Saturday 1 August 2015

July Favourites 2015


Good evening my lovelies and a Happy Saturday to you all. Apologies for the lateness of this blog post - I've been working today and had the excitement of moving house today as you do. I can't believe how fast July has flown by, I know I write this pretty much every time I write a favourites post but I can't stress enough how quickly this past month has gone. I feel like I have ticked a great deal off my 'to do' list such as starting a new job, two spontaneous London trips, preparing and moving house. What's weird to think is that we are over half way through the year now which means Autumn is on it's way which usually I dread but I'm determined to enjoy it this year by planning lot's to do making the cold depressing wet weather a little bit less depressing. Just want to throw this out there that I am well aware I have gone off topic now.

Some months I find it really difficult to think of five products that have stood out as particular favourites but this month I have found it really challenging narrowing it down to five. Yet the ones I have chosen stand out as staple summer favourites that I feel will re-appear in a very similar post this time next year.

Honeymania Body Butter By The Body Shop
It couldn't be a monthly favourites post with out products from The Body Shop and this is a staple summer 'fragrance/scent' for me. It was last summer that I discovered the Honey products from The Body Shop and when ever I smell it, it brings back really happy memories of last summer. Last summer was really long for me as I finished my A-levels and once my exams finished I was left with three months of freedom. I also passed my driving test at the start of last summer which meant I could enjoy my new found freedom with my baby (first car). We were so lucky with the weather last summer it was really warm and sunny and it was also when I moved down to East Sussex, started my blog and started working. This rambling does actually have significance as I used the Honey perfume from The Body Shop throughout last summer so when ever I smell it, it brings back really happy memories for me. I love the body butters from The Body Shop as they are thick, luxurious and very moisturising; I feel as if they are feeding so much 'goodness' into my skin when ever I use them. So when I saw the body butter I couldn't refuse it and I have really enjoyed using it this past month. I suffer from dry skin throughout the summer, it sounds gross but it happens to us all but our skin peels in the summer and this body butter is designed for dry skin so I am determined to keep my skin moisturised and the natural tan I am gradually developing for as long as possible. I have never got through a tub of body butter as fast as this one which confirms to me that it has been a firm favourite. Usually it takes me two to three months to get through one pot but this has lasted me for less then a month, whoops. I have now even greater happy associations with this scent which means I will have to re-purchase the honey products next summer to allow this to continue, a new beauty tradition has developed.

Coconut Nail Polish By Barry M
This has to be one of my all time favourite nail polishes. I discovered this baby last summer and it has re-appeared as a firm favourite this year. Previously I never liked white nail polish but my opinion of this changed last summer when there was a strong trend for white nail polish. This is an 'off white' shade which is probably another reason I love it as I would describe it as an ivory/warm white shade. I usually alternate my nail polishes but sometimes I get stuck in a routine of using the same ones over and over again and once I wear this one I always get trapped in that loop again. If you have read my blog for a long time you are probably fed up of me going on about how Barry M is really affordable, an amazing quality, and that the gelly nail polishes are a firm favourite formulation of mine. So for once I won't go on about it - but all of these statements are still true. I really like pastel nail colours especially for spring and summer as I find it makes me look more tanned an makes my nails appear more elegant if that's even possible. I just hope Barry M never discontinue this shade as I know that I will always need at least one of these constantly in my collection.

Orchid Nail Polish By Accessorize 
Something that also happened this month was that Accessorize introduced a new make-up range which included some gorgeous nail polishes. Even though I have a draw which is now totally stuffed and crammed excessively of nail polishes I thought it would be rude not to try them. The fact that I only brought one was a huge milestone for me as on every other occasion I would have gone OTT and brought four or five even though I have exactly the same shade by a different brand at home already. I'll put my hands up and admit that I did nearly by two but my Mum brought another shade which hugely pleases me as it might mean that I get to try it - fingers crossed. What instantly attracted me to the nail polishes was the gorgeous packaging. I know it sounds silly but the bottles look gorgeous and they are rose gold so hello yes please thank you so kindly so to you. They are the sort of things I would buy purely to have as a decoration in my room. What makes all this even ten times better is that they are also really good nail polishes. They are pigmented and last a long time, mine lasted over a week without chipping which is incredible for me, I'm still slightly in shock. So if you haven't seen the new range of nail polishes I would highly recommend them, they have a gorgeous range of shades that will cover you for every season.

Colorluxe Powder Blush By Nicka K New York
This was a blusher that I received in a past Glossybox. It is a lose powder blush which usually terrifies me and avoid as how ever careful I am I will end up with far too much and looking as if I have been running a marathon. Yet this has a sponge which you simply just 'dap' onto your cheeks. I find this blusher is really pigmented yet it is instantly blended by the sponge making it look even more natural compared to when blending blusher with a blusher brush. Also, to top it all off it has some rose gold on it - yay. It's also a really pretty shade which I would describe as a pink coral shade and it is one that I would use all year round as I feel as if it suits my skin tone and complexion.

Vitamin E Face Mist By The Body Shop
I had never heard of this before but I discovered it by reading other blog posts raving about it. The face mist is designed to add moisture and vitamins to your face but it can also be used to help set your make-up in place and reduce a powdery/cakey finish to your make-up. As I have an oily skin completion I only use matte foundations and even then I am adding powder to set my foundation in place as I am slightly paranoid about this and I don't want to appear sweaty. Yet at the same time I like the natural glowing effect you get from other foundations which aren't matte and of a liquid formulation. I find this is a good way to achieve this as it adds some moisture to my skin whilst helping to reduce an overly powdered look which I think makes my make-up appear more natural. I simply spray a couple of sprays to my face from a distance after finishing my make-up. Another good thing about this is that it feels very refreshing on the face which is nice during the warmer, humid weather. The fact that there are vitamins in this can't be a bad thing so I would definitely recommend this and re-purchase this. So thats another product from The Body Shop that will become a ritual buy for me meaning there aren't many left which aren't now.

I hope you have enjoyed reading this post and if you are reading this now thank you for persevering and bearing with my rambling to get to the end of this blog post. The amount of times I have written the word 'summer' in this post is way OTT so I apologise to any writers reading this and stressing over this and my bad grammar; English was never my strongest subject at school so I apologise. Let me know in the comments which products you loved using throughout July and if you have tried any of mine what you thought of them. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and I hope August continues to bring happy summer memories to us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...