Thursday 24 December 2015

Blogmas Day 24 - The Night Before Christmas



Hello my lovelies and a Happy Christmas Eve to you all! I can't believe it we are almost there only one more sleep to go. I have really enjoyed writing Blogmas again this year it's almost therapeutic typing away about my day. I might be spontaneous and carry it on after Christmas for the rest of December as I am a great believer that Christmas isn't just on the 25th but I like to appreciate it and make it last for as long as possible. Who knows we shall soon find out. I don't think I will write a post on Christmas day as that's a very special day but perhaps I'll update you all on Boxing Day who knows.

After finishing my blog post last night I curled up on the sofa and watched my all time favourite Christmas film - The Greatest Store In The World. I have watched this every year ever since I was little so it holds so many childhood memories for me, it is a very special film for me with great sentiment. I then did my Christmas Nails which are by Elegant Touch and they are called Christmas Jumper. This year I used a nail glue as supposed to tabs and it is so much easier and quicker I would highly recommend using nail glue. I love the design and I can't stop staring at my nails I'm tickled pink with them.



This morning me and Mum finished the last of our Christmas decorations. We put greenery above the dresser and mantle pieces which consisted of holly, ivy and berries. We also dangled decorations for the festive touch continuing our traditional red and gold theme.



We then went to my Gran and Grandad's house to exchange presents before Christmas. My Gran had provided macaroons and almond cakes which were gorgeous and very moorish. I would love to attempt baking both of these. It was so sweet they know I love candles and had gone candle crazy and lit candles all around the living room. This was even more pleasing by the fact my Gran had chosen one of my favourite candle scents ever. We indulged on our goodies and had a good old catch up and a right old laugh with coffee. I was treated to one of my favourites of a Vanilla Coffee from my Gran's Nespresso machine. I wish we had time to do this more often so I will make the most of it over Christmas. I do love them to pieces and I feel me and my Mum have a very strong bond with them especially from living with them for a year.






We got back and put all of our Christmas presents under the tree which is a family tradition for Christmas Eve. I can't believe it, it feels like Christmas is almost here now. Another family tradition of ours is for me and Mum to open our Christmas cards to each other on Christmas Eve. My Mum gave me beautiful cards with a gorgeous message which really touched me and even chocked me a little. My Mum is so special to me she's my best friend and I love her to pieces.

Me and Mum went for a gorgeous walk on the Downs after lunch which consisted of a gorgeous couscous and blue cheese salad that we created together. Another family Christmas tradition of ours is a Christmas Eve walk. We were so, so lucky with the weather we thought it would be windy and rainy with this weeks hurricane featuring hurricane Eva yet instead we had a gorgeous, sunny winter walk.


We got back and put the last of our fairy lights up in the sitting room and prepped the table ready for tomorrow. So that is it I think we are all set now. We are going to chill out with a gorgeous butternut squash and spinach risotto and indulge in some Christmas TV with some chocolate. I can't believe our advent chocolates are practically finished they feel so light and empty now. I hope you all have a magical evening and Christmas my lovelies. It's weird to think that for some of you reading this it is now Christmas Day. The last thing to say to you all is Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! With lot's of love,
In Her Own Little World

XXX



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...