Friday 9 October 2015

September Glossybox 2015





Hello my lovelies and a Happy Friday to you all! Just want to through this out there but this is my 100th blog post on the old blog. Celebrations all round I think. This blog is my baby and my hobby. It brings me so much pleasure so this is a huge milestone for me.

I have a little apology to make to you all as my September Glossybox post is a little on the late side - in fact half a month late. Oops. For which I'm very sorry about but look at it on the plus side you get not one but two Glossybox posts this month so like I say there's a silver lining around every cloud. September was a pretty hectic month for me with starting my university course and going to Paris so time was on the shorter side last month. I take my blog very seriously so I didn't want to rush out any blog post. Blogging is one of my hobbies and I like to enjoy it and write my posts properly so i hope this one is worth the wait.

So moving on - can we just all take a moment to appreciate how pretty this months box is. A little firecracker. I love the combination of the pastel blue and hot pink. The limited edition boxes are always my favourite to receive as they just seem that little bit extra special. The September box was designed to inspire us fellow beauty lovers for the upcoming trends of Autumn and Winter this year. Judging by the weather Autumn has definitely arrived. Carry on reading my lovelies to discover more about the products and this seasons new trends.

Traceless Hair Ring By Invisibobble
The first product I have to show you all is a hairband. Yes a hairband. You're probably reading this thinking why would I be excited about a small hairband in a box? Well let me tell you my lovelies, this hairband is designed so that when you take your hair down you won't be left with any kinks in your hair. I hate it when I've had my hair tied up and you take it down and your left with kinks and curls all over the place. This means I then have to straighten my hair which I'm trying to do less of to try to take care of my hair better. You get three little plastic spiral hairbands in a pack which also claim to be invisible in your hair. The smooth plastic surface also means that the bands shouldn't rub against your head leaving you headache and damage free. I'm very excited to try these as they could be the wonder band that solves all hair issues so I will let you know how I get on with these. These will only cost you £4 and you can pick these up from Topshop. I recon these are really good value as they are chunky so not the bands that you are likely to loose either. It comes back to that famous question of how do hair bands always go missing? No matter how careful you are they always somehow disappear into a black hole. It's the same with hair grips or bobby pins, what ever you call them they will always go missing.


Eyeshadow Brush By Marsk 
I haven't heard of Marsk before so this is a new brand to me. What I will say though is that it feels like a really good quality eyeshadow brush which I won't say no to. I mean who will say no to a free make-up brush? The hairs feel really soft which you would hope so as one of these would cost you £16.70 so this is one of your high end make-up brushes. I recon it will be a really nice brush to use as the handle isn't too long allowing you to get closer to your eye focussing on the detail of your eye make-up. I don't own any high end make-up brushes other then this one so I'm looking forward to trying it. 


Shimmer Eyeshadow Powder By Bellapierre
Oh what a surprise, Glossybox have very kindly included an eyeshadow to accompany your eyeshadow brush, what a treat. This is a gorgeous metallic grey and shimmery eyeshadow with purple undertones to it which would make it gorgeous paired with a dark purple shade. It is a lose eyeshadow that can be found under the name of Whesek which you can purchase for £12.99 is you are interested. Glossybox are claiming that 'Greige' is the new seasons must have - a combination of grey and beige. Personally I tend to stick to compacted eyeshadow powders as I find lose eyeshadows a little on the messy side. If I'm running late or rushing to get ready for work and using a lose eyeshadow the chances are I will drop/knock/spill the pot all over me and the bathroom which wouldn't be the best way to start the day. However, if I'm not rushing and I have the time to take care and enjoy doing my make-up then I will be more likely to use a lose eyeshadow. Yes they are tricky but I do find that lose eyeshadows provide you with a stronger colour pay off so if you have the time it is definitely worth using one of these. 


