Wednesday 1 October 2014

September Favourites 2014

The fact that it is now October says two things to me. First that it is officially Autumn which means jumpers and berry colours which I find most complementary for my completion so yay for me. But it also means that it is time for my September favourites blog post.


The first product I'm going to talk about is the Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief Gel. I actually got this in a Clinique gift set and rediscovered it again last month. I wore this at night time before bed after taking my make-up off. It feels incredible on your skin, it has a more of a gel then a cream texture and you can feel it absorbing into your skin really quickly that you know you are doing your skin some good. I finished it this month and I will definitely be buying it again, I can highly recommend it.

Make-up wise this product has featured quite a few times in my blog posts. It is the Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser which i purchased in September. As I have mentioned so many times in my posts I was searching for a new primer from the drugstores to replace a more expensive one. The primer reduces the appearance of pores and it gives foundation a more silky and softer effect. This was a great discovery and it isn't too pricy either.

Lipstick wise this product also featured in a previous post and it is the Revlon Colorburst Lacquer Balm in Whimsical. It is a beautiful purple plum berry colour with shimmer. I didn't think I would like this as I'm not a fan of glittery lipstick but I absolutely love this and it isn't over glittery it just gives your lips a natural shine. I love the fact it's a balm lipstick I find them easier to apply then lipstick making them more handy to take in your handbag. It has a minty scent which I personally love. My favourite lipstick colours are definitely berry shades as I feel they compliment my darker hair and lips really well and bring out my green eyes. You can see me wearing this colour in my Autumn make-up 2014 blog post.
The Bourjois Intense Smoky Eye eyeshadow trio in Rose Twiste also featured in my Autumn make-up routine. I purchased this a while ago and I wasn't overwhelmed by it but I rediscovered it last month. I have been loving the two eyeshadow shades which I feel blend together really well and surprisingly I have also been loving the brown eye liner that is part of the set which I didn't think I would but it is more softer then black. I think that this product is perfect for Autumn and the orange-brown tonnes in the eyeshadows will bring out berry lip colours really well. I'll be honest and baked eyeshadows aren't always my favourite but I am still getting a good colour pay off with the eyeshadows and I used this most days in September.

Finally, nail wise I have loved using the Tanya Burr nail polish in Mini Marshmallows. I personally love the name it is so cute and the colour is so pretty and soft on the nails. I originally purchased this last Spring time but I am enjoying wearing this more in Autumn which surprised me as I usually get way too excited for dark reds, pinks and purples. This cooler tone colour is really pretty now the temperature is dropping and I think it looks really pretty all year round and I'm sure I will continue to wear this throughout Winter as well.

I hope you enjoyed this blog post and let me know in the comments what your September favourites were.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...