Friday 3 July 2015

Banana and Chocolate Chip Muffins


Hello my lovelies, I have a slightly different blog post for you all today. I have two main interests: baking and beauty. I have practically kept my blog entirely beauty related apart from a couple of blog posts over Christmas which were baking related and part of my 'blogmas' posts. Having said that they were both some of my most popular posts over December so I thought seeing as I bake quite often and have a real passion for it, why not include a few baking posts. Those of you who are interested can feel free to read them but no worries if you aren't as my blog will remain mainly beauty/fashion/make-up related. Just throwing this out there that I am by no means a baking expert I just love baking and it is one of my hobbies. I am by no means Great British Bake Off level, far from it but if I ever find a successful recipe I thought I would share it with you all to try. 

I have recently been working my way through a muffin recipe book and so far these have been my favourite. I have a very, very strong love for caramel/fudge/banana going on at the moment which I never really used to have so the fact these muffins are chocolate and banana is like heaven for me. The good thing about muffins is they tend not to be iced like cupcakes so they are a lot quicker to make if you have time restrictions. They also have a different 'batter' mixture to cupcakes which is slightly on the healthier side and the fact these have banana in them means you could attempt to justify one of these as part of your five a day - maybe. 

Ingredients (makes 12 - just to warn you these are large, not that, that is a bad thing)

280g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
3 large ripe bananas
110g caster sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
60 ml milk
90 ml vegetable/sunflower oil
100g milk chocolate chips - The larger the better! I used large chunks that i found in the baking section in Waitrose but I would also recommend Cadbury Dairy milk as they are they perfect size

Method

1) Preheat the oven to 190°C/170°Fan/375°F and line your muffin baking tray with muffin cases

2) In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda

3) Add the chocolate chunks

4) In another bowl mash the bananas, you could use a fork for this but I would recommend using a potato masher for this

5) Stir the sugar, beaten egg, vanilla extract, milk and oil to the mashed bananas

6) Add the wet mixture to the dry and stir lightly to combine the mixture but don't over mix

7) Pour into the muffin cases and bake for 20 - 25 mins until the tops are golden and have risen. You can use a skewer to check that they are cooked by inserting it into the middle and if it comes out clean when you remove it you know that they are ready

Thank you for reading this and I hope you enjoyed this different blog post my lovelies, these muffins are so quick and easy to make. They were really moist and delicious to eat if I don't say so myself, definitely a new family favourite. They are really light and perfect for this hot summer weather we are currently expereincing. Let me know in the comments if you choose to give these ago and let me know how they went you can always send me a picture. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...