Monday 29 June 2015

Spring Perfumes 2015




Good morning my lovelies and a Happy Monday to you all. I have the last post for this months Spring favourites collections. I feel like I'm pushing it by talking about Spring at the end of June to be honest. I don't often talk about perfumes on my blog as I am one of the worst person at describing different scents so this may not be the most interesting post you've ever read but we'll go with it. In this post I thought I would talk about my favourite perfumes that I wore over Spring which mainly consists of more floral scents and I guess they turn sweeter for the summer months. I suppose floral scents are quite fitting for Spring with all the flowers coming into bloom.

Japanese Cherry Blossom By The Body Shop
This has been my everyday staple scent for months and months, I would wear this on an everyday basis. I have worn this for years I think I discovered it when I was in year 10 or 11 at secondary school and I have since lost count how many bottle I have worked my way through. I think I like the scent as it's a gentle scent and not too overpowering yet it has a sweet floral fragrance to it. The good think about perfumes from The Body Shop is that they have a huge range which stay fragranced for a long period of time yet they are a lot more affordable compared to more designer brands. This bottle is priced at £7.50 and even though I use it practically everyday it will last me for nearly a year. I purchase the body mist which is a less concentrated version which I like for everyday wear as I can just spray it all over and it isn't too 'in your face' if you know what I mean. There have been several occasions where I have been complimented by this scent at work which is nice, I would prefer a compliment to people complaining about the smell any day.

Honeymania By The Body Shop
This is the only non-floral scent in my Spring favourites collection. I actually received this last summer as a freebie and fell in love with it ever since. Although I've included this in a Spring post I would and will be wearing this over the summer as well. When ever I smell this scent it reminds me of last summer bringing back happy memories of those warm, long summer days which I think we about to experience again this week. It's a really sweet scent but not an artificial scent so even if you aren't normally a fan of sweet scents I would honestly recommend you give this a sniff as it isn't overpowering or sickly it's actually quite subtle. It does smell similar to honey but if I smelt this blindfolded I probably wouldn't say that it reminded me of honey although saying that honey doesn't tend to have a strong scent. I started wearing this again this year probably at the start of last month and I find myself reaching for this more and more often. As it is a toilette it is more concentrated then the previous mist hence the smaller bottle so you don't need to spray as much. I would honestly recommend you check this scent out for summer if you haven't already. You can pick this one up for £8.50. I am currently also working my way through the body butter from the Honey range which I am also a little obsessed with. This would be a great holiday perfume to take away with you on your travels.

Sparkling Apple By The Body Shop
Oh look another perfume from The Body Shop now theres a surprise for those of you who don't know I am not ashamed to admit that I have an addiction and obsession with The Body Shop, always have done and always will do. Unfortunately I think this one has been discontinued which saddens me deeply as I will now only use it sparingly as once it's gone it's gone. Although it's called Apple, I wouldn't describe this as an apple scent as you know you get some products for example their green apple shower gel or the candy apple scent from the christmas range which just smell in one word delicious - true fresh apples. However, this reminded me more of a cross between apple blossom and cider and I think the floral hint to it is what made me turn to it during Spring. Again this is also a smaller more concentrated toilette so I'm assuming it was also priced at £8.50 but I've had this for quite a few years now so I honestly can't remember.

Daisy By Marc Jacobs
We are now moving onto the more designer perfumes where we will now see what can only be described as disgusting prices. I was lucky enough to receive this as a gift from my Gran a couple of Christmases ago and which to be honest with you all I had, had my eye on it for quite a while before then. As you could imagine by the name and packaging this is of a floral scent but hands up that is probably the best description you will get from me, sorry I did warn you all. Although I would say it is more musky compared to the cherry blossom perfume which would mean I would wear it more Winter/Spring compared to Spring/Summer and that could also be the association with the Christmas gift who knows. I love this scent as I do with a large range of the Marc Jacobs perfumes. I also think the gold packaging is really cute with the daisies. Maybe not the most practical packaging for taking with you in a make-up bag I'll give you that but the Marc Jacobs bottles always look spectacular. I love daisies myself they just make me think of Spring and my obsession has moved onto daisy clothing and daisy jewellery which is an ever growing collection. If you like the smell of daisies you will love this perfume. This can be picked up for - deep breaths now - £52. Yet as I found out it makes a lovely gift or treat for yourself of you're looking for a new perfume. There are also lot's of variations of the daisy perfume whether that is more sweeter or musky but the original is my personal favourite.

Ultra Violet By DKNY
I personally love the DKNY perfumes and I slowly am developing an extending collection. I was lucky enough to receive this as a gift from my Mum last year and it was part of the limited edition Spring collection so again unfortunately I can't repurchase it so it is another one I will use sparingly and save for special occasions. I only own limited edition perfumes from her collection which probably isn't useful for me as I can't repurchase them so I don't help myself really. I love the statement apple shapes of the perfume bottles which are also much more practical for travelling compared to the Marc Jacobs bottle if you are looking for a holiday perfume. Again, bold statement coming your way now brace yourselves, this is another floral perfume although it is lighter then the daisy scent. It reminds of of a cross between the cherry blossom and sparking apple scent as it is floral yet theres that subtle cider hint to it. This probably smells truly disgusting but I promise you it smells incredible and it is one of my all time favourites. Whenever I have gone out or had a family occasion recently I have found myself turning to this perfume on several occasions and I know I will continue to over summer as well as it is another perfume that brings back happy memories of last summer. Does anyone else associate perfumes with different memories? As it is no longer available I have no idea how much this one cost but the original version is on average about £49 so I'm assuming it was around that price band. I had a Debenhams gift card so I recently purchased one of the limited edition bottles from her 2015 collection which is the one in the orange bottle which honestly smells incredible! If you can get your hands on it I would highly recommend it but the orange one seems to be sold out in most shops now so you need to be speedy.

I hope you enjoyed this blog post my lovelies, let me know in the comments what perfumes you enjoyed wearing over Spring I am always up for trying new perfumes. I'll justify it to myself for blogging reasons. I hope you have good days, now that Wimbledon has started again to me that screams strawberries and summer so I plan to spend a large chunk of my day watching that and I shall reappear after a couple of weeks again once it has finished.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...