Thursday 27 August 2015

My Everyday Summer Make-Up Routine 2015


Good afternoon my lovelies and a Happy Thursday to you all. I am currently sat at my dining room table staring out of the window witnessing the pouring rain and thinking how nice it is to be in the warm in my comfy leggings whilst accompanied by my cat and a bucket's worth of chocolate orange hot chocolate. The fact that I'm drinking hot chocolate at the end of August is a sure sign that Autumn is on it's way. So why I am writing a summer blog post I have no idea but what the heck, technically it's still summer. I'm looking forward to writing a make-up blog post again as I have written so many baking posts recently I'm worried you will get bored of them. A new season means a new everyday make-up tutorial. It honestly seems like months ago I list wrote one of these. Having said that it will be the fourth one that I have written for this blog which makes sense seeing as my blog is coming up towards it's first birthday. I will leave links at the end of this blog post so you can see the make-up tutorial posts that I have written for the previous seasons this year. In terms of make-up, summer to me says bronzed cheeks and bright colour lips which is the theme I have gone for on todays post. 

Baby Skin Primer by Maybelline
Ok so I will say this once now at the start but a lot of products I have used I will have already used in previous tutorials and this first product being one so I'm sorry if this post appears a little repetitive. Before foundation I always apply a face primer and my current favourite one is this one by Maybelline. It is a silicon based primer which I feel suits my oily skin completion. I apply a small amount of primer all over my face and gently blend it in using my fingers. Primers help to reduce the appearance of pores giving you a cleaner and more natural finish to your make-up whilst helping your make-up last longer at the same time. I notice a huge difference when I don't use a primer as my foundation then almost emphasises pores and black heads rather then conceal them when I don't use a primer. 

Dream Matte Mouse Foundation By Maybelline
There will be no surprises that this little gem is featured in today's post as when ever I write a make-up tutorial it will be 100% guaranteed that I will have used this foundation. My trusty mouse foundation is my holy grail foundation and I will only stop using it if God forbid it is ever discontinued. This was my first foundation that I think I started wearing in year 9 or 10 and I have stuck to it ever since. I have tried many a different foundation yet only stuck with this one. I am always paranoid about looking sweaty or greasy with foundation due to my oily skin hense the choice of a matte foundation. I find powder foundations don't provide enough coverage yet liquid foundations leave me looking cakey and sweaty yet this is the perfect combination. I can have a full coverage foundation without looking too clown like hopefully or sweaty. I blend this foundation into my skin using my fingers and it is really easy to build up depending on the coverage that you are after. I find this gives me more flexibility and a natural finish compared to using a brush. I use the foundation in the shade 21 Nude for those of you who are interested. 

Lasting Perfection Concealer By Collection
No surprises on the concealer that I plumped for. This concealer has won many a beauty award and it was from reading other beauty blogger blog posts that I discovered this concealer. It was and continues to be a classic and firm favourite of mine and with make-up users across the UK. I find this concealer provides a really full coverage which is what I'm personally looking for in a concealer as if you want to conceal something, theres no point doing it half heartedly you might as well go all out and conceal it properly. I apply this concealer under my eyes as I have always been one who is prone to dark circles. I also apply it over any spots and blemishes and simply blend it into my skin gently dabbing with my ring finger as this causes the least amount of stretching to the skin. Depending on my skin tone/the time of year I alternate between the shades 1 and 2.

Stay Matte Powder By Rimmel
Again another cult classic amongst beauty bloggers, so far this post has mentioned the exact same products in my Spring tutorial. If anyone asks for a good face powder to help keep their make-up in place and reduce oily-ness then I will always without any doubt or thought mention this powder. Forget spending twenty odd quid on a high end expensive powder as this one will do the job at a fraction of the price. I use this in the shade 3 Peach Glow but similar to the concealer I also own some lighter and darker shades which I alternate between depending on the time of the year. To apply the powder I use a Real Techniques powder brush and give it a good swirl in the pressed powder and lightly blend it over my foundation. Powder helps your make-up last longer whilst reducing oil and shine which isn't the best of looks. 

Solar Powder Bronzer By Soap And Glory 
I love this bronzer, I just think it's perfect for that sun kissed glow summer look. I use this for contouring by applying the darker matte shade underneath my cheekbones using a bronzing brush by The Body Shop. This helps to emphasise your cheekbones and give some shape and definition to your face. I don't know why but this is my favourite part of applying make-up as I love seeing the transformation bronzer can make to the shape of your face. I also apply a small amount under the chin and on the temples which is where the sun would naturally fall on your face. Using a blusher brush I apply the lighter shade which has some shimmer to it above the cheekbones, across the forehead and down the bridge of the nose as a highlighter. This is a go to summer bronzer and highlighter duo for me as I find the shades suit my skin tone when I'm a little more tanned. You could also simply swirl the colours together for a bit of all over shimmer and bronzer but I personally just love a bit of contouring. 

