Sunday 16 August 2015

Banana Pancakes


Good Morning my lovelies and a Happy Sunday to you all! I was feeling very spontaneous this morning and decided for a Sunday morning treat to cook some pancakes with my lovely Mum for breakfast. These are a little different to your usual pancakes as they are banana pancakes and contain very few ingredients. It's nice as during the week I don't have time to make something like pancakes for breakfast and it just seems like a classic Sunday breakfast. Now I may be the world's worst drawer but it was still nice to let my inner artistic side out which is buried deep, very deep at that, pop out. These are really easy to make and taste delicious, bananas are one of my current fruit obsessions. I served these with some blueberries, honey and greek yoghurt. I usually have fruit and greek yoghurt with honey for breakfast pretty much everyday yet I still managed to incorporate that into my breakfast.

Ingredients (makes 6 pancakes)

200g ripe bananas (approximately 2 large bananas)
2 eggs
1/8 tsp baking powder (pathetic quantity I know but just go with me on this one)
vegetable oil to cook

Serve with:
blueberries
honey
natural Greek yoghurt

Method

1) Whisk the egg and baking powder together to create air bubble in the egg. The more you whisk the lighter and fluffier your pancakes will be

2) Mash the banana with a fork. You don't need to spend a long time doing this as you want some coarse chunks of banana remaining to help emphasise the banana flavour and it will also make your pancakes fluffier. Don't be scared that the mixture looks lumpy thats what you want

3) Whisk the bananas into the egg mixture and you've got your pancake batter

4) Simply fry the pancakes in a frying pan. To do this heat a small amount of oil in a frying pan and once heated apply approximately two table spoons of mixture to the centre of the pan. I would recommend that you fry the pancakes on a medium to low heat. This way you can achieve that golden outer coating whilst making sure the pancakes are cooked all the way through as these are similar to scotch pancakes not crepes in the fact they are smaller and thicker compared to those with a large circumference and paper thin.

You could serve these with any toppings you fancied to be honest; whether its the classic lemon and sugar, Nutella (I mean chocolate and banana who can say no to that magical combination), varieties of fruits such as strawberries or raspberries, ice cream or cream. I haven't tried this but you could try cooking the pancakes in coconut oil and serve with pineapple and coconut yoghurt or ice-cream for a Hawaiian/tropical theme.

Let me know in the comments if you attempt these and let me know what flavour combinations you tried I would love to hear your ideas for these as it is an excuse to make these again and again. They are really quick and easy to make, a healthy alternative and you need very few ingredients so it's a win, win recipe all round. The perfect way to start a Sunday and I think it has become a family favourite treat breakfast in our household now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...