Friday 23 January 2015

Naked 2 Basics









Hello my lovelies, two blog posts in two days what a treat for you all. Today we have a blog post that I have been dead excited to write for ages now. For Christmas I was lucky enough to receive two Urban Decay products - this one and the Naked 3 pallet which I will be writing a blog post on next month. Urban Decay is a brand that I have had my eye on for a while now. They do gorgeous products which I could quite happily stare at all day - mainly their eyeshadows. I have always been a lover of neutral shades I just think they suit all eye colours and look very flattering so their Naked collection is right up my street. I spend ages flicking through pictures of the Naked eyeshadows on Instagram just in a trance so I have been so excited to try these. For a while I didn't use them just because they look so pretty I didn't want to ruin them, does anyone else do that or is it just me? 

The main Naked pallets contain 12 eyeshadows where as the Basics versions contain 6 shades similar or from the Naked pallet to give the same effect. The Naked 2 Basics shadows are 6 new shades similar but different to those in the Naked 2 pallet. It contains one shimmer shade and five matte shades. It also has a good size mirror which makes it the perfect item to pop in your handbag for on the go touch ups. The original Naked pallet contains warm tones, Naked 2 is cool tone and Naked 3 has more pinky, brown rose gold shades. If you were after a Basics pallet but you prefer warm tone shades then I would recommend that you go for the original Naked Basics pallet but if you're a lover of cool taupe colours then this is for you. I also love the fact that all of the shades have names as it makes them identifiable and I just think that it's really cute. I have been really impressed with the formulation of the Naked eyeshadows as they are really creamy which makes them really easy to blend together for contouring. They are also highly pigmented and they aren't dusky shadows which means they will last a long time and they transfer easily from your brush. From the pictures with the swatches you can see that the darker shades are more pigmented but the lighter shades can gradually be built up so you can get the pigmentation that you want. 

Skimp - This is the lightest shade and the only one with a hint of shimmer. This shade is perfect for highlighting the inner corner of your eye on your brow bone as it just adds that something extra to brighten your eyes. This is the warmest shade as the others are more of a cool tone. This is a must have shade for me. 

Stark - This is a slightly darker cream shade which has pink undertones. This shade is really useful to use as a base to cover up your veins on your eyelid before you start contouring. Again this shade is also useful for brightening the inner corner of your eye. 

Frisk - This is a classic light taupe shade with grey undertones and it would be perfect to use if you wanted to do a smokey eye. 

Cover - This is another one of my favourites, it is a cool tone brown shade with pink undertones. I love wearing dusky pink eyeshadows as I find they compliment my green eyes so I think thats why this is a firm favourite of mine. 

Primal - This is your classic matte brown eyeshadow shade. If you are a fan of neutral shades like me then you will love this shade as it looks really pretty on it it's own or blended with other shades. 

Undone - This is a matte dark brown verging on the black category. It is the darkest shade in the collection. This would look really good with Frisk for a smokey effect. I wouldn't wear black eyeshadow on it's own but I think it looks really nice in the outer crease or you could blend it out as an eyeliner on your upper lid or under your waterline. 

As soon as I opened the packaging I fell in love with this. If any of you are considering purchasing an Urban Decay product then I would highly recommend that you do as they are of an amazing quality. I know that previously I have been put off by the price as this will cost you £22. What I will say however is that they are a really good quality and I do think that they are worth that extra bit of money for as they will be handbag essentials and last you a long time as they are so pigmented. The packaging is adorable I can't rave about this product enough. This would make a really nice gift but if you can't afford to budget for this then a good alternative would be Lid Stuff by Soap and Glory in the shade What's Nude which has four cool tone shades, three matte and one with shimmer which are very similar to the shades in the Naked 2 Basics pallet although the Soap and Glory one is priced at £10 so a little more affordable. 

I hope you enjoyed reading this post my lovelies and let me know in the comments if you have tried this and what you thought of it. Enjoy your afternoons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...