Saturday 5 December 2015

Blogmas Day 5 - Christmas Shopping Is Complete


Hello my lovelies and welcome to the second Blogmas post for 2015 - such fun! This Saturday I can loudly and proudly say that my Christmas shopping is complete. Yes I feel very smug about this and I don't care. I popped into Lewes with my Mum where we did a big monthly shop stocking up ready for Christmas. Between us we both had loads of money off vouchers and we saved so much money, between us we must have saved over £50 in one day, not bad. We both did the last of our private Christmas shopping and we are officially done - boom. I couldn't think of a better reward then a Costa trip. If you read yesterday's post then you will know we are working our way through the entire Christmas menu of all of our favourite coffee shops and we are doing pretty well so far may I add. We tried the Sticky Toffee Latte and if you are ever in need of a sugar fix this is the one to go for. It is honestly dreamy and heavenly. I just wish these weren't limited edition and that you could order the drinks all year round as they are just magic. I personally thought a great accompaniment to this would be the Billionairs tart - chocolate, caramel, maltersers and gold glitter in the form of a tart. No words are needed you just all need to appreciate the picture and that just sums up how amazing it is. Bliss. We then popped to a local garden centre and our farm shop and it wasn't even 12. Boom.



We then attempted a winter walk together but hurricane Desmond or whatever this one is called put a short stop to that so instead we wrote all of our Christmas cards. I never thought we would get the whole lot done but somehow we managed it. Of course we had Christmas music and candles lit to help us through it. My current favourite Christmas candle is one that I saved from last year it is perfection. It's called Festive Cookies which basically smells of cinnamon, vanilla and all things spicy and comforting. If you can get your hands on it I would highly recommend it. It lasts a really long time and diffuses throughout the house it's really comforting. If you do manage to find it let me know where as I would love to get some more of these. I just have a horrible feeling that they have been discontinued. We have also made a start on decorating the house. So far we have our fairy lights and tea lights around the mantle piece, we seem to have a star theme going on. It's so comforting and relaxing to see the mantle piece lit in the evening. I can't wait to have our fire and large Christmas jar candles lit at the bottom. It just makes you feel like you never ever want to leave the house again. It's more comforting then a warm snuggly blanket. Having said that I am currently admiring the fireplace whilst snuggled in a blanket. Who needs nights out when nights in are just so heavenly. Our evening was completed by baking a homemade lasagne together. I love cooking and there's something very rewarding about making food from scratch together. A winter warmer for sure. Saturday night TV and Thorntons Continental Advent Calendars and my evening is complete. Perfect.

Let me know in the comments what you are all getting up to this weekend that's all things Christmasy, merry and festive.


XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...