Friday 4 December 2015

Blogmas Day 4 - A Mother And Daughter Day Out To Brighton


Hello my lovelies. If you have followed my blog for a long time then you will know last December I wrote a series of episodes on my blog called Blogmas which involved me uploading a blog post everyday throughout December. This year however time is honestly racing ahead I can't keep up with it. Although I'm feeling super organised I still feel that time is running out. I've decided this year to only upload a blog post on days that I do something festive. On other days during the week you will either find me at work or sat at home doing my uni work. Neither of which would make very exciting or festive blog posts for you to read about. Although working in a garden centre does make me feel very festive but it still wouldn't make interesting reading for you all.

I've started this series in December yet I have still done so much Christmas prep before hand. I have had endless Christmas shopping trips. I'm pretty sure I started back in September when I brought my Christmas cards from Next. I have loved spending hours scanning the shops with my Mum, my Gran and friends. It has turned into a tradition for every black Friday for me and my Mum to do the majority of our Christmas shopping and bulk buy presents it's so fun and festive I now look forward to it every year. Previously this would occur in Newbury when we lived in Oxfordshire but since moving to Sussex our new location for this mass spending spree is Tunbridge Wells. If black Friday occurred in December I would of written a blog post on it as it just looked so Christmasy and I loved it so much.

Me and my Mum decided to treat ourselves to a girly day out in Brighton as it is a rarity that we both have a day off together during the week. In fact it never happens. Usually we would go by train but this time we took the plunge and drove and it was so much easier then we expected I thought it would be terrifying but in fact it was incredibly easy. This also meant we could do a bit more Christmas shopping as we had the excuse of making endless trips back to the car to dump bags. Brighton was so quiet it was heaven, I have never known it to be so quiet. It was so nice having space to be able to look around the shops and think without feeling addled. Seeing as it was a Friday and three weeks till Christmas I thought it would be heaving.

We were so proud of ourselves for driving which was accompanied by some very loud and dodgy Christmas singing we treated ourselves to coffee and cake in Costa. Coffee and cake is our mother and daughter time ritual and the fact all of our favourite coffee shops (Costa, Starbucks and Cafe Nero) have all their festive limited edition ranges out we have decided to try the entire Christmas range, something we our working our way through very efficiently may I add. We are so obsessed I might have to write a blog post on all the different ones that we have tried after Christmas. Any fellow coffee lovers will appreciate this I'm sure. Cafe Nero and Starbucks are complete boom, we are now working our way through Costa which we are half way through so far. For Brighton we opted for Salted Caramel Cappuccinos and the Salted Caramel Brownie - bliss. Both were amazing and involved chocolate, caramel and glitter, what more could you ask for?


Caffeine intake topped up it was time to hit the shops. We tackled the shops in Churchill Square first which involved a combination of private shopping for each other and some for others that we could do together. Whilst in Topshop I picked up a couple of t-shirts and a jumper as you can never have too many. Whilst in the cue those pesky add on sales hit me and I found the cutest reindeer neckless and some white chocolate peanut butter cups which I simply couldn't resist. I'm a sucker for white chocolate. We also brought some presents for family members before heading to HMV to get more Christmas DVDs. We have so many now we are well stocked up. A lunch break was needed in Costa - I would highly recommend the Brie, Bacon and Cranberry panini, a festive twist on the all time classic everybody can enjoy this one. We carried on shopping after dumping one load of shopping in the car and we stocked up on a couple of items from Lakeland and WHSmiths. We found some new boardgames to try over Christmas as it's our family tradition to play board games over Christmas. I also found the most gorgeous gold glittery notebook that I have turned into my Christmas journal that I will use every year. It will include lists of cards and presents to buy and received, to do lists and fun festive memories from each year, I love it so much. I also had a cheeky splurge in Hollister where I found a gorgeous festive cream jumper yet it's one you could still wear throughout winter not just at Christmas. I also found my Christmas jumper for this year which is red and it has 'Merry and Bright' written on it, ahh I'm officially in love with it. I just love having the time to look around the shops which are all Christmasy such as Debenhams, you don't have to buy anything but there is no harm in looking.


More shopping saw yet another trip back to the car - oops.

Hands free now we decided to have a little winter walk along the beach. It was gorgeous weather - blue sky, sun and no wind it seemed rude not to really. I find the sea so calming and relaxing so it was nice to be able to enjoy it without one of these hurricanes trying to blow you to pieces or up North to Manchester or Scotland.




We then decided to pop to the lanes which are my favourite part to Brighton. They are so cute and quirky and have everything you could possibly need. I love looking in all of the expensive designer shops and as it was so quiet you felt you could really enjoy it. We did have the odd cheeky treat and spending splurge but I still think we were well controlled with our dignity still in tact. We passed the Angel Food Bakery who do the best cupcakes and seeing as Mum had never tried one before we felt we had to really. We had to have a Christmas cupcake obviously and we opted for these amazing vanilla Christmas trees. Just look at the gorgeous decorations with the metallic gold, silver, blue, pink and green balls. It was heaven!


A third trip was needed back to the car but as the light began to fade and the Christmas lights turned on it was feeling very festive. It left you with that warm and cosy feeling inside. We walked through the Royal Pavilion which was all lit up and looking very Christmasy with the ice-skating. We also saw the cutest squirrel in the park, I'm not sure why but it somehow reminds me of Christmas.




I had such a lovely day out with my Mum it was such a treat so thank you for spoiling me Mum! I love the first picture of us both together I think it's crazy how more and more alike we are starting to look. To sum up the festive day I would describe it as simply Magical!

XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...