Thursday 20 August 2015

August Glossybox 2015




Good afternoon my lovelies and a Happy Thursday to you all. This week saw the arrival of the August Glossybox so I thought it would only be right that I typed up a blog post for you all. This month Glossybox celebrated their fourth birthday so a big Happy Birthday to Glossybox and this months box features favourites from the Glossie subscribers from across the world. The box therefore includes products ranging from the UK, US, Spain and Sweden. It has a very continental feel towards it. Last months French addition was one of my all time favourite Glossyboxes and highlights definitely included the lip balm, make-up bag and face serum.

Calming Face Toner By Naobay
We had previously seen the peeling mask from Naobay in the March addition and this month features a face toner. Naobay is a luxury Spanish brand which emphasises the fact the it is pure, natural and organic perfect for those of you with sensitive skin. Having sensitive skin myself I only stick to Simple skin care products yet I would still branch out and step outside of my comfort zone to give this one a go. These products are the sort of products you could see looking very luxurious on your bathroom shelf next to a green pot plant of some sort next to a fresh linen candle and freshly washed cream towels. All looking very fresh. One of these will cost you £10.65 so a little more pricy then Simple yet if you are prepared to pay more for your skin care it is still reasonable especially when you compare it to luxurious brands such as Liz Earle.


Purifying Cleanser By SASS
Us fellow Glossies received a previous SASS product in our May edition boxes which was a concentrated moisturising serum that you apply after shaving. This months product is a cleansing cream that you apply two pumps worth to your body whilst in the shower. You moisturise the product into your skin and then wash off the product before leaving the shower. The product claims to balance your skins pH levels whatever that means. How your skin can have different pH levels confuses me but I'm assuming it will even out differences leaving your skin with a neutral pH level. It also claims to cleanse and energise your skin which sounds more like English in my terms so that seems to make more sense and all good stuff really. One of these will cost you £7 which isn't bad for an in-shower body cleanser, more well known brands in the UK such as Soap and Glory would cost you more.



Powder Blusher By Emite
We are now adventuring over to Sweden which has delivered a blusher to our door steps this month. I would describe this as a deep coral shade of blusher, perfect for Autumn which is handy as that seems to be creeping up on us very quickly at the moment. Has anyone else felt as if Summer has finished? I've noticed it's a lot darker in the early mornings and evenings and there are a lot of dead leaves on the floor, it's also raining and cold which is a little depressing. Sorry side tracked. This blusher reminds me of a good dupe for a blusher by Sleek in the shade Coral. These coral like shades could be used as either a blusher or a bronzer depending on your skin tone and the time of the year. I think I will use this as a blusher first but once we are well on through Autumn I may just use it as a hybrid and for generic contouring. Especially as I am planning on dying my hair dark brown again for Autumn I feel that this blusher would look really nice against dark hair. One of these blushers would cost you £20.59 so I am expecting good things from this as it is a lot more pricy then all of your highstreet brands such as Sleek who may I add also do amazing blushers yet at a quarter of the price.



Lip Glide Lip Crayon By MeMeMe
I love lip crayons I find them really easy to apply. I went a little on the crazy side buying lip crayons last year yet I have been very well restrained and this is the first new addition to my collection for this year so I don't think that's too bad. This beautiful matte peach shade is called playful peach. Usually I would associate peach lip colours for Spring yet I think this will look really pretty and subtle for the end of Summer going towards September. As soon as Autumn is here though I am all for my darker pinks and reds. I would say that this peach shade will look really pretty with the blusher so well planned Glossybox. Using the two products together could give you that slightly flushed early morning appearance you get in Autumn with glowing cheeks as you get inside after being outside in the cold. One of these will cost you £6.95 which I think is pretty good value to be honest with you.



Lash Primer By Manna Kadar
We are finishing our world tour in the US with this new lash primer. I think that mascara is one of the make-up products that I have never totally obsessed over. I think that it's because I naturally have quite long, dark lashes and have never spent hours coating my lashes or comparing different brush shapes for the best effect. I was given a free Barry M showstopper mascara with extra volume last Autumn and it has lasted me nearly a year, granted it's nearly finished but it takes me years to get through mascaras so I definitely get my moneys worth. I'm still waiting to try m Benefit They're Real mascara. Whether the applicator of the mascara is plastic or not has never bothered me yet to some people it is a major dilemma. Seeing as I am laid back about mascara you can probably guess that I have never used a mascara primer before. There are so many primers out there such as for you foundation, eye lids, eyebrows and even mascara everyone will soon end up almost applying their make-up twice as they coat their face in primer followed by their actual make-up. I know I sound like scrooge now and to be fair I use a face primer and it does make a huge difference. Primers hide pores, smooth your skin and they help your make-up apply with a smarter finish and to last longer. This mascara has a cream to gel like formula which appears white in colour but this will be hidden by your mascara which you apply on top of the primer.  The primer includes the vitamin B12 which claims to leave your lashes conditioned, moisturised and voluminous which to me sounds as if they will grown stronger and longer which can't be a bad thing. If you apply it under mascara it will help to emphasise your lashes more whilst helping to maintain your mascara for longer. I am excited to give this primer a go and to see whether all of the lash hype is worth it or not. Let's hope so as it will cost you £14.55 for this little baby.




I hope you enjoyed this blog post my lovelies. Let me know in the comments if you have tried any of the products and what you thought of them. I am looking forward to trying each and everyone of these products so Glossybox definitely did good this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...