Tuesday 20 October 2015

October Glossybox 2015




Good morning my lovelies. Two Glossybox posts in one month *Gasps over dramatically* no pigs haven't flown by and they've sent two boxes this month. No, I was just slow last month and never posted Septembers box until October - oops. Slaps wrist, bad blogger. But hey look on the positive side it means that you are treated to two posts this month. Glass half full not half empty people. Last month's box was one of my favourites so far - highlight being the Nails Inc nail polish. Now let me tell you we are sure in for a corker this month my lovelies. No theme I'm afraid only that for preparing ourselves for all things Autumn. There are a grand total of five full size products aiming to brighten your completion and nourish the skin through the cooler days.

Photo-Hydra Day by Talika
Talika is a luxury French brand and a new one to me and let me tell you this feels like a luxurious product. That's one of the great things about Glossybox, it gives you the opportunity to discover lot's of new and exciting brands across the world. This is a luxurious moisturiser aiming to sooth and nourish the skin to leave you with glowing, soft skin to tackle the Autumn months. You apply the moisturiser in the morning to your cleansed face, neck and décolleté - I love that word so much. Try saying it over and over again for a giggle. The moisturiser also claims to use energy from natural light to moisturiser it. Whether it does or not I don't know, complicated scientific components go right over my head but I'm still intrigued to test it out. Like I said previously this is a luxurious product and I love the packaging, very sleek. The price alone at £24.85 tells you that it is a high end product so I'm looking forward to comparing it to my lovely, trusted Simple moisturiser.


Airbrush Blending Sponge By Nicka K
Another new brand to me, yet a product that intrigues me. Beauty blending sponges have been all the rage recently and what I would like to claim them as a beauty trend of 2015. They keep popping up every where amongst new and old brands and in the beauty bloggers world. They aren't a new product of 2015, more of a retro product yet still they have been the ultimate craze. These beauty blending sponges are an alternative way to apply your foundation or concealer to a foundation brush. I use my trusted classic of the Maybelline Dream Matte Mouse foundation and being a mouse foundation I'm not sure how well a sponge would work to apply my foundation. I'm a stickler for routine, once I have something that I know and works I find it very hard to deviate. Having said that I use a liquid concealer of the Collection Lasting perfection concealer and I think this sponge would be a great way of blending in concealer. The contoured domed shape would allow this sponge to reach all of those little nooks and cranny's on your face such as around the inner corner and under your eye for tackling those pesky dark circles and around your nose where you may experience redness, I know I do especially on a cold Autumn morning.

To use the sponge you simply dampen the sponge in water to allow it to swell. Then tightly squeeze the sponge to remove any excess water. You can then either dip the sponge into your product or blend out any product you have left randomly dotted around your face. I am really looking forward to trying this as a beauty blender sponge has been something I have been debating trying for several months now so I've saved some pennies there - winning at life! I also really like the shape of this brush as the curved middle will allow greater precision to your usual classic 'egg' shaped sponges. At only £6.50 this is a bargain and if it transforms your foundation then so, so worth it.


Highlighting Pencil By So Susan
So Susan is a brand that is a regular within a Glossybox full of dreams so it was nice to see the return of it. This is a gorgeous ivory cream highlighting pencil. Perfect for under your eyebrow bone and in the inner corner of your eyes. It also claims to be a hybrid as it can be used to tackle dark circles. Anything that claims to tackle dark circles in a welcome edition to my make-up family. I've definitely over used the word tackle today it's starting to sound weird in my head now. Highlighters are used in areas that would naturally catch the light. They help to brighten your completion, highly useful this time of year when everyone starts to look tired, run down and with streaming colds as they are on countdown for Christmas. Eek.