Nail Polish By Nails Inc
When I first opened this months box this was one of the products that stood out the most to me. I guess because I know the brand Nails Inc to be a gorgeous and luxurious nail polish brand. Up until now I don't actually own any polishes from Nails Inc. Mainly because they are on the pricy side so it's not something I would really buy myself as one of these will cost you £11. Is it really worth it? Well to be honest I recon so as they have a really great glossy colour pay off and will last for ages without chipping. They are more like a thin liquid then a thick polish and so, so easy to apply. I have tried one of my friend's before and fell in love with it instantly. It was a gorgeous tangerine shade called Clifton Gardens which was perfect for summer. For Autumn a grey polish was included called Battersea Park which was very fitting as it is named after a park I visited with an old school friend in Chelsea last month. I would describe this as a khaki shade which would look gorgeous accompanied alongside a thick wooly Autumn grey jumper. Actually saying that any shade of jumper would look gorgeous with this neutral shade whether it's black, brown, green or red the list of possibilities is endless. That's why I'm so glad that I got over my fear of grey nail polishes last Autumn as I think they are a great neutral sophisticated shade to wear. It's probably one of my favourite products I've received in a Glossybox so far so a massive round of applause to you Glossybox editors, give yourselves a well earned pat on the back you sure have done good this month. 


Luminous Colour Hair Masque By Maria Nila
Last but by no means least is a new product that I am probably the most excited to try out of this box. This high end vegan - yes vegan hair treatment product is designed to nourish, strengthen and protect your coloured and natural hair. Something my hair could really do with. It is packed full of natural vitamins and minerals to boost the health of your hair. This is something mine could definitely do with as it gets damaged from me straightening it although I am trying to reduce this so I am trying to be good. Also dying your hair isn't the healthiest of things to do to it. I went blonde over summer and have recently gone back to being a dark chocolate brown of my natural hair colour. It was a treat and really fun to experiment and colour my hair yet it isn't something I want to make a habit of as I want to look after my hair so it doesn't all fall out when I'm older. 

I know it sounds sad but I also really like the packaging of this product, it definitely floats my boat it will look perfect on the bathroom shelf. The product was produced in Sweden and it raves about it's natural properties being 100% natural and vegan and it contains no sulphates or parabens. I'm not entirely sure what a paraben is but the impression I get is that it isn't good for your hair so we'll take the fact that the product contains zero amounts as a positive. The masque is designed to nourish your hair whilst providing a colour 'guard' to help maintain the colour of your dyed hair. This appeals greatly to me as I recently had a semi-permanent hair dye to put in so that my hair will blend back to it's natural colour once my new roots grow through so this should help to maintain a natural looking transition. You can read more about my recent hair adventures and experiences of dying my hair by clicking here if you are interested. The masque contains pomegranate extracts which help your colour to last longer which can fade from styling, UV light and washing.  masque is designed to be applied to damp hair that has just been washed where you can leave it in for three minutes but the longer you leave it the better the results. You then simply wash out the masque and apply your conditioner. This sounds like a hair care product that could revolutionaries my hair care routine so I am really looking forward to cracking on and giving it a try. Again like the other products in the box I will let you know how I get on with this and whether they are worth buying. A tub of this will cost you £18.95 so I am expecting great things from this. What I will say is that this is a mahoosive tub so if it's a gooden it will be well worth investing in to one. 


There you have it my lovelies - a rather late yet special September box. Here it comes another bold statement hold on to your socks kids but this could be my favourite box to date. Whoah there - I said it. I also love the quote that is featured on the lid of this months box. As that is something I agree with - style is unique to everyone and there is no right or wrong way of doing things. If it makes you feel good on the outside then you will feel good in the inside. Discover your style and roll with it. Let me know if you have tried any of the products and what you thought of them. There isn't a single product in this box that doesn't stand out to me, I want to try each and every single one of these now. Thank you for reading my lovelies and stay tuned this month for another Glossybox post I'm sure it won't be long to go until another little bundle of joy arrives on my doorstep. 

XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...