Wednesday 1 July 2015

June Favourites 2015


Good morning my lovelies and a big hello to July and summer. This week has certainly brought the summer weather with it, I can't believe how warm and sunny it has been - if slightly humid. The first of July means another monthly favourites blog post which seems to have a summer theme going on. This probably isn't the most exciting monthly favourites post but it does feature products that tend to be essential for summer.

Tangerine Shower Gel By Radox
I normally stick to shower gel from The Body Shop I don't know why really I guess they have a huge range of scents and 'flavours' to choose from you can get so much variation. There always seems to be an offer on which makes buying 3 or 4 shower gels justifiable even though you have a stash of ones that you need to use up first. I was in Boots a few weeks ago when I picked this up, arms full of goodies that I didn't really need and I was caught out by the offers they have whilst you're queuing for the tills along with the reduced chocolates. The Radox shower gels were on offer for £1 each which seemed pretty good value to me that I thought it would be rude not to. Seeing as I had already spent way too much already I thought another £2 won't hurt so I picked up this satsuma one and a pink grapefruit one, damn you Boots. Both scents smelt of summer to me and this past month I have loved using this one. I also find that it is lasting a really long time and I promise you I wash daily and I am hygienic so this is used on a daily basis an it's not that I have barely used it before you all think that. The slogan on the satsuma one is feel revived and you definitely do after using this as it is so refreshing and it just smells of summer. It has opened up my eyes to all new brands of shower gel which unfortunately for my bank account I am going to now have to try. I can't wait to try the pink grapefruit and basil one next which I slightly prefer to the satsuma one, so much excitement.

Vanilla Brullee Body Butter By The Body Shop
I realise that I have just rambled on about summer and this is a product that I picked up at Christmas, the total opposite to summer but I have only just got round to using it, shocking I know. Although this was part of the limited edition Christmas range I wouldn't say that it was a staple Christmas scent that you would only use at Christmas as I also find vanilla can also be a refreshing summer scent. Now that I am slowly starting to develop a tan I am finding myself moisturising my skin more often to try and prolong my skin from peeling for as long as possible as no one wants to look scaly. The body butters are extremely moisturising from The Body Shop and this one smells incredible. It is a sweet vanilla scent with honey extracts. This isn't much use to you all now as it was limited edition and now sold out but it's just what I have loved using this past month, simple as.

Honeymania Perfume By The Body Shop
Continuing with the honey theme if you read my last blog post then it will be of no surprise to you that this is featured in my favourites post. This is a signature perfume for me to wear over Spring/Summer and it was this last month that I reintroduced it back into my life again. I picked this up as a freebie last year in the summer and it turned into my everyday perfume of last summer. When ever I smell this it brings back happy memories from last summer that when ever I wear this it has a feel good effect on me. It's a really gentle honey scent which isn't sickly sweet, more refreshing. The Body Shop perfumes are much more affordable then designer brands so you can easily justify this for everyday use. I have been a little obsessed with honey this past month: honey products, honey scent and one of my favourite things at the moment is Greek yoghurt with honey, that with fresh berries is just heaven. I just know that I will continue to wear this over the upcoming summer months. Does anyone else associate different perfumes with different occasions and memories?

The Daily Smooth Body Butter By Soap And Glory 
I have experienced dry hands this past month I guess due to the warmer weather so I have found it to be essential to have a hand cream in my handbag with me constantly. This is a rich body butter which is a sweet floral scent with rose hip seed oil and cocoa butter. I have found this to be really moisturising and although it does feel thick it still absorbs into your skin really quickly so you're not left with sticky hands and then sticky marks on everything that you later touch. It has also helped to save my hands this past month which are now looking a lot less dry and less cracked. They definitely look more youthful which is reassuring for a 19 year old. This is just a really useful hand cream for on the go use.

Dove Summer Glow Body Lotion 
Now we are moving into summer it is the tanning season and I find that my legs tan so much slower then the rest of my body such as my arms in fact sometimes I wonder if my legs ever tan at all. The only part of legs which tan quickly are my knees which just leaves you with pale legs and brown knees which to be honest with you all looks slightly ridiculous. I have been using this gradual tan once a day, everyday on my legs. It is a body lotion which is less viscous then a body butter so it instantly absorbs into your skin. I have been using this for two purposes really - to moisturise my skin and help a gradual tan develop on my legs so that once it's warm enough for summer dresses I won't feel self conscious of people seeing my legs. It's like baby steps really, I think of it as a similar purpose to a foundation. I have used this over the summer months for years now I have lost count how many I remember first using this for my year 11 prom and I have lost count how many bottles I have worked my way through since. I love this because as the bottle suggests it is a gradual tan that slowly builds up so you can use it as often as you like to develop the tone that you desire. It isn't orange at all which is something I hate about fake tan. It comes in different shades but I use the one for fair to medium as I want a natural looking tan. I wouldn't say that I'm really pale I just tend to tan slowly and gradually. This will carry on to be an essential over summer even when my legs to develop their own natural tan as the rest of my body always tans faster. I would honestly swear by this product.

I hope you enjoyed reading this blog post my lovelies, I'm sorry it wasn't the most exciting of ones to read as it was mainly about dry skin which isn't the nicest of things to talk about but still a summer issue to be dealt with. I would love to know in the comments which products you have loved using this past month and if you have tried any of these products and what you thought of them. Thank you for reading and I hope you all have good days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...