This has a really nice smooth and creamy formulation which is promising for easy blending. I also love the beautiful pastel packaging it reminds me of the MeMeMe mystical fairytale packaging. I don't own many individual highlighters, the majority of my highlighter collection is in a palette form along with a bronzer and/or blusher for a bit of cheeky contouring. However, I think it would be really useful to have an individual highlighter to throw in your make-up bag and use with individual bronzers. This would encourage me to experiment with my collection more as like I said I'm a stickler for routine and when your rushing to get ready for work it's easy just to grab a palette rather then individual comments. This highlighter will force me to have a bit of variation going. Living life on the edge people. You can pick one of these up for £15. The fact it's a crayon also pleases me immensely. I had a very strong and still do having said that, obsession for crayon lip products so it's nice to branch out my crayon love to new areas of expertise.


Lip Ointment By Lanolips
I hate the word ointment I wish they hadn't included it, I don't know why it reminds me of pig farms - don't judge. Although I don't hate this product in fact I think I may love it. This is a major hybrid, a 3 in 1. It is a moisturiser for your lips, it contains SPF 15 and yes and it is a beautiful peachy pink glossy colour. This lip gloss/balm what ever you want to call it will help prevent chapped lips due to containing lanolin, vitamin E and natural oils keeping lips smooth and moisturised. It even contains prunes which boggles my mind but all natural. It's always useful to have an SPF in lip products as I think many including myself forget about protecting your lips from the sun as you tend to focus on smearing sun cream over your body but we don't tend to stop and think of our lips. Let's me optimistic that we will experience that gorgeous warm Autumn sunshine. If you google sun burnt lips that will change your mind.

The product has a really nice fresh and fruity Rhubarb scent and it is a gorgeous dark peachy pink shade. Perfect for a pinky nude shade for a daytime look in Autumn. I believe they also do a rose version as well but I'm not a fan of flower scented products so i was tickled pink with rhubarb. The gorgeous gold packaging is beautiful making it feel like a very luxurious lip product. Yet at only £7.99 from Boots it might be a bit of a life saver this Winter whilst looking gorgeous at the same time. I was expecting a glossy formulation although I would describe it more as a lip butter that you can rub into your lips. It has a thick formulation which I believe will make it really moisturising and nourishing. I cannot wait to join this little fella to my hand bag as I know it will be an on the go gem which will save me from dry lips this winter. During Autumn/Winter I tend to look out for nourishing products as supported to glossy/shinny/pretty ones so a product that does all of those things is an added bonus to me.


Play Paint By Jelly Pong Pong
Judging by the name of this product you're probably a little perplexed as to what this product actually is. I am as well. My great detective skills inform me that it is a lip and cheek cream. Designed to give a bit of colour to your face when you're tired and feeling like death. Nice. This is a velvety thick formulation - creamy and soothing I imagine. You really don't need a lot of this as it has a very strong pigment so you would probably need that equivalent to a rice grain to avoid looking like a clown. It is a beautiful, beautiful rich raspberry pink shade which does scare me a little as I'm not a mahoosive fan of bright pink cheeks however I could see myself using this more of a lip then cheek product. I recon it would be really useful for instant colour on the lips and one that would suit my lip colour at that of a darker pink berry shade. Autumn in a tube.

The product contains pumpkin seed oil which will help repair any damage to your lips from the cold weather whilst keeping them nourished. The product also claims to last up to 10 hours and judging by that rich colour I could believe that but it will be interesting to test that bold statement, and it is a bold statement at that. This seems like a fun product yet it also has beneficial products within it as well so again another key essential over Autumn/Winter when an added bit of healthy glowing radiance is needed. You can pick one of these up for only £8.95 if you are interested.


So there you have it my lovelies - a first impression look of the Autumn Glossybox that will set you up for Autumn. I think my favourite products this month would have to be well all of them. The Glossyboxes recently seem to be getting better and better. If I had to pick one product that excites me the most it would have to be the Rhubarb lip ointment but the whole box pleases me immensely. I would love to know in the comments what you all thought of this months box and if you have tried any of the products and what you thought of them. Thank you for reading my lovelies and I hope you all have a lovely Tuesday. Stay tuned for next months November box.

XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...