lotus mask which claims to be moisturising and soothing and the red Pomegranate mask which is supposed to be energising with anti-fatigue effects. I'm thinking the Pomegranate mask will come in perfect for getting ready for a work Christmas do.

Thank you for reading this blog post my lovelies. I would love to know what have been your favourite products to use over November. Also, let me know if you have tried any of these products and what you thought of them. Aside from beauty I have also been loving the famous return of I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here and anything Christmas related. My Mum and I have created a tradition that every Black Friday we do the majority of our Christmas shopping. To be honest I had done a load already but I can boldly and proudly shout that 'I have finished my Christmas Shopping'! We had a lovely day shopping in Tunbridge Wells with multiple Costa trips which consisted of some amazing gingerbread, cream and sparkle lattes and the cutest ginger bread muffin. I am so obsessed with my coffee shops at the moment. I hope you are all feeling festive and have your advent calendars at the ready, a very big and hearty merry 1st of December to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...