Monday 27 July 2015

July Glossybox 2015





Bonjour My lovelies. We have a very special limited edition French Glossybox this month. This is very fitting as I'm pretty sure I have mentioned this in a previous blog post this month but I am planning on spending a long weekend in Paris with my Mum at the end of September which we are starting to plan so what could be more perfect? I love the design of this months box; you can tell that a lot of time and effort has gone into designing the box with all the details such as the Metro and the Eiffel Tower - not forgetting all of the cute surroundings you see around France such as the French cafes. Even when you open the box you have the French colours which makes the box appear so inviting. I will be honest, it did take me a couple of days to pluck up the courage to open the box as it looked so pretty and dainty I didn't want to ruin it - how sad does that sound? I love it when Glossybox create a theme for they boxes as it just adds more excitement to awaiting each months box. All the products in this months box continue around the French theme. it also puts me in a really feel good mood as seeing the French box makes me think of summer which I ramble on about far too much but it;s just my favourite time of year, simple as.

Travel Bag By Glossybox
Can you ever own too many make-up bags? I am a strong believer that the answer is no. Over the years I am pretty sure that I have collected around 20 which somehow seem to accumulate by themselves for some strange reason. Yet although this may sound excessive to some I can still find a use for each and everyone of them depending on where I'm going and what I'm doing. I will be very glad to welcome this little gem to my edition. One of the main reasons this appeals to me is that it is see through. This may sound strange yet I find large see through bags particularly useful as when you have loads of items crammed into a bag you can spend hours scrambling through it whilst getting tense looking for this one particular item. We've all done it - you start off calm and then you can feel the tension building as you continue to rummage which goes on and on before you convince yourself it's not in there and you just tip everything out in a rage to find it was in there the entire time. So by having a clear bag you can see exactly what is in the bag and equally importantly where it is. Another good thing about this is that it is a large bag of a pretty decent size so I know I will manage to cram a load of rubbish in there I won't need but will still take with me just in case as you never know. I will be 100% taking this to Paris with me seeing as it's practical and very fitting for a French trip. I've been talking about this as if it is a make-up bag but it's a general bag you could use for anything but I had already come to the conclusion it will be a make-up travel bag for me as like I said before you can never have too many. This would normally cost you £3.99 to buy which isn't bad to be honest.


Perfect Skin Refiner By Teoxanne Cosmeceuticals
A main theme for this edition is enhancing and almost improving the condition of your skin. This is a skin renewal night cream which aims to plump and hydrate your skin. Perfect to use after damage to your skin has occurred for example from the sun and after years of being smeared in make-up and beauty products. This is carried out by Hyaluronic acid and I believe that the Glycolic acid helps to resurface the skin and reduce irritation. You apply the product at night after removing any products and cleansing your face whilst avoiding the eye and lip area. Glossybox recommends that you start off by applying this every other night at first for the start of the treatment whilst applying a high SPF factor during the day. This makes me a little on the cautious side as I have sensitive skin and I don't want to wake up the next day looking like a beached tomato. It may take me a little while to pluck up the courage to try this but seeing as this product would normally cost you a massive £70 I have high hopes in the quality of this product which also restores a little faith and trust into using it. When I have been nervous about trying previous skin care products from Glossybox in the past I have so far (touch wood) been pleasantly surprised so fingers crossed for this one.


Comme Une Evidence Perfume By Yves Rocher
If I had to create a French perfume it would be light and floral which is exactly how I would describe this one. Why that would be the case I have no idea but just go with me on this one. I think it's because it has a feminine and sophisticated feel to it. I could imagine wearing this in the Spring/Summer and just casually strolling past the Eiffel Tower about to polish off a box of dainty yet perfectly formed macaroons after downing a bowl of strong French coffee. The perfume contains scents varying of violets, rose and that classic French scent of Lily of the Valley which instantly takes me back to a previous summer holiday in Provence. The only thing I don't like about this perfume is that it's a 'dabber' and not a 'sprayer' but thats just me being fussy. I'm sure theres probably a more technical way of describing the application but I suppose a 'dabber' is more of a sophisticated way then just spraying it on. I'm just impatient and will end up somehow spilling this. A full-size product will cost you £24.50 so you know it's a high end perfume and not a cheaper one that will fade after 20/30 minutes.


Enhancing Serum Base By Noxidoxi
This is a skin care product that instantly appeals to me and in fact I will be trying this once I've finished this post and plucked up the energy to move from my duvet and get dressed. Is it bad I don't use a serum base? I don't know but this claims to be moisturising on the skin and deeper layers. It also claims to contain high levels of antioxidants and anti-inflamamtories which help to protect the skin. Seeing as I suffer from redness and blotchiness occasionally this instantly appeals to me. Anything is worth ago to make my skin look less tired and provide a radiance glow. Another feature is that it also claims to tighten pores which will help your foundation application appear smoother. Is there anything this serum can't do? That's what I want to know as it is making some pretty bold statements here. You would apply this serum under your moisturiser, think of it as a base. I'm slightly embarrassed by the fact I have never tried using a serum base before as I feel as if it should be part of my every day skin care routine. I can't wait to try this later today but a small part of me almost hopes I don't like it as a full size product is very much so on the expensive size that will cost you £33.46 (random price) which my bank account really wouldn't appreciate. But I suppose it's six and two three's really weighing up what is more important.



Lip Balm By Lollipops 
The last item in this months box is a lip balm which always come in handy. I love the scent of this one it just smells of cake and who doesn't love a bit of cake? It has a really nice and slightly addictive sweet scent and taste to it. It's a clear lip balm and so it could be applied under a lipstick to soften and smooth your lips. It feels really moisturising on the lips as if it is seeping in goodness and vitamins. It's perfect for using on the go as it's not in a pot that you have to dap your finger into which never seems the most hygienic way of applying lip balm especially if you are out and about for example on a train or shopping. This will be handy to take with me to work as my hands always tend to look grubby from working in a garden centre. One of these will cost you £4.15 but I recon it will last you a long time as you get a decent amount of product in there. A must have for travelling.




I hope you enjoyed reading this post my lovelies, like I said before the special edition Glossyboxes are always my favourite to receive and write about. All of these products will be accompanying me on my adventure to Paris in the Autumn. Let me know in the comments what you thought of these products if you received this gift box. Au Revoir my lovelies and vive la France!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...