Monday 13 October 2014

Maybelline 24 Hour Color Tattoo Cream Eyeshadows








I have never understood the obsession with cream eye shadows before until I purchased these lovelies. Having oily skin I've always been one for powder and I've avoided cream products as I just felt like they would make me look oily and greasy. I also wear a matte foundation and I've never gone for cream blushers or bronzers as I feel like they won't sit nicely on my face. However, I hate missing a trend and I may be one, two or quite a few years late but I've finally bitten the bullet and purchased some cream eyeshadows. Beauty bloggers have previously and still continue to today rave about these products so it would be rude not to try them.

I picked up two shimmery shades in On and on Bronze and Metallic Pomegranate. The On and on Bronze is a classic shimmery gold with orange undertones that I thought would blend really nicely with the pinky/plum shade of Metallic Pomegranate. Having green eyes myself I tend to go for neutral nude colours and if I'm feeling generous I go for a splash of colour with a pinky/purple shade as opposites are meant to attract in terms of eye colour. I may do a blog post for what eyeshadows suit different eyes? One thing I will say is that the range of colours in the UK isn't great so if you're reading this Maybelline, please bring some more out.

The texture surprised me as it wasn't as creamy as I was expecting it to be which for me is good as you don't want your eye make-up slipping down your face. Both colours are really pigmented although what I will say is that the Pomegranate shade when swatted and applied to the eyes came across as more shimmery gold with purple undertones which I guess mad the two shades blend together more easily. These are so quick and easy to use especially in a rush and theres no need for a brush just a quick dap and you're good to go. The colour pay off is amazing and this lasts for a long time and after swatching these it was hard work washing the swatch off my hand.

I would definitely recommend these and I have defiantly been converted to cream eyeshadows. This isn't so good for my bank balance though.

You can purchase these for £4.99 at Boots or Superdrug.

5 comments:

  1. I only own one colour tattoo (pink gold) at the moment but, since I love it, I'm going to purchase more and both these shades look great! Is your blog on bloglovin?

    Alisha-jade.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like Pink Gold it's definitely on my wish list, rose gold is one of my all time favourite colours I think it looks really pretty on the eyes.
      I don't think I am on bloglovin but you can follow me by clicking on join this site under my blog archive :) I love your blog too and I think I'm following you? Sorry I'm quite new to blogging so not sure how to do everything yet.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the follow! I'll definitely follow your blog as well. I recommend that you sign up for bloglovin because it is quick and easy to use and it helps me keep track of the people that I follow. It is also an easy way for people to follow your blog, just one (or two) little clicks. xx
      http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12244965

      Delete
    3. Thank you for the follow two!! I think I will definitely sign up to bloglovin today, thank you for recommending it :) xx

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...