Thursday 9 July 2015

OOTD - Mother And Daughter Treat Day In London 07/07/15


Good Morning my lovelies how are we all today? I have an outfit of the day  and lifestyle post for you all today which is something that I haven't written in a long, long time now so I'm actually quite excited to write this. I'm also excited as I had such a nice time on my little outing that I'm still buzzing from it. For my 19th back in January as part of my birthday present my Mum said that she would treat me to a day out in London. I personally love London; I get a real buzz from it. I don't think I would want to live there as it would seem less of a special treat to go there compared to that feeling I get when I visit London. I turn into a proper tourist, I love just walking around, seeing as much as possible and taking pictures everywhere. I took a lot of pictures when we went and I mean a lot so I found it quite difficult to narrow it down for this post. I'm combining this post on our day out with an OOTD post as there is the odd vague picture of me that pops up now and again during this post. 

What I'm wearing:
Jacket - New Look
Cami Top - River Island 
Jeans - Miss Selfridge 
Trainers - Converse
Bag - Accessorize 
Nail Polish - Barry M Coconut 

Like I said above this day out was a birthday treat from my Mum so we both had a really nice girly day out together. We went up on the Tuesday and got into Victoria at about 11 isn where both of us were definitely feeling a coffee was needed. We hopped on the tube and went to Covent Garden. We didn't plan it, it was pure chance that everything that we wanted to do that day all happened to be really close so we were able to walk around for most of the day or we just used the Piccadilly line but it was nice as we weren't spending the whole day travelling on the tube. Now don't get me wrong - I personally love going on the underground - except at rush hour when you're all crammed into what feels like the smallest carriage and you have your head wedged under someones armpit - but sometimes I feel you see more just by walking. We were so lucky with the weather as it was meant to rain all day yet in the end it was really sunny and warm so how we got away with that one I have no idea. I love walking around Covent Garden as you have a combination of all the designer shops and all of the cute quirky ones as well with plenty of stalls to look at. We went for coffee at a cute cafe called Andronica's where we were able to sit outside in the sun and do the odd bit of people watching. It was so relaxing we probably could of just sat there all day but it does defeat the point of going to London a little. 

After a mooch around Covent Garden we decided to go there for lunch where by pure coincidence we stumbled across the cutest French Cafe which was tucked away downstairs called Chez Antoinette. They were so lovely in there and the owner was saying how her Grandmother taught her to cook so she designed the cafe to look like her Grandmothers kitchen which I thought sounded adorable and it also looked adorable. We both ordered a berry smoothie along with goats cheese on toasted bread with salad which had blueberries and toasted seeds. It was amazing I had never tried goats cheese with blueberries before but they went together really well. The toasted seeds were just heaven I am so obsessed with them at the moment. Since it has been what I like to think of as summer weather, recently I have been eating a lot of salads for lunch and I always top mine with toasted seeds to finish off so I thoroughly approved of this. I would definitely recommend you check out this cafe - they have designed it so nicely, the food is amazing, there is a relaxed atmosphere and they are lovely people. I thought it was quite fitting we went to a French Cafe as for my Mum's birthday we are planning to spend a long weekend in Paris around September time which we are both getting just a teeny tiny bit ecstatic about. 







After lunch we planned to go and walk around Green Park. We found that they had shut the Covent Garden tube station so seeing as the weather was so nice we thought we would be spontaneous and walk it through Piccadilly and Leister Square. I always say that things happen for a reason as if the station hadn't of been shut we wouldn't of stumbled across M&M World and Oh My that is something . I knew it existed but I had never visited it before I just hadn't really seen a reason to go there. My Mum hadn't heard of it before so we had a nosy around and it is incredible. That chocolate smell that hits you as you walk in is just incredible. If I lived in London I may have to walk in everyday just to smell that sugary heaven like smell. I didn't realise how big the store was I think it was five story packed full of chocolate, clothing and different merchandise. Feeling spontaneous we thought sod it let's just buy some M&M pyjamas so we brought matching sexy M&M pj's as you do. Mine are pink and Mum's are green and to say I'm totally in love with them is an understatement right now. We didn't really do any other shopping as don't get me wrong I love shopping in London but I was in a sight seeing mood and there was nothing I really needed so I thought we could save that for another day. We'll save the shopping for a rainy day or around Christmas time, all day we kept saying and when we next visit we'll do this, and this and this.


We carried on plodding along towards Green Park where we stumbled across a chocolate delicatessens and saw these bad boys in the window. Sticking with the French theme we thought we would buy a couple each to sit and enjoy in Green Park. The only trouble was choosing which ones as I could of quite happily tried one of each. Obviously I went for caramel to go with my caramel obsession and I also plumped for lemon as I thought that sounded refreshing. Mum went for coffee and pistachio which I also thought was a good shout. They were heaven and we are definitely buying some when we go to Paris as it would be rude not to.








After eating our heaven like macaroons we mooched around Green Park and Buckingham Palace and yes the Queen was there as the flag was up, I don't think she's ever been there when I've visited before. We then hopped on the tube for Hyde Park where we wondered around the Gardens and the Serpentine. We didn't stay there too long as it was the 10 year anniversary of the 7/7 bombings and it was quite busy as there were press interviews going on there. 



We decided to walk back towards Piccadilly for some dinner as to top off my birthday treat, my Mum had treated us to tickets to watch Les Miserables at the Queen's Theatre. For years my Mum and I would get tickets to go to the theatre for my birthday but for some reason we hadn't been for a few years I think you just get tied up with things for college and work but now I've finished college we can be more flexible. The last time we went was to see Wicked which was just over three years ago and it was incredible - personally my all time favourite musical. We went to Fortnum and Mason just to have a nosy around as it is what I would describe as just a little on the pricy side but there is no harm in looking and all of their displays look beautiful. 


We went for dinner at Pizza Express as that is a little family tradition for us as we always go there before going to the theatre. You cannot beat a Pizza Express, we both plumped for pizza's and shared a tiramisu after enjoying a cheeky glass of wine which was needed after my Mum's stressful shoe drama - long story. We headed to the theatre which was about a 30 second walk from the restaurant so ideal really. The performance was incredible I would sum it up as powerful in terms of the singing, emotion and plot. It is definitely a must to watch and there is something special about watching live performances. 


There you go my lovelies a bit of a random burbling blog post for you all which I hope you enjoyed reading and having a nosy at what I got up to in London. Visiting London is such a treat for me it terns me into a little kid again. Let me know in the comments if you have seen Les Miserables and what you thought of it. If you enjoyed this post you could click here to read one of my first blog posts that I ever wrote on my last day trip to London. Thank you for reading my lovelies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...