Friday 26 September 2014

Drugstore Haul And Review


So once again I had a very naughty and unnecessary yet enjoyable drugstore splurge this month.

Starting with make-up, the first product that I picked up was the Bourjois bronzing powder and highlighter. I have had this product in my sight for months but wavered over buying it but then I thought to myself if I just buy it then my pain of uncertainty will be over - not the best attitude to have when trying to save money I know. Anyway, I am so pleased that I did buy it though I absolutely love it! It has a gorgeous matte bronzer with a tiny hint of shimmer that is almost unnoticeable yet gives your cheeks a natural healthy glow. Besides this is a beautiful powder highlighter which looks beautiful on the cheeks. Both products are both amazingly pigmented and not too powdery that once applied to the brush nothing happens on the cheeks.

The only complaint I can think of with this product is the 50:50 split of bronzer to highlighter. I use more bronzer then highlighter so I would prefer three squares to be bronzer and one to be highlighter but thats me just being fussy. I'm also not overwhelmed by the packaging as when out in public people may think that you're smearing chocolate over your face, I prefer make-up to look like make-up maybe in simple/sleek packaging that you can be proud to show in public. I thought I would hate the smell as lot's of people have claimed that it smells of chocolate and to be honest I don't want to smell of chocolate yet to me it doesn't smell of chocolate. It defiantly has a sweet scent to it but I wouldn't say chocolaty which is a bonus for me.


I then spent ages in Superdrug searching for Penguin Chic by Tanya Burr but they didn't stock her range. So I picked up the closest nail polish I could find to that which just happened to be another Bourjois buy which went in handy with the Bourjois offer that was available. I picked up 05 Taupe Modele - I was never good at French so I have no idea what that means. I never thought I would ever buy a grey nail polish but I had a change of heart and thought that it might look nice for Autumn and took a gamble of which I'm pleasantly surprised.


It's a really pretty grey which I think looks quite classy on the nails, it is also super glossy. I used three coats in the picture as I found it to be very sheer although the colour did build up nicely after several coats.

I then went searching for hair products to reduce frizz and try and make my hair look less damaged. I first found a L'Oreal anti-frizz serum. I had one of these before which is almost finished so that just needed replacing. I just apply it to the tips of my hair when dry and it reduces frizz and makes my hair feel a lot smoother and more under control.

I also found a Pantene Hair strengthening tonic as my hair is very weak and tends to break which tends to be worse in the colder months. I've used it twice so far but according to the instructions it will take up to 15 uses before there is a noticeable difference. You spray it onto your hair when wet and then comb it through to dispense the product evenly. So far no complaints but whether it works or not I am yet to find out.

I then went searching for skin products where I stumbled across Soap and Glory. I first found a Puffy Eye Attack which is apparently a Turbo-Boost Hydragel (no idea what that means). You apply it twice a day and it's meant to reduce dark circles and puffiness. I feel like it has made a small difference so far after almost a week, although with these products it's hard to know if it is making a difference or if it's just psychological. My first problem was when to apply it. I normally moisturise my face in the morning so I first tried applying it before moisturiser but then I felt like after applying moisturiser I was smearing it all around my face and not actually targeting the eyes. So what I've been doing is applying it after moisturiser but then I wonder whether it reaches my eyes or just soaks into the moisturiser. If anyone knows a good way of using it please let me know. Yet so far it's going okay.

The last product I found is another Soap and Glory product, it's the No clogs allowed deep pore detox mask. I have been cautious to try this product as it involves heat and colour change yet today I plucked up the courage to try it. To be honest I found it difficult to use and complicated just to use as a face mask. You have to shake it yet after that a load of liquid came out where it hadn't mixed properly. I then rubbed it onto my face and it starts to heat up which felt quite weird. You then massage water into it where it will turn blue and you leave it for five minutes. It sounds simple yet I had water running down my arms, only half of the product turned blue and the water washed the product off my t-zone so it wasn't easy to use and I would score it 0/5 for practicality. However, once I had washed it off my face felt so smooth and pore less so it did work really well I just wouldn't recommend it if you're in a rush.

I'll leave an update in the comments for how I get on with these products in the long term.

1 comment:

  1. As promised an update on the products. I love the Bourjois products and the bronzer and highlighter have turned into an everyday contouring kit. I love the Soap and Glory eye cream which I use twice a day although I'll admit that I haven't used the face kit since but when I'm feeling brave with time on my hands I will. From using the hair strengthening serum I have noticed a difference and my hair defiantly feels stronger. I hop this helps my lovelies.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...