Saturday 19 December 2015

Blogmas Day 19 - Gingerbread House Fail



Hello my lovelies, 6 days to go now, who else is on countdown? Today was the last Saturday before Christmas and it went by like a flash. When I was little, the days seemed to really drag in December. I would be so excited for Christmas each day felt like a year. I am just as equally as excited yet I feel I can't keep up the days which are flying by. Even though I'm really organised I don't feel it. Maybe it has something to do with working rather then going to school I don't know.

Me and my Mum both had a lovely girly morning in Lewes having our hair cuts. My ends were feeling so dry and damaged I find it so satisfying to see them all cut off and to have a good old tidy up. Whilst Mum had her hair cut I did the last big food shop before Christmas and forgot the bananas damn it. I then wondered around the Christmas markets and listened to a local band playing Christmas carols. You can't beat hearing the Christmas carols it really warms me inside and childhood memories at Christmas come flooding back.

Mum treated us to Costa for lunch, we have tried all but one of the Christmas drinks now and all of the lunches are complete. Today we tried the 'Pigs in Blanket' panini which was so satisfying I loved it. Needing a chocolate fix I chose us the Caramel Fudge hot chocolates and the Chocolate Cake for pudding. Just look at the gold glitter on both, Costa have certainly gone to town on their decorations this year. The hot chocolate was incredible as the chocolate lattice melts into your drink it makes it feel really luxurious and indulgent with thick chocolate oozing down your drink, yes please thank you very much so kindly to you. It went very well with the chocolate cake too may I add which was gorgeous, light and very chocolaty. What more could you want? Is it naughty having two Costa's in two days? Nah it's Christmas and the time for indulgence.

In the afternoon we went for a gorgeous winter walk on the downs - heaven. We then came back and started to attempt to make our gingerbread house that we brought from John Lewis. All going smoothly except we were having major construction issues with our roof that kept slipping. After thinking we would be standing there all night holding the house and waiting for the roof to set we propped it up and left it in the downstairs bathroom over night, crossed our fingers and quickly ran out and shut the door. Neither of us have been to check on it since, we're both too scared.

We made a really cosy dinner together which was really fun. I love cooking and baking I find it very therapeutic. We baked a mushroom, leek and chestnut pie together which was a Jamie Oliver recipe. Me and my Mum snuggled on the sofa with Smudge (our cat) and watched Home Alone which is a really Christmas classic. It was the perfect night in together.

XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...