Rose Gold Blusher By Sleek
Sleek do the most amazingly pigmented blushers yet they are so affordable no other brand can compete. This is my favourite blusher by Sleek if not my all time favourite blusher. If I could only own two blushers it would be this one for Spring/Summer and Rockateur by Benefit for the Autumn/Winter months. As the name suggests it is a rose gold shade and as you all know I do love my rose gold. It is a pretty peachy pink shade with gold shimmer to it. Once applied it looks really pretty and natural on the cheeks just giving you that little pop of colour for a healthy glow. With the shimmer in the blusher you wouldn't need to worry about highlighter. I personally like the gold glitter in it as I find that it suits my skin tone which has a slight yellow undertone towards it. I use my blusher brush and lightly apply a small amount to the apples of my cheeks but not too much as I'm not a fan of the heavy blusher look. 

I don't fill in my eyebrows. I know the majority of people do and will probably be either gasping, speechless or in pure shock for me to say that I don't but hands up I'm lazy. Not only that but I have tried this before and ended up scaring myself as my eyebrows were so in your face it was too much and I looked quite sinister. I naturally have dark brown hair and my eyebrows are quite full and filling them in was just too much. I prefer a more natural brow look myself. Especially as I know my brows aren't perfect I don't have them waxed, threaded or shaped I just pluck them myself so I don't want to emphasise any dodgy looking eyebrows. Yet remember your eyebrows are sisters not twins so they shouldn't be identical. All I do is use an eyebrow brush and brush through my eyebrows to remove any powder leaving them looking brown again rather then an off grey shade. It also maintains tidiness amongst them giving them a natural look. 

On And On Bronze 24 Hour Colour Tattoo Cream Eyeshadow By Maybelline
I am a huge fan of cream eyeshadows and gold eyeshadows so this is the perfect combination for me. This has to be one of my all time favourite eyeshadows as gold is so versatile you can do so much with it. For quick and easy make-up I love applying a cream eyeshadow as a base and applying some powder eyeshadow shades on top for contouring and definition. Gold eyeshadow is a good choice all year round yet I personally think it looks nice in summer with a bronzed look and bright lip colour. All I do is blend a small amount over my naked eyelid in 10 seconds and bobs your uncle, done. 

Nude Eyeshadow Palette By Collection 
There was a huge hype over these when they came out and I still love mine just as much since. Nude eyeshadow is my favourite to use as I find working with brighter statement colours challenging. I don't think I have the confidence in myself to pull off a bright colour such as green or purple. The names of the different shadows all have a sweet tooth theme going on which makes me love this palette even more. I apply the highlighting shade called white chocolate under my waterline, the inner corner of my eye and under my brow bone. Similar to what I mentioned earlier this is a form of contouring and helps to give you that bamby bright eyed look. Basically it helps to make your eyes look bigger and more awake which I could certainly do with at the moment. It is a matte white shade and perfect for a bit of natural brightness to your face. I then blended buttercream from the inner corner of my eye outwards to around the centre of the lid to emphasise the lighter colour near the inner corner. Buttercream is another pale cream shade yet it has a hint of shimmer again helping to brighten your eyes. I blended a matte darker brown shade called chocolate milk at the outer corner of my eye and through the crease. This is a form of contouring for your eyes, by applying the lighter shades and working outwards to darker shades it helps to emphasise, widen and brighten your eyes whilst giving you a pretty eye make-up look. I use a blending eyeshadow brush by The Body Shop to blend all of the shades together leaving you with a natural eye make-up look. 

Ditsy Lipstick By Topshop
First of all can we take a moment to appreciate how cute the name of this lipstick is. Ditsy is a bright red shade with orange/pink undertones to it. I personally think that it is a statement summer lip colour as summer to me screams bright summer colours especially with white clothing. Since getting ombre put into my hair I have found red shades easier to wear which is funny as I thought it might be the opposite yet before when I was dark I would stick to dark pink shades yet I find the blonde in my hair helps compliment the red which somehow softens the lipstick. To be honest I don't have a clue why I prefer it now, I just do. Before applying lipstick I always apply lip balm as this softens and smoothes your lips which helps you to apply the lipstick smoothly without your lips looking cracked and wrinkly. It allows your lipstick to simply glide onto your lips. My current choice of lip balm is a cherry scented one by Carmex, nothing fancy. If you asked me to recommend a summer lipstick then hands down it would be this one. Topshop do an amazing and ever expanding range of lipsticks so it is definitely worth checking them out. 



Thank you for reading this blog post my lovelies and I hope it has given you some summer inspiration for your make-up. When I first started my blog one goal was to complete a make-up tutorial for each season so I'm chuffed that I have kept my blog going and have been able to fulfil that. Let me know in the comments any favourite make-up items you have that you love to use over summer. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...