Sunday 30 August 2015

Happy 1st Birthday In Her Own Little World

I can't quite believe that I am writing this blog post but today my blog is celebrating it's first birthday so I thought I would write a short post to celebrate this special occasion. I remember previously enjoying reading blog posts on fashion, beauty and lifestyle and it is something that I continue to do to this day. Blogging was a world I discovered about two years ago during my summer holidays yet it only took me a year to take the plunge and start my own. I started my blog after finishing Sixth Form College along with my best friend as we thought it would be another good way of keeping in contact and to be honest just a bit of fun to do over the summer holidays. So on Saturday the 30th of August my blog was born. What my blog shows me is that a lot can happen in a year. Within a year I finished my A-levels, passed my driving test, started my blog, took a gap year, started employment, moved to Sussex and I have now enrolled at University to start studying to work my way towards becoming a Primary School teacher.

When I finished Sixth Form College I was unsure what I wanted to do carer wise and I knew I was moving to a new county so my blog was a good hobby for me and it has been one that I have kept up ever since. Hence the name of the blog 'In Her Own Little World' as that is how I would describe myself the majority of the time. I find it very therapeutic to sit down at my laptop and allow my thoughts to spill out onto the screen. I often talk a lot of rubbish and ramble on and on yet theres something vey relaxing and calming about it. If you are stressed I would recommend just sitting down and letting your thoughts flood out onto paper or the screen.

I have loved creating, designing and developing my blog whilst watching it grow. It started off very basic and it still is at that yet it has grown to 14 followers which isn't many to most bloggers but going from 0 to 14 is a lot for me. I have also had over 13,000 page views and my Instagram account has almost reached 1,000 followers which provides a huge sense of achievement to me. For months when I first started my blog I would often wonder whether anyone would ever start reading or following my blog yet to see it grow provides me with a lot of pride and it is something I want to continue to achieve as it gives me the ambition to see it continue to grow further. It started off purely as a make-up/beauty blog yet it has now grown into more of a lifestyle blog. I remember how basic it used to be and I hope that the quality of the posts has improved and developed along with the blog and myself.

So I just wanted to take a few moments to say a massive thank you to all my loyal followers it honestly means a lot to me. Long may this blog continue, big hugs and squeezes all round.

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...