Thursday 1 October 2015

September Favourites 2015


Hello my lovelies and a Happy 1'st of October to you all! After the 21st of September Autumn has officially fallen and I am absolutely loving it! Normally I dread Autumn as I think of cold shorter days, rain and everyone seems ill but so far it has been gorgeous. I don't want to tempt fait but I think we've been pretty lucky so far. I love living in the countryside which just looks gorgeous in Autumn with that warm sunlight, blue skies, red berries and the crunching leaves on the floor - heaven. Autumn makes me think of cosy socks and pyjamas, hot chocolate, candles, cosy nights in, evening walks, films and bubble baths. Yes I am an 80 year old trapped in a 19 year olds body but to be honest I don't really care. Also, am I the only one who is constantly checking the Lush website for the release of their Autumn/Winter collection? The shops are filling up with Christmas stock so it's only a matter of time. I'm also not ashamed to admit I've brought my Christmas cards all ready, top tip, Next have some goodens thats worth checking out.

So I am currently sat here typing this brimming fit to burst with excitement as I'll let you all into a little secret in the fact I am off to Paris tomorrow for a long weekend. The last time I went to Paris I was just sat chilling in my mother's stomach so unsurprisingly I don't remember it. We first had the idea of going back in March when it was my Mum's birthday so after months and months of planning and a whole lot of squealing it's finally upon us. EEK! Paris looks so pretty and what better time to go then the Autumn. Theres so much to explore and I just want to see as much as possible taking in all of the culture and beauty. A bloggers heaven; what more could you ask for?

Towards the end of September I have started my university course and I fear that my blog has taken a back seat. I knew it would happen I guess I just find it hard to let go. I should really be working now but I needed to blog for sanity really. I have had so, so many blog posts planned recently yet I just haven't had time to write them which I am sorry about. I will still blog it just won't be as frequent as I like but I do have a few baking and beauty posts lined up for you all for October and who knows maybe a cheeky Paris post might creep in.

45 Rimmel Lipstick By Kate Moss
Over the Summer Kate Moss continued to release a further 5 lipsticks with Rimmel which was called her nude collection. Nude lipsticks don't suit me as I have very pigmented red lips so they don't tend to show up or they make me look disturbingly ill. The only nude shades I can wear are dark rosy brown shades. I didn't pay much attention to her collection as I just guessed that they wouldn't suit me but whilst queuing in Superdrug I saw the range and saw one shade that I thought I could ware. I got a little bit too excited over this and took the plunge and brought it. Those till offers you have to stand next to for five minutes are my nemesis. 45 is a really pretty rosy brown shade. The lipsticks are of the same formulation to her previous collection - smooth, moisturising, really pigmented and they also taste really nice - sort of a cherry scent (not that this should be an important factor). They last a hell of a long time and this newbie is a welcome edition to my collection. I have found myself wear this pretty much everyday throughout September. It is just a simple, new easy to wear everyday lipstick. The fact it's nude means you can wear it with pretty much any make-up look. If you could only own one lipstick then I would recommend this one. It's definitely worth checking out the collection if you haven't so already.

Cool Melon Fresca Bubblebath By TreacleMoon 

Autumn and bubble bath, no surprises there then. I love using the Treacle Moon bubble baths. They have a really good range of scents, they're super cheap and they last a long time. It takes me months and months to get through one of these. I realise that, that makes me sound like I don't wash. I do wash. In fact I have a bath everyday you just get a lot of product here which is a good plus. Last year I discovered this limited edition Melon one which can I just say smells amazing. Summer in a bottle. When you think about it you don't tend to see many Melon scented products so it's in a league of it's own here. It's really gentle, refreshing and soothing so perfect for an evening in and a nice warm bath. I brought one of these last year and became obsessed with it. The fact that it was limited edition panicked me so when it went on a 3 for 2 offer I brought another 3 and stocked up, is that normal? So yes I have got through almost four of these. I have used this pretty mush over the entire summer and I will greatly miss it so fingers crossed it returns next year as it is a summer must have for me. I also love the little messages Treacle Moon write on their bottles for each personalised scent, it's really cute and I often find myself re-reading them whilst lying in the bath.

Enhancing Serum Base By Noxidoxi
News flash but over September I only started to use a face serum. I'll be honest I wasn't sure you were meant to use them or what they really did - bad blogger. I suppose the beauty world is always changing and like I mention in my profile I'm no expert and I'm always learning and adapting to new creations. This arrived in my July Glossybox and after testing it I have worn it everyday since. This is very fitting as the July Glossybox was the French edition box. I believe toners are meant to firm your skin and this one also contains antioxidants to help nourish your skin. Toners are also supposed to tighten your pores which will help a smoother application of foundation. I apply this once a day in the morning after washing my face and before moisturising ready to apply my make-up. I believe that this is more of a high end product and a little on the pricy side but after discovering toners I think it is worth spending that extra bit of money and including them into your skin care routine.

Sugar Crush Body Spray By Soap And Glory 
Now tell me who doesn't love a Soap and Glory product? I love their range of make-up and skin care products my house is filled to the brim. The Sugar Crush scent is my favourite from their range and when I discovered you could buy a body spray of the scent I got very excited. I don't know how to describe the scent I guess the best I can come up with is sweet limes yet it isn't overly citrusy if that makes any sense. Probably not so I suggest you just go and give this a sniff and I promise you that you won't be disappointed, I'm addicted to it. I just love the scent as it's really refreshing so if you're in need of a little pick me up, give this a spritz and you will smell heavenly.

Mojhito Body Sorbet By The Body Shop
Okay so we seem to have a lime theme going on here. I loved using the body sorbets over summer and it is something that I will continue to use no doubt throughout the Autumn and Winter. The body sorbets are great to use if your in a hurry to quickly moisturise as they instantly absorb into your skin. This means you're not stood awkwardly for half an hour naked waiting for your moisturiser to sink in before you can get dressed. Not the best scenario when running late for work. The sorbets have a more oil then buttery formula but don't worry they won't leave you greasy. Instead they are full of amazingly smelling air pockets that pop and soak into your skin. The perfect cheats tool to speedy body moisturising. The Body Shop sell these in an amazing range of scents. Over the Summer they brought out the Virgin Mojhito range which I have been dying to buy over the entire summer yet restrained myself as I'm trying to be careful with money seeing as I'm now a student again. I told myself once I ran out of my current sorbet I could treat myself to a new one so after finishing another tube I took the plunge and went for it. I love that word tube it's very satisfying to say. Although I would describe this very much as a summer scent I have loved using this recently I must be having a lime faze. Similar to the sugar crush spray this is very refreshing and it will definitely be Paris bound with me.

Thank you for reading this blog post my lovelies. Let me know in the comments what your favourite products have been this September. They don't have to be beauty related they can be totally random from TV shows to food to clothing to sports. TV highlights for me have included the return of the X Factor, Educating Cardiff, Doc Martin, surprisingly Doctor Who and less unsurprisingly of course the one and only Great British Bake Off. I hope you all have a lovely day don't worry it's nearly the weekend and I shall see you once I've returned from Paris. Au Revoir my lovelies.


xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...