Saturday 12 December 2015

Blogmas Day 12 - The Tree Is Up!


Hello my Lovelies and welcome to Blogmas Day 12. I cannot believe how quickly Christmas is coming, although I'm feeling super organised I still feel that it is creeping up on me very quickly which isn't a bad thing I suppose. Something very exciting has happened. The three is up! Decorating the Christmas tree is one of if not my favourite things to do before Christmas and this year I feel so organised that it is up and it is only the 12th of December. I know many will have put their tree up weeks ago however previous years buying the tree was always a bit of a last minute job that was done after I'd broken up from school for Christmas during the last weekend before Christmas at around the 19th of December. My Mum used to justify this to me in the fact she felt sorry for the last trees to be chosen so she wanted to chose one of them; this does not sit well with a six year old Ellie or a sixteen year old at that as well. So the fact our tree is up makes me so happy as we now have a full 25 days to enjoy it. I'm not one to hoot my own trumpet but I think between me and my Mum we have done a pretty good job.


The day started off with our weekend Saturday shopping trip to Lewes which of course wouldn't be complete without a heavenly Costa coffee treat. As I mentioned in a previous post we have been very dedicated to trying the entire Christmas ranges from Starbucks, Cafe Nero and Costa. Now let me tell you Coffee wise we are now complete, it is just the hot chocolates and odd lunch and cake to go but I'm sure we can manage that. Our last coffee to try was the Tiramisu Latte and I personally recon that we saved one of the best till last. The latte contained a Tiramisu syrup and was topped with chocolate cream and silver glitter icing sugar that looked like snow leaving a very pretty glittery coffee to finish. This heaven in a cup was accompanied by a Caramel Cookie Stacker - hello to you my friend. Chocolate chip cookie topped with caramel cookie dough which was then topped with a thick milk chocolate layer. Hands up I am a massive chocolate and caramel fan so this was sheer perfection. For those of you now dribbling you may want to grab a tissue before you finish off your reading. This coffee break was incredible. My Mum makes the best Tiramisu pudding it's a staple in our family that is always requested at Christmas so this was a very festive drink for us. I will definitely be writing a coffee post once our challenge has been completed for those of you who are interested.

We then headed off to our local Garden Centre where we purchased our Christmas tree and some festive Christmas house plants. The tree is the perfect size for the corner in our sitting room it is the perfect tree for us. After lunch in the garden centre we finally managed to get a winter walk on the Downs which was heaven after weeks of being defeated by numerous hurricanes that only seem to pop up at weekends - typical. Although Desmond decided to make a u-turn we were not defeated and it was a gorgeous walk.

Our walk was followed by mass decoration. I've put some fairy lights around my bed, I did want to get a warm gold shade but I'm actually quite liking the multi-coloured stars instead.


Our Christmas cushions are now out.


Cinammon pot pourri is now out in our red dish. I believe we got this from Laura Ashley and it is called Mulled Spice. The gold looks very fitting in our sitting room where our colour scheme is composed of red, brown and gold. I'm a sucker for spicy scents this year so I'm loving the cinnamon, cloves, vanilla, almonds and oranges. It looks and smells like Christmas especially with the pine and fir cones.


We have also dangled our fir cone garland around the banister which are decorated with gold glitter.


I'm not sure what to call this but we've also done our berry and fir cone display. This is composed of twigs, berries and frosted coated fir cones which look nice and festive in the tall red vase. It makes an appearance every year. You can purchase these from supermarkets or I would recommend looking at Garden Centres as well.


From the Garden Centre we also purchased two Christmas house plants. We brought a white Christmas cacti to accompany our dark pink one from previous years. This was also the case as we had a spare pot from when my cat decided it would be a clever idea to jump on a Begonia plant - it wasn't a good idea. We also brought a white hyacinth plant for our sitting room in a golden basket. It fits our colour scheme and I think white plants always look very pure, gentle and effective. White as snow for Christmas. Fairy lights have been our theme for this year so we managed to find some golden beaded fairy lights that we have woven around the cabinet. I'm a sucker for Christmas lights and candles I just love seeing the house lit up by these as supposed to normal lighting, it's very comforting indeed. If it gets colder we'll be able to light our fire which I'm very excited about indeed.



Of course the decoration wouldn't have been complete without decorating our tree. Of course we have stuck with our traditional theme of red, brown and gold with warm gold lights. Very traditional but very festive. It's just perfect for the three of us and our house and I couldn't be more chuffed by it. I love gazing at it. The presents will look perfect underneath on Christmas day. Whilst our mass decoration was going on we had Christmas music and candles lit it was just perfect. I may do a completed house tour before Christmas featuring all of our Christmas decorations. My cat also enjoyed it madly running around. I'll give it one more day before he attempts to climb the tree and breaks dozens of decorations. Who knows you may see a different theme on the tree by the end of Christmas or a very naked twig, we shall soon find out.



XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...