Wednesday 28 October 2015

Lush Halloween Range 2015





Hello my lovelies I have a right treat for you all today. I have been so excited to write this blog post for you all for months and months now. In fact I think I have been on countdown for Halloween and Autumn since August. I have always loved Halloween. My Mum always made it so special when I was little. We would decorate the house with banners, orange and black balloons, confetti, Halloween candles and we would fill bowls with Halloween chocolates and black and orange sweets. My Mum would also do Halloween treasure hunts for me and of course every year we would carve a pumpkin, how could you not? Even though it was just for the two of us we still loved it, it makes me happy seeing families with young children going shopping and buying all of these Halloween goodies and carrying on traditions. Talking of traditions every Halloween we will wear our ghost and witch headbands and have chilli on jacket potatoes for dinner. Where these traditions start from I have no idea but we were talking about it yesterday and I'm pretty sure it goes back to when I was at least seven years old. I think we might also do a bit of Halloween baking as well this weekend. I have a blog post planned of Halloween bakes that all the family can get involved with and try.

Getting back to the point of this blog post, when it comes to Autumn/Winter all I want to do is indulge in a Lush bath. Whether it involves a bath bomb, bath melt, bubble bar, shower jelly or shower cream the world's my oyster. Just imagine a Lush bath and candles - heaven. Perfect for when it's cold, windy and rainy outside and you're nice and cosy in a multicoloured extravaganza. Every year I get so excited for the Lush Halloween and Christmas range. I'm constantly checking online and in stores to see if it has been released yet. I'm a sucker for season's and go crazy for the limited edition things. As I said earlier as I have so many fond memories of Halloween throughout my childhood I still get excited for Halloween and when it comes to going into Lush I'm like a kid in a sweet shop. As soon as I saw that the Halloween and Christmas ranges had been released an emergency girly shopping day to Tunbridge Wells was organised last Saturday and my cravings were soon fixed.

This year Lush have relaxed four products for Halloween and thank God they have brought back my two favourites from last year, *squeals*. The collection includes a shower cream, bubble bar, bath bomb and shower jelly although you can buy these in cute pumpkin and bat gift sets as well which look very tempting may I add.

You will have to bare with me on this blog post as I'm not the best at describing scents but we'll go with it anyway.

Lord Of Misrule Shower Cream

The first product that I picked up is a new product yet it is based on the Lord Of Misrule Scent which I believe was brought out for the first time last year as a bath bomb which I instantly fell in love with. I have been using this for a week now and I love it, simple as. I forgot how good the scent was and the good thing about having this scent in a shower cream is that it will last longer rather then just one use from a bath bomb. It is a gorgeous emerald green shade with a shimmer and glitter to it but don't worry you're not left looking like a glitter ball afterwards. When it comes to products containing glitter I'm always a little weary of this as I'm not sure how professional it would be turning up to work the next day sparkling but you'll be fine with this one. It reminds me of the musical Wicked (favourite all time musical may I add) as it is that rich, sparkling, indulgent emerald shade.

As a shower cream it is a different formulation to a shower gel. It doesn't lather as much it's a lot more runnier although I have found that it has left my skin feeling incredibly soft after using it. Whether that's because it's a cream or just an amazing product I don't know but I love it. I find it a really difficult scent to describe as it's quite earthy and woody with a slightly spicy scent to it. To me that sounds discussing but I promise you it isn't, it is an essential to go into Lush and smell this as even if you don't like spicy scents I promise you, you will love this. I would 100% re-purchase this product in fact I might stock up again when I pop in for a cheeky Christmas splurge. I picked up the small size which cost me £4.95 but you could go all out and indulge in a 1kg bottle at £27.95. Don't worry I won't judge you.


Sparkly Pumpkin Bubble Bath

My baby is back, thank you Lush. Can we all just take a moment to appreciate how adorable this little fella is. The sparkly pumpkin bubble bar has returned from last year. It is a vibrant orange bubble bar coated in gorgeous gold glitter topped with a little cinnamon stick. I will warn you that from last year this will leave you and your bath a little on the gold glittery side but when something is this cute it is an exception I'm willing to make. With bubble bars you certainly get your moneys worth, I think I had about 10 baths worth from my Holly-Go-Lightly bubble bar from last Christmas. You break a portion of the bubble bar off and crumble it under your running water to create beautiful bubbles and an inviting orange, sparkly bath. I think I will get about four baths worth out of this little guy. The only let down for me is that Lush have made him smaller this year. This has a spicy cinnamon scent with refreshing citrus lime scents in there as well. I have recently been loving both of these scents so that's a win, win for me. Beautiful scent, gorgeous colour and lot's of bubbles all for just £3.65 this is an absolute Halloween essential.


Nightwing Shower Jelly 

This is a new product this Halloween, a shower jelly which once removed from it's little pot looks like a bat - cute! These can be messy but so, so fun. This is slightly different to the earthy, spicy products from the range with a fresh fruity lime scent which honestly smells like fruit pastels, yum! There are a  lot of lime products about this Halloween it seems to have taken over from orange. You get multiple uses out of shower jellies so they are well worth their value of £3.95 for a little, cute bat. You can store these in the fridge/freezer in between uses but you might want to check with your parents first or whoever is in charge of the fridge. Rub this sweet little bat over your skin and feel the moisture soaking in. Shower jellies will leave your skin feeling really soft afterwards as they are packed full of vitamin E.


Lord Of Misrule Bath Bomb

This was my favourite bath bomb from last year so that fact it has returned pleases me immensely. This is a mahoosive bath bomb which will transform your bath into an emerald green with purple swirls running through it leaving you with a rich red wine coloured bath, glorious. Who needs to see the northern lights when you can use a Lush bath bomb instead? Bath bombs are really easy to use; place your bomb into your bath and watch the magic unfold. I find bath bombs really therapeutic listening to it slowly fizz away. Packed inside this beauty is popping candy which I love as again I find it very therapeutic to listen to the candy slowly crackle away. Perfect for a Friday night in. This has the same scent to the shower cream that I mentioned earlier, very festive and comforting. I think I might be saving this one till last as it is a special one for me. You can grab one of these for £3.95 which I think is pretty good value for a Lush bath bomb, especially going by the size of it.


I hope you enjoyed this spooky blog post my lovelies. Let me know in the comments which your favourite products are. I'm looking forward to trying the bat-wing shower jelly next. If you're interested you can read my blog post on the Lush Halloween collection from last year by clicking here. I would also love to know what you all have planned for Halloween, whether it's a Halloween party, a bit of trick or treating or a night in with a Lush bath. I'm so excited to go back to Lush in a couple of weeks and pick up all of their Christmas goodies, that's where this months wages will be going. I did have a cheeky sniff and they've brought back some good classics with lot's of new products to also try so I cannot wait. I hope you all have a good day my lovelies and stay tuned for a spooky baking blog post for Halloween. 

XXX 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...