Sunday 2 August 2015

Blueberry Muffins






Good afternoon my lovelies and a Happy Sunday to you all. I have another baking blog post for you all today. As I mentioned in yesterdays post we moved house yesterday - I know how exciting. Today we are finishing off by moving more furniture and we have family members round today to rally round so I thought what better way to feed the troops then with some blueberry muffins. Now when you look at these you can instantly tell that these are home made but there is nothing wrong with that may I add, they're rustic and homely. I ran out of muffin cases and only had smaller cupcake cases left hence why they are slightly lopsided. Blueberries are one of my favourite fruits but they are also really good for you as they are high in antioxidants. I recon that blueberry muffins are definitely a summer bake and talking of baking, O-M-G but who is excited for the return of bake off this Wednesday? Umm yes please thank you kindly so to you. This may sound sad but I have literally been waiting for this since the end of last summer. Every year I aim to bake something that was made on the show once a week after the episode so watch this space, who knows I might actually stick to it this year. These muffins are really easy to make and would go particularly well with a nice coffee, a dessert, an on the go snack or you could easily justify one or two of these as part of your breakfast.

Ingredients 

This recipe makes 12 although I made 15 as like I mentioned above I only had small cupcake cases left

280g plain flour
3 tsp baking powder - this sounds a lot but this is what will give you light and fluffy muffins
120g caster sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
240 ml milk
90 ml vegetable/sunflower oil
160g blueberries

Method 

1) Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°Fan/ Gas mark 6 and line your muffin tin with muffin cases

2) In a large bowl add the caster sugar and sift in the flour and baking powder

3) In another large bowl, beat the egg with a fork

4) Stir in the milk and vanilla extract followed by the oil

5) Add the wet mixture to the dry and stir together to form a batter. You don't want to over stir the mixture just enough to combine the mixture to form a batter whilst making sure that no flour is visible. Don't worry if your batter appears lumpy

6) Gently fold in the blueberries whilst trying to avoid crushing the fruit

7) Bake the muffins for 20 - 25 minutes until golden brown on top. Another good way of knowing that they are baked is that a skewer will be clean once inserted into the centre of the muffins. If you are using frozen berries then you will need to bake the muffins for 3 minutes

These are so easy to make and the perfect summer pick-me up. You could use any berries/fruits you fancied if you aren't a massive blueberry fan such as blackberries, strawberries, raspberries, cherries or currants. You could even use a combination to create summer fruit muffins. I recon that these would go particularly well with a vanilla ice-cream or maybe even a blueberry cheesecake ice-cream to stick with the blueberry theme for a light summery dessert. Let me know in the comments if you attempt to make these my lovelies and I hope you all enjoy your Sundays.